Like Tree357Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Old 05-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Exotek bulkheads installed. Car is 6 grams lighter with these bulkheads as opposed to the Eagle Racing bulkheads. Also blue looks so much better.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rear traction

Hi!

I have problems with my rear end and need som input on what is wrong?

The rear end feels very loose when entering corner, and it is quite nervous in middle corner. Ive tried with both rubber and foams on my local asphalt track. Griplevels is between low and medium due to the season. With foams (capricorn 26mm 32shore) it usualy produce alot of grip, but it still feels loose.

My car:
TA07R
Kit springs (progressive)
2 Degree camber all around.
CFR Chassie, bulkheads and stiffeners
Carbonplate mid sektion (mid-rear stiffener)
350CST shockoils front/rear
5000cst reardiff.
About 5.4mm front and 5.6mm rear rideheight with 1mm droop height.
Stock shockpositions, arms, hubs and armmounts.
1282grams with battery, without body.

Im running 4.5t MOD with 7.22 FDR, i also had the problem when i ran 8.5t. I know that there is a lot of power with 4.5t, but since it mostly feels loose on off-power it shouldent be becouse of the motorpower.

It feels like the car is without twist. It feels very planted for the most of the time. The chassi is extremely hard, the other drivers have xrays and their chassis feels very flexy, it think that might bee a big problem with my car, do you think i should change to the original chassie? I usualy have grip problems with going in the corners, but otherwise i keep up with my clubs other drivers with xrays. I usualy hit the breaks just before the corner to use the weightshift.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What is your front diff setup? If you're running a spool up front, try going to a diff with heavier oil, maybe 20-30k to start. That should get you headed in the right direction.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default Suspension Mounts

Originally Posted by GBGTias View Post
Hi!

The rear end feels very loose when entering corner, and it is quite nervous in middle corner. Ive tried with both rubber and foams on my local asphalt track. Griplevels is between low and medium due to the season. With foams (capricorn 26mm 32shore) it usualy produce alot of grip, but it still feels loose.

My car:
TA07R
5000cst reardiff.

Im running 4.5t MOD with 7.22 FDR, i also had the problem when i ran 8.5t. I know that there is a lot of power with 4.5t, but since it mostly feels loose on off-power it shouldent be becouse of the motorpower.

It feels like the car is without twist. It feels very planted for the most of the time. The chassi is extremely hard, the other drivers have xrays and their chassis feels very flexy, it think that might bee a big problem with my car, do you think i should change to the original chassie? I usualy have grip problems with going in the corners, but otherwise i keep up with my clubs other drivers with xrays. I usualy hit the breaks just before the corner to use the weightshift.
What suspension mounts are u running Fr & Rr ?
Old 05-20-2019, 07:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmcguire View Post
What is your front diff setup? If you're running a spool up front, try going to a diff with heavier oil, maybe 20-30k to start. That should get you headed in the right direction.
way too low if running a diff in the front ,for asphalt spool is the way to go
Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!
i use a spool in front and kit suspensionmounts.

I think its
FF = 1B
FR = 1B
RF = 1A
RR = 1D
Old 05-20-2019, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Hi!
i use a spool in front and kit suspensionmounts.

I think its
FF = 1B
FR = 1B
RF = 1A
RR = 1D
try this suspension setup if you can it works for me running exotek conversion , short shocks, spool in front on asphalt and carpet
FF = 05F
FR = 05F
RF = 1XA
RR = 1E
Old 05-22-2019, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
try this suspension setup if you can it works for me running exotek conversion , short shocks, spool in front on asphalt and carpet
FF = 05F
FR = 05F
RF = 1XA
RR = 1E
Make sure if you want to use the 05F-05F blocks in the front, that you use the 419x front arms as the hole for the shock in the 419x is too much inside, its made for the G-G blocks.
G-G , F-F, E-E with 419x suspension arms
D-D , C-C,... 419 front suspension arms
Old 05-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi!

My car:
TA07R
5000cst reardiff.

Firstly, your chassis is too stiff. Soft chassis is for low traction and stiff chassis is for high traction. You have made your chassis as stiff as possible!
Secondly, you want to change the front/rear balance so make the rear softer (springs and sway-bar) and with lower roll-center. The opposite for the front.
Thirdly, you want more weight transfer to the outside tires to increase grip on a low traction track. To do this you can narrow the track width, lower the roll-center and raise the center of gravity. The opposite of what you do to fight traction roll.
Also try a little less toe out-on the front to smooth the turn-in and a little more toe-in on the rear to add stability. If you end up with mid-corner understeer you've gone too far.

Good luck!
nubs and jgil089 like this.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is the TA07 pro a competitive car on black carpet, compare to say x-ray, etc?
Old 06-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I'm not driving it, and it's got a carbon chassis. I can confidently say yes.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by )EIB( View Post
Is the TA07 pro a competitive car on black carpet, compare to say x-ray, etc?
we've got a guy at our club that turns laps as well as anyone else with his TA07. it's not kit and he's put a lot into it to get it where it is, but it's fast.

in my experience, the XRay, Associated, ARC, etc are going to be faster out of the box and easier to make faster still. seems like you pay up front with the other brands and later on with tamiya hop ups.
team green likes this.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
we've got a guy at our club that turns laps as well as anyone else with his TA07. it's not kit and he's put a lot into it to get it where it is, but it's fast.

in my experience, the XRay, Associated, ARC, etc are going to be faster out of the box and easier to make faster still. seems like you pay up front with the other brands and later on with tamiya hop ups.
What are some of the must have hop ups needed for this car to make it competitive with other brands? Is there a carbon chassis option for this car? I thought you would topically want a stiff chassis for black carpet. Is aluminum chassis option available?
Old 06-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by )EIB( View Post
What are some of the must have hop ups needed for this car to make it competitive with other brands? Is there a carbon chassis option for this car? I thought you would topically want a stiff chassis for black carpet. Is aluminum chassis option available?
You can get the Ta07 ms or you can get a Exotek conversion. PSM also has a conversion. Itís so happens I have one for sale.

PSM chassis conversion for Tamiya ta07 pro with aluminum bulk heads
Old 06-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can vouch for the PSM chassis. The last race at windy city, one of the mod guys was running a Exotek chasiss, and was fast.

There's carbon plastic arms available, and knuckles, you want those for black carpet. Thankfully, the arms are a whole lot cheaper than x-ray.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service