Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree488Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Active hobby stuff is good. However for the servo mount I would get the Tamiya one. It’s spot on, light and strong.
jgil089 likes this.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgil089
Has anyone tried the tamiya alumnium servo mount and active hobby aluminium and carbon fibre one? Which is better?

I am able to choose either or, both are new but someone has sold their car so selling hop ups separately. No issues with keeping the car all Tamiya for class rules or anything. I know nothing about Active Hobby and whether their stuff is any good so leaning towards the Tamiya one, but if anyone has any feedback then keen to hear it.
Just keep in mind if you replace stuff with non tamiya brand you will not be able to use it in any local TCS races.
jgil089 likes this.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

I've been searching the posts, I don't know if I missed it or else.

I want to use spurs ranging from 105t to 110t. What will be my pinions that can fit? 64 pitch.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by airbiscuit

I want to use spurs ranging from 105t to 110t. What will be my pinions that can fit? 64 pitch.
Hi, is there are any reasons for you to use such a large spur? 98T spur is already too big for the stock motor mount....
airbiscuit likes this.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zxcvb1t
Hi, is there are any reasons for you to use such a large spur? 98T spur is already too big for the stock motor mount....
I am trying to run with an fdr or 5 +/- (64p)

Just tried 70/28 (48p) & needs more trying out on different pinions.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Had my 2nd outdoor asphalt parking lot VTA race yesterday. I struggled with push and oversteer on first weekend (basically car was a handful) so took some advice here. Switched to 1 million fluid in front diff, 3,000 in rear, 30 wt. oil in shocks and soft red springs all around. Wow, car was glued, my driving stunk as I am new to this but I was no longer fighting the car at all. No traction issues at all, very predictable. Oh, I added front carbon chassis stiffeners for the bling factor.

Speed wise I was faster than some on straight, slower than others so about right, motor was coming off around 145 degrees after 6 minutes, its a newer Reedy at 40 degrees and I have a 55T spur and can't recall pinion at moment, 30 something.

I saw the potential of this car and look forward to further improvement.
MikeR, Qatmix and jgil089 like this.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

90/52 64 pitch for TCS Nats
airbiscuit likes this.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Teamrule
Had my 2nd outdoor asphalt parking lot VTA race yesterday. I struggled with push and oversteer on first weekend (basically car was a handful) so took some advice here. Switched to 1 million fluid in front diff, 3,000 in rear, 30 wt. oil in shocks and soft red springs all around. Wow, car was glued, my driving stunk as I am new to this but I was no longer fighting the car at all. No traction issues at all, very predictable. Oh, I added front carbon chassis stiffeners for the bling factor.

Speed wise I was faster than some on straight, slower than others so about right, motor was coming off around 145 degrees after 6 minutes, its a newer Reedy at 40 degrees and I have a 55T spur and can't recall pinion at moment, 30 something.

What was your setup before all of these changes? Front spool/diff with lower oil thickness?
Your oil thickness in the rear? Shocks oil used? Spring used?
Old 06-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

What was your setup before all of these changes? Front spool/diff with lower oil thickness?
Your oil thickness in the rear? Shocks oil used? Spring used?
Originally I had 20K in front and 10K in rear as starting point. Shock oil was 50wt all around with white kit springs. Just something I read here in one post no real reason, the current set up really is night and day. Of course every track and surface and driver are different. This is medium'ish asphalt parking lot that the track sprays something on the racing line.

I was using sticky situation traction compound on tires.

Oh, for the record, I was 13 out of 18 after 3 qualifiers but had to leave before the Main, hardly great but times with the next 4 guys ahead of me were neck and neck and could have gone to any of us based on crashes and such. So I was mid pack on 2nd try try ever against guys that do it lot more than me. So hardly great but I was happy with my improvement and the fact the car was working well.

I only race once a month and usually offroad.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally I had 20K in front and 10K in rear as starting point. Shock oil was 50wt all around with white kit springs. Just something I read here in one post no real reason, the current set up really is night and day. Of course every track and surface and driver are different. This is medium'ish asphalt parking lot that the track sprays something on the racing line.

I was using sticky situation traction compound on tires.
20k &10k. Yeah that is too low up front & too high at the back.

My kit came with the front spool & I've been running 3.5k at the rear diff. Now I am still with the front spool but 2k rear. Loving how it handles.
Shocks oil? I can't recall what I used before but my kit came with the big bore shocks. Out of the box my kit also came with the CF shock towers but too high for my liking. Recently purchased the short CF shock towers so I can use the super short big bore.

Hence yesterday was my 1st outing with my TA07 with the short shock tower & the super short big bore shocks. Damn this thing handles more better than my TRF419xr right now. I guess due to the flex the TA07 is giving me compared to my TRF419xr.

And yes, my shocks all four are on 350 oil with SMJ progressive short springs, soft front & medium rear. The shocks are actually from my TRF419xr. Just wanting to have a feel with the shocks before I buy another set for my TA07. By the looks of it, I am going to.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:34 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like a great day. I'm in the same boat, an offroad guy trying out this onroad thing to get some more racing in.

What brand shock oil are you using? I have losi which use WT as well but try to convert to CST as from what i can gather that is an actual measure but WT is what the manufacturer says, so hard to compare between brands.

Also, if anyone could give advice, my diffs have 1m upfront and 7k in the rear. What difference would it make if I drop the rear? I need to buy more for my buggies so was going to get 3k and 5k for them, should I lower the oil in the rear diff in the TA07, and if so, to what? I run on med grip asphalt
Old 06-26-2018, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

running lower oil in the rear helps to plant rear more but car will not rotate as well. I started with 1000 at my track, car had push went to 4000 car had over-steer and was loose went to 3000 car was a little bit better now have 2000 and car corners well rotates good. btw this was with a diff in ft running 500000....if i run a spool i will go up slowly again...most racers with spools run btwn 3000 to 5000 at my track. each track is different. see what your fast guys run and tune to your driving style
team green and airbiscuit like this.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here are some good baseline setups to start with.

Tamiya TA07 Pro Setup Sheets & Manual

Marks winning setup is here.

try 35F and 40 Rear for shocks w/ red springs in the ssbb
5k rear w/ spool up front.
airbiscuit likes this.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Spur gear

what 48 pitch spur gear are you guys using? To run 21.5 and 17.5, I know the kit comes with 64tooth 0.6 spur gear. Switching to 48pitch
Old 06-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony q
what 48 pitch spur gear are you guys using? To run 21.5 and 17.5, I know the kit comes with 64tooth 0.6 spur gear. Switching to 48pitch
What FDR are you having in mind?

I am on 5 & wanting to go lower. Started with 70/28 & currently on 70/32.

This is on 48p.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.