Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated F1 >

Team Associated F1

Like Tree331Likes

Team Associated F1

Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 PM
  #301  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 181
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Anyone else find that the kit setup ends up way off on ride height? I built mine as manual shows and my ride heights were around 6mm in the rear and 5.5 in the front. Anyone else close to those at kit settings?
Blues Hockey is offline  
Old 04-05-2017, 10:56 PM
  #302  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The 13 and 14 will work. The Montech 17 should also work. I believe the Montech is what XRAY use in their kits.
The Protoform F1-13 body will not work well with the Associated front wing. The F1-13 is a "high nose" body and there is no attachment for the Associated front wing to support the high nose body. Would need to change to the Protoform or Tamiya Ferrari F60 front wing to work with the 13 body. The Protoform '14 and '15 bodies are both low nose and will work with the Associated front wing.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 06:35 AM
  #303  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
Default

I ran a 13 on mine while I was waiting for a 15, mounted up just fine.
MReggio13 is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 AM
  #304  
Tech Initiate
 
MachineMan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 37
Default

Its nice to hear the kit comes with a template to cut out the front suspension! Do any other F1 kits do this?

Honestly, after building the CRC FC16, any kit with better instructions would be nice. That's how I would justify the higher price of this kit. Plus its from a mainstream company, it should be easier to get parts.
MachineMan12 is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:12 AM
  #305  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The Protoform F1-13 body will not work well with the Associated front wing. The F1-13 is a "high nose" body and there is no attachment for the Associated front wing to support the high nose body. Would need to change to the Protoform or Tamiya Ferrari F60 front wing to work with the 13 body. The Protoform '14 and '15 bodies are both low nose and will work with the Associated front wing.

Panda
You're right, it's not ideal with the front wing. You could leave enough lexan on the front end instead of trimming right at the cut line to compensate for the gap on the wing/body mismatch.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:27 AM
  #306  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,619
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MachineMan12
Its nice to hear the kit comes with a template to cut out the front suspension! Do any other F1 kits do this?

Honestly, after building the CRC FC16, any kit with better instructions would be nice. That's how I would justify the higher price of this kit. Plus its from a mainstream company, it should be easier to get parts.
I missed that?...where can you post a pic
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:35 AM
  #307  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (110)
 
Toypainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Flushing, Mi.
Posts: 582
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blues Hockey
Anyone else find that the kit setup ends up way off on ride height? I built mine as manual shows and my ride heights were around 6mm in the rear and 5.5 in the front. Anyone else close to those at kit settings?
I built mine per the instructions and with CRC rubber tires, ride height was almost 9mm! I ended up making a 2.5mm cf plate and using shims to get it down to 4mm.
Toypainter is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:46 AM
  #308  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I missed that?...where can you post a pic
It's on the sticker sheet. I missed it too, but haven't started the final cut on my PF15.
MachineMan12 likes this.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 09:47 AM
  #309  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,619
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

ok cool
liljohn1064 likes this.
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 10:43 AM
  #310  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 17,429
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MachineMan12
Its nice to hear the kit comes with a template to cut out the front suspension! Do any other F1 kits do this?

Honestly, after building the CRC FC16, any kit with better instructions would be nice. That's how I would justify the higher price of this kit. Plus its from a mainstream company, it should be easier to get parts.
This is only 3rd kit build for me. But I've taken apart and fixed more then a hundred. Build instructions are not what I would call good so far. Maybe it's just a few steps. But making slow progress.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 12:29 PM
  #311  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 186
Default

Originally Posted by MachineMan12
Its nice to hear the kit comes with a template to cut out the front suspension! Do any other F1 kits do this?

Honestly, after building the CRC FC16, any kit with better instructions would be nice. That's how I would justify the higher price of this kit. Plus its from a mainstream company, it should be easier to get parts.
I made a template from my Tamiya F60 out of some spare lexan. A template for the rear pod would be nice too but hey, can't have everything.
MachineMan12 likes this.
viking44 is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
  #312  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,019
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
It's on the sticker sheet. I missed it too, but haven't started the final cut on my PF15.
That's a nice touch.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 04-07-2017, 08:17 AM
  #313  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,595
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Default

I finally got mine completed last night. I will get to run it tomorrow and compare it to my previous chassis. Can't wait to see what it will do.
micrors4guy is offline  
Old 04-07-2017, 09:18 AM
  #314  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,019
Default

I'm really looking forward to racing against these at my local track - we need more exciting chassis diversity. F1 is a fantastic class.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:48 AM
  #315  
Tech Apprentice
 
jeppesen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 79
Default

Has any of you a picture of the battery taped in the car?
jeppesen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.