Like Tree294Likes

Team Associated F1

Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 08:16 PM
  #946  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ptrhahn View Post
Could anyone supply a part number/name for the circled parts, such that they could be bought seperately? Looking for the ball and cup that inserts into the carbon suspension arm. Thanks!
the part numbers for those circled parts are in the manual
sonic31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:37 PM
  #947  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
If it is going "straight" while going slow, like checking to make sure it goes straight, and only goes left under full throttle situations, check;
  1. Tweak in the car.
  2. Bearings
  3. Weight distribution - this shouldn't matter too much under hard acceleration unless it's a lot...
  4. Check your front kingpin springs, make sure they aren't very old - those little springs give up after some runs (especially after kissing the barriers).
Put the car on a setup station if you can, not imperative but it helps. If you have good calipers you can measure steering left to right to check it. Also, if you can't find it in the 3 listed, throw on a different set of tires and see if that makes a difference, because if you are running CRC premount tires the fronts can sometimes be horribly out of balance...
thank you for your help. i found the two screw came out of the back of the car. i will put the tires on the balancer
SGrubb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:46 AM
  #948  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

looking for some help i got my f1 used try to race it for the first time the car never had traction all day. it felt like it was floating on top of the track. i dont know the setup on the car. i did not put the car together. so i know nothing about the car. start over from scrach.
SGrubb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 AM
  #949  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 1,141
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

What type of track, ie., asphalt, concrete, gray carpet, black carpet...?? What tires are you running? Was it spinning out (have front traction - 0 rear traction) or was it like on ice (0 traction front/rear)??

And, maybe not start from scratch, but anytime I pick up a used car I check the bearings first thing, and things like free movement of the suspension/steering assembly, etc..

The F6 is a good chassis, as are most of the current crop of R/C F1's - unless it was abused it should be fine.

NINJA edit - went back up a few posts and saw you are on CRC black carpet.

To try first:
Run the CRC tires.
Soft front springs (on the kingpins).
Soft - medium side springs.
Firm(er) shock spring.
Glue (CA) the front sidewalls - DON'T do the rears
(Try) 3k - 10k lube in the damper tubes, ~3.5mm or so ride height front, little higher in the back (say 3.8 to maybe 4mm)

Also, throw the Associated front wing in the trash, get a Montech or Tamiya stiff front wing... I imagine you have been hitting the boards (no offense meant) and the PF and Associated wings bend very easily, and will then drag (check under your front wing on the edge, prob covered will black goo). AE rear wing is fine.

1 more thing, set the car to stock caster and go from there. Anyway, a few things to try - I would also have a local help you out, most will as they just want people to race with.
aracefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:57 PM
  #950  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
What type of track, ie., asphalt, concrete, gray carpet, black carpet...?? What tires are you running? Was it spinning out (have front traction - 0 rear traction) or was it like on ice (0 traction front/rear)??

And, maybe not start from scratch, but anytime I pick up a used car I check the bearings first thing, and things like free movement of the suspension/steering assembly, etc..

The F6 is a good chassis, as are most of the current crop of R/C F1's - unless it was abused it should be fine.

NINJA edit - went back up a few posts and saw you are on CRC black carpet.

To try first:
Run the CRC tires.
Soft front springs (on the kingpins).
Soft - medium side springs.
Firm(er) shock spring.
Glue (CA) the front sidewalls - DON'T do the rears
(Try) 3k - 10k lube in the damper tubes, ~3.5mm or so ride height front, little higher in the back (say 3.8 to maybe 4mm)

Also, throw the Associated front wing in the trash, get a Montech or Tamiya stiff front wing... I imagine you have been hitting the boards (no offense meant) and the PF and Associated wings bend very easily, and will then drag (check under your front wing on the edge, prob covered will black goo). AE rear wing is fine.

1 more thing, set the car to stock caster and go from there. Anyway, a few things to try - I would also have a local help you out, most will as they just want people to race with.
thank you for your help yes black carpet. the traction is always good. no goo on the front wing. bearing r good i dont know the spring rates. the car is 4mm in the front and 5mm in the back

SGrubb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:07 PM
  #951  
Tech Master
iTrader: (56)
 
aracefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: OK
Posts: 1,141
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

What I would try next time your at the track; (1) CRC tires, (2) soft front springs. Tighten up your diff as well, most are running locked diff's on black carpet. Definitely check your tires though... for example, if your running Ride GR tires they just won't work. You'll have waaaay too much front traction and zero rear grip - I ran those the first time I was on black carpet. The right tire is 70-80% of the battle.
aracefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:12 PM
  #952  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
looking for some help i got my f1 used try to race it for the first time the car never had traction all day. it felt like it was floating on top of the track. i dont know the setup on the car. i did not put the car together. so i know nothing about the car. start over from scrach.
You can go softer on the side and front springs, redo side tubes, I recommend 7-10k, or loosen the ball diff/lighter gear diff oil/take the locked axle out if there is one on the car. The only other thing I would check is to make sure the tires are still glued on the rims, some brands have issues with that.
Megatron328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:37 PM
  #953  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by Megatron328 View Post
You can go softer on the side and front springs, redo side tubes, I recommend 7-10k, or loosen the ball diff/lighter gear diff oil/take the locked axle out if there is one on the car. The only other thing I would check is to make sure the tires are still glued on the rims, some brands have issues with that.
good thanks i can do the changes will let you know is it possible to have a tweake chassis.
SGrubb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:06 AM
  #954  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Anybody have any fixes, mods or suggestions for this:
pivot ball would pop out even if a feather hit it
sonic31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:08 AM
  #955  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sonic31 View Post
Anybody have any fixes, mods or suggestions for this:
pivot ball would pop out even if a feather hit it
Sounds like either the ball or the cup is damaged or worn. Mine were too tight initially.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:11 AM
  #956  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Sounds like either the ball or the cup is damaged or worn. Mine were too tight initially.
i just glued in a new piece and popped in a new ball, hopefully it works
sonic31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:12 AM
  #957  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Once that ball pops out its pretty much done. Will pop out easier each little tap you make. Just replace with new ball and socket and your good. Replaced mine with steel ball but the same issue if it gets popped out. Those cups just seem to get damaged when it happens.
shadowracer24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:47 PM
  #958  
jpx
Tech Adept
 
jpx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 216
Default

Originally Posted by sonic31 View Post
Anybody have any fixes, mods or suggestions for this:
pivot ball would pop out even if a feather hit it
To me it looks as if the O-ring is missing???
jpx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM
  #959  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,399
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpx View Post

To me it looks as if the O-ring is missing???
You don't need the o-ring if you glue the insert.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:36 PM
  #960  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpx View Post

To me it looks as if the O-ring is missing???
i should've been more specific with the info.
the pic is a new piece glued in place, but yea no o-ring needed
sonic31 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service