Like Tree273Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Reply

Old 11-03-2018, 08:59 AM
  #2041  
Tech Master
iTrader: (79)
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default unicorns

Originally Posted by Tom1977 View Post
Don't now. MS-chassis were quickly sold out in the past. TA06MS was a unicorn. Never saw one in real live. And the price was high too. We will see, how the TA07MS will sell.

BTW: 539.99 EUR is 10 EUR cheaper, than 419XR full kit, which finally will hit Europe/Germany in December too.

And if you do your math, TA07MS is not as expensive, as it seems. What's the price of a TA07R-kit plus a conversion kit of your choice? And then you have still plastic bulkheads and the old style stabilizer holders, no SSBB shocks and not the lower CG of the new bulkheads and motor mount...that was the reason, I decided to go with the MS. I think, I will sell my 07R then.

I had one of those unicorns it was no better ......
Johnn27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:23 PM
  #2042  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
I had one of those unicorns it was no better ......
Yeah because standard TA06Pro/R was way too overengineered and it was not very fast. But you can't compare TA06MS with 07MS. I think this chassis will be another league.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:19 AM
  #2043  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Default

TA07-MS looks like a 419xr single belt conversion. What will be the diferences between both cars.. in terms of handling..? Is a single belt car better for mod or stock?.. better for low grip?...
thanks
JatoTheRipper and JoshuaRC10 like this.
elbicho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:35 AM
  #2044  
Tech Regular
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by elbicho View Post
TA07-MS looks like a 419xr single belt conversion. What will be the diferences between both cars.. in terms of handling..? Is a single belt car better for mod or stock?.. better for low grip?...
thanks
Out of the box it's for low to med grip. You can add or remove stiffeners between the VTD to finetune. There is no aluminium chassis yet for this chassis, therefore I think it's not intended for carpet but you can try. Efficiency wise a single belt car should be perfect for stock. That does not mean, that you can't use it for mod. The ratio table in the manual clearly states FDR's for mod.
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:47 AM
  #2045  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just got the Exotek kit in the mail this weekend. I will probably put it together tonight. Can't wait.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:50 AM
  #2046  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,125
Default

I think you're overthinking it. However, there are some "low power" options that are good for the TA07. There's a bigger drive pulley, and you can leave out some of the guide wheels for less friction.
Nerobro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:31 AM
  #2047  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 1,217
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Have any of you experimented with the suspension blocks making the front wide or narrower I have the 05 f on my car now in the front and I'm finding I need more turn in on asphalt and I'm thinking to myself maybe it is too wide I have not tried any other except for the stock 1 a 1 x a and was wondering what Block's you guys are running and what the effects on the handling were thanks
fat500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:07 AM
  #2048  
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: La Mirada, CA
Posts: 1,079
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
Have any of you experimented with the suspension blocks making the front wide or narrower I have the 05 f on my car now in the front and I'm finding I need more turn in on asphalt and I'm thinking to myself maybe it is too wide I have not tried any other except for the stock 1 a 1 x a and was wondering what Block's you guys are running and what the effects on the handling were thanks
I've been testing this A LOT lately on my 419X. I have found the narrower blocks make the car more responsive, but "scrub" speed in the corners. I think there is a reason Tamiya only released the E-G blocks in 05 configuration and that's to keep the car wider and carry more corner speed. You're better off finding steering by altering the rear of the car. Narrow it to get more rotation. What blocks are you using in the rear? I would try XA-D. You can also play with the rear diff to get more off or on power steering. So many variables to play with, but I've been staying with the E-G blocks up front more and more lately.
- Jose
ittjv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 AM
  #2049  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What I have started to run is an 05E in the front rear and an 05F in the front forward position. This gives me .5 degrees of toe out, .5 degrees of sweep. Now if I find that I cannot carry as much speed in the corner as I want, I add in the .5mm spacers to the wheels. For asphalt I would definitely shy away from using the 05G blocks unless you have a ton of front grip.
Johnn27 likes this.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:58 PM
  #2050  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 114
Default

Originally Posted by nubs View Post
What I have started to run is an 05E in the front rear and an 05F in the front forward position. This gives me .5 degrees of toe out, .5 degrees of sweep. Now if I find that I cannot carry as much speed in the corner as I want, I add in the .5mm spacers to the wheels. For asphalt I would definitely shy away from using the 05G blocks unless you have a ton of front grip.
Want to ask, so what will be the effect of using the 05G blocks? Is this the G front forward only or front rear only or both front forward & front rear using the Gs?
airbiscuit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:00 PM
  #2051  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
nubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
Want to ask, so what will be the effect of using the 05G blocks? Is this the G front forward only or front rear only or both front forward & front rear using the Gs?
It will increase your toe out/sweep to 1 degree. Sweep causes binding in your suspension which basically provides resistance to rolling. This assumes you are using 05g in the front forward position and the 05e block in the front rear position.
nubs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:10 AM
  #2052  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 1,217
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

[email protected] how do you like the exo chassis?
Anyone else running one?

@team green why you getting rid of the carbon chassis? find a better option?
fat500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:47 AM
  #2053  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
team green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
[email protected] how do you like the exo chassis?
Anyone else running one?

@team green why you getting rid of the carbon chassis? find a better option?
I got the Exotek conversion with RC Lab HK lateral top deck.
Johnn27 likes this.
team green is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:48 AM
  #2054  
Tech Master
iTrader: (79)
 
Johnn27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Exo/HK

Originally Posted by team green View Post


I got the Exotek conversion with RC Lab HK lateral top deck.
How u like it Green!
Johnn27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 AM
  #2055  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
team green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: nor-cal
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
How u like it Green!
I like it a lot. The motor mount lowers the motor 3mm. With the top deck Iím using Iím able to tune the flex. I run this in USGT. My lap times are the same with my Xray on Asphalt and gray carpet.
NutDriver, evox88 and airbiscuit like this.
team green is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service