Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated F1 >

Team Associated F1

Like Tree331Likes

Team Associated F1

Old 11-25-2018, 03:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been battling with my car on and off for some time now, and it's never felt quite right. At low to mid speed it feels pretty good, but once I get half way down the straight it all goes pear shaped. I decided to take some drastic measures today when I remembered that the AE front wing has a reputation for being too aggressive, so I removed it entirely. The car was finally stable on the straight and I could actually use full throttle for the first time. It pushes a fair bit in the sweeper now, as you'd expect, but I was still about a second a lap quicker without the front wing. Typical laps on this track are in the 18+ second range, outdoor asphalt. What are some low downforce front wing options for the F6? Or maybe some higher downforce rear wings?
Old 11-25-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I've been battling with my car on and off for some time now, and it's never felt quite right. At low to mid speed it feels pretty good, but once I get half way down the straight it all goes pear shaped. I decided to take some drastic measures today when I remembered that the AE front wing has a reputation for being too aggressive, so I removed it entirely. The car was finally stable on the straight and I could actually use full throttle for the first time. It pushes a fair bit in the sweeper now, as you'd expect, but I was still about a second a lap quicker without the front wing. Typical laps on this track are in the 18+ second range, outdoor asphalt. What are some low downforce front wing options for the F6? Or maybe some higher downforce rear wings?
mon-tech makes good wings
Old 11-25-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonic31
mon-tech makes good wings
let me help you a little more then telling you company a makes good stuff

The montec wing has two different inserts that work very well. one med. and one high downforce. if you use neither you get a minimal effect and this can really calm the car down.
The tamiya f60 wing is high nose but you can adjust the two small front winglets to adjust downforce by removing one screw,
I am currently running the montec with the med insert with good results.
It is amazing how much the front wing plays a role on these cars., Do not go too big on the rear may slow you down....try raising the wing up on the rear mount and play with angle too. good luck
Old 11-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
let me help you a little more then telling you company a makes good stuff

The montec wing has two different inserts that work very well. one med. and one high downforce. if you use neither you get a minimal effect and this can really calm the car down.
The tamiya f60 wing is high nose but you can adjust the two small front winglets to adjust downforce by removing one screw,
I am currently running the montec with the med insert with good results.
It is amazing how much the front wing plays a role on these cars., Do not go too big on the rear may slow you down....try raising the wing up on the rear mount and play with angle too. good luck
I wish everyone would answer questions like this. Sarcasm but with a very detailed answer that actually answers the question and is helpful.
Vintagedriver likes this.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I wish everyone would answer questions like this. Sarcasm but with a very detailed answer that actually answers the question and is helpful.
The sarcasm was aimed at Sonic. He had it coming a little. LOL. We're all good friends and enjoy racing and a little competitive banter between us.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
The sarcasm was aimed at Sonic. He had it coming a little. LOL. We're all good friends and enjoy racing and a little competitive banter between us.
With a name like fat500 you wonder which is it? 500lb or just fat ... here's some details: the mon tech wings like others on the market offer adjustability, fat500 has no adjustments, less or more downforce but in my opinion mon tech feels stiffer and stronger, not like fat500 who's soft and peachy, it should handle impacts better, much better than protoform.
Tamiya wings are also nice but fat500 runs Tamiya so beware.
PS, i love u fatty5000
Old 11-26-2018, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

the mon-tech v2 is good but you can chip each side of the wing easy if you hit the wall or cut a corner too quick.... for me i prefer the mon-tech V1 because they feel stronger and stiffer and handle impact better than the V2
Old 11-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have always had the best luck with a Tamiya J wing 51383. Been racing the same wing for 4 years without breaking it. And I hit things pretty hard when I do, lol.
Rick Vessell and astgerma52sp like this.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Mods required

Seriously considering this car. Replacing my TRF101, was thinking the F6, Roche or Serpent.

What are this cars pros and cons from people who have run it for a full season?

I hear the front suspension standoffs are weak and the Exotek brace is a good fix. What else?

Also, is there a steel axle option? I have carbon shafts, really needs a steel shaft.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dman18t
Seriously considering this car. Replacing my TRF101, was thinking the F6, Roche or Serpent.

What are this cars pros and cons from people who have run it for a full season?

I hear the front suspension standoffs are weak and the Exotek brace is a good fix. What else?

Also, is there a steel axle option? I have carbon shafts, really needs a steel shaft.
Get the stronger standoffs, look at exotek they have a couple good upgrades, upgrade the pivot bslls on the upper arms to the metal ones, upgrade the caster and camber pieces to aluminum
Old 01-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've been running this car for a year or so now and have given it a good beating. I have heard of the front standoffs bending but I've personally never ran into that problem. The only issue I did have was the side links breaking easily. I actually replaced them with some Traxxas links and never had a problem since. Aluminum camber/castor inserts wouldn't hurt though.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Traxxas links for what?
Old 01-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Traxxas links for what?
To replace the rear pod link (ASC4728).
Old 01-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Traxxas links for what?
Was wondering same thing.

What traxxas part part did you use? XRAY links also fit.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RobS
To replace the rear pod link (ASC4728).
Obviously, I mean what Traxxas part # or Traxxas car uses Links?
Billy Kelly and gigaplex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.