Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GP BATTERIES WORLD CUP 2005

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speed2004
No, Marc is the Best! He could win with anything, and from the result the new T2 had, i would say Marc could even go faster with that car
So when Marc wins itīs the driver and when Jilles wins itīs the car?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Holmenkollen]So when Marc wins itīs the driver and when Jilles wins itīs the car?

NICE
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
So when Marc wins itīs the driver and when Jilles wins itīs the car?
If you are asking Oscar, itīs because of the motor and the batteries
Old 12-20-2005, 08:33 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Marc like Jilles would more than likely do well with any brand of car they choose to run. Both cars are great. Marc has been pretty hot and a tear the last year or more. He seems to be in the zone if you will. These guys are all so damn fast and can really wheel a touring car thats for sure.

My thought is that the pros can drive almost any car and do well. The car has to be be pretty good as even great drivers can only make bad cars do so well, albeit better than most but if the car is truely a pyle it won't do well as the quality of drivers is so high and times are so close you will notice if a car just can't get it done. Companies are building and trying new stuff all the time looking for that extra 1/10th of a second needed to race this level.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 AM
TLRacing

Default GP World Cup

This was a great race. Well ran and had a time schedule...something more American races need. We had it in Vegas...maybe we can have it at more races. There were 108 entries at the race. The race started by running 3 qualifiers in IFMAR qualifying format. Then after the 3 qualifying rounds were done the top 32 went into the World Cup Class. The rest raced it out in standard IFMAR qualifying for another 2 rounds and then the top 8 raced triple A-Mains. During all of this the World Cup Race went into Reedy Race type format. This overall format is awesome. A lot of fun. Congrats to Marc on his win. He drove great as usual.

Also a special thanks to Laurent and the track crew for having such a fun race. The Fondue in the mountains was the bomb.

A BIG Thanks goes out to Jean March Betticher for organizing it all and hauling Billy and me around for 4 days...thank you!

Scotty....everyone loved his announcing!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Todd,

Great job buddy, I watched the whole thing almost live on their web site. Three Americans all in the final 32 was good to see.

Ted
Old 12-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good Job Todge and to all the Team Orion/Peak guys.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by SCIDA
Good Job Todge and to all the Team Orion/Peak guys.
Ted and Steve....thanks!

It was amazing how much power a 12 turn can have
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
was the bomb.
The early '90s called they want their phrase back!

Thanks for the report! Congratulations on the top 10 finish.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
The early '90s called they want their phrase back!

Thanks for the report! Congratulations on the top 10 finish.

Oh REALLY!

it was the shiznit!!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Great job over there Todd!!

See ya in a few weeks

EA
Old 12-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
This was a great race. Well ran and had a time schedule...something more American races need. We had it in Vegas...maybe we can have it at more races. There were 108 entries at the race. The race started by running 3 qualifiers in IFMAR qualifying format. Then after the 3 qualifying rounds were done the top 32 went into the World Cup Class. The rest raced it out in standard IFMAR qualifying for another 2 rounds and then the top 8 raced triple A-Mains. During all of this the World Cup Race went into Reedy Race type format. This overall format is awesome. A lot of fun. Congrats to Marc on his win. He drove great as usual.

Also a special thanks to Laurent and the track crew for having such a fun race. The Fondue in the mountains was the bomb.

A BIG Thanks goes out to Jean March Betticher for organizing it all and hauling Billy and me around for 4 days...thank you!

Scotty....everyone loved his announcing!!!
Nice job Todd!......Way to represent the USA...............Very respectable!
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

What a trip! The CRF facility is really something special. The tracks (asphalt and carpet) themselves are very good. Add in a full service cafe and a fully stocked hobby shop with micro tracks and a boat pond and you get what is in my opinion, the finest indoor facility in the world.

The race organization was perfect. A timetable was established for every aspect of the event and it remained on schedule throughout. The Euro racers were on it as I can think of only a couple of occasions where one required extra time (2.5 mins between races). In most cases drivers were ready to race and had to patiently wait for the clock to expire before a race could begin.

Trophies were great, scoring was live on the net, tech was extensive and promptly carried out by the tech crew with simple equipment. This race should be examined by all race organizers as a model for their own events.

The people of Switzerland are really very nice and accomodating. The owner of the hotel arranged breakfast for the Americans and race organizers on Saturday morning when there would not have been breakfast available. He even stopped by the track to check out the racing on Sunday. We were also invited to a traditional cheese fondue at what I would describe as a mountain chalet. It was snowing, the wine was great, and cheese awesome.

The race format worked very well. The idea to send the top 32 to the World Cup class is brilliant! I am sure this format could be worked into other large events although I am not quite sure how we in America would treat it. For some reason I think you would get racers sandbagging, preferring to finish well in the open class rather than racing the World Cup with no chance to win. Scotty was very intrigued by the format, so hopefully we will see it again soon!

My performance was terrible. Just when the car seemed like it was "there" it would go off again. I was always chasing the set-up. All cars were competitive. The Tamiya team runs a different (older) suspension on the MSX which unfortunately I did not have. But I was able to manage decent lap and overall times and not really sure if different parts would have helped.

The new X-Ray was quick with Hudy and Jilles driving. And the HB with Moore was always a threat. It is amaxing to think that all cars can be competitive when you look at off road. Even in its prime, 2wd off road electric never really had more than two competitive cars at any one time.

If you are looking for an international race to attend, this is one that you should look into. You will not be disappointed.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Looks and sounds like an awesome event!!! I'm sure Scotty will bring back some more great ideas from this race and add to his future events

So when driver X wins itīs the driver and when driver Y wins itīs the car?
This is always the case when you support the second place team...LOL I think all of us are guilty of that from time to time

Some of the details that may have been over looked....All the Tamiya cars had either old suspension, Hot Bodies suspension (marc)or prototype suspension (david).

Teemu was 2 laps from winning the entire event as he dotted out while leading Marc So I guess the Schuy was pretty good

Obviously the new Xray was really good

Hodimoto layed it down with a Losi!!!! Awesome job Hodge!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Was an excellent event, really enjoyed myself, some of the racing was amazing to watch. Roll on next year!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.