R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Recent find in parent's basement! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/940060-recent-find-parents-basement.html)

iKokomo 04-17-2016 04:55 PM

Recent find in parent's basement!

I found 2 RC cars (there are plastic shells of 1970s/80s Firebird and Camaro) in my parents basement while cleaning out and I was wondering what I need to get them up and running again. The only number ID mark on this is unit is BMC O62R. I am super new to this, and I would love to get them working.
Unfortunately all that I found were the cars. I had a few questions :)
First things first, what brand / model is this car? I would like to know more about these cars
Second, what batteries do I need to get this thing up and running again? They are probably 30/40 years old and need replacing.
Third, since there are 2 of theses without remotes, is it possible to get a "universal" controller so I can purchase one controller and test them both? If not how do I find a replacement? (does not have to be original)
Finally The tires are foam, but being so old, I may need some new tires, where can I get some replacements? Thanks (again, does not have to be original).

Thanks for your help!!

Sorry, no pics, they won't let me post them.

NomadRacer 04-17-2016 05:21 PM

Really like to help you but no pics makes it hard...

Length and width of the car?
Diameter and width of tires?

Since you can't post pics or links yet (due to post count) you could take your pics and try Google image search.

longuylander 04-17-2016 05:40 PM

I googled the ID mark and got two hits! ...Unfortunately, both were your posts.

fenton06 04-17-2016 09:29 PM

Put pics on Photobucket and paste the IMG tags. You don't have to upload them to the site that way.

1spunspur 04-17-2016 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by iKokomo (Post 14495880)
I found 2 RC cars (there are plastic shells of 1970s/80s Firebird and Camaro) in my parents basement while cleaning out and I was wondering what I need to get them up and running again. The only number ID mark on this is unit is BMC O62R. I am super new to this, and I would love to get them working.
Unfortunately all that I found were the cars. I had a few questions :)
First things first, what brand / model is this car? I would like to know more about these cars
Second, what batteries do I need to get this thing up and running again? They are probably 30/40 years old and need replacing.
Third, since there are 2 of theses without remotes, is it possible to get a "universal" controller so I can purchase one controller and test them both? If not how do I find a replacement? (does not have to be original)
Finally The tires are foam, but being so old, I may need some new tires, where can I get some replacements? Thanks (again, does not have to be original).

Thanks for your help!!

Sorry, no pics, they won't let me post them.

Okay, with very little to go on I'll just go on what you wrote.
First thing , 30 to 40 years ago, is pretty much prehistoric in R/C. They may have been running batt.s from a rechargeable drill, or 1.2 sub "c" ni cad.
As far as radio, you can use one transmitter with two matching receivers.
Now , for the bad news , if they are some kind of dept. store brand you well most likely not be able to find any parts for them but they might look really cool cleaned up and sitting on the shelf somewhere.:)