Like Tree272Likes

Tamiya TA07 pro

Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
Hiya folks,

I have my car setup in the front motor position and I realized that I do not have a lot of mid corner to out of corner steering. The car is just as fast as other ta07 on the straights.

As I'm using a short pack (I only have shorties cos I use them in buggies), I use the front motor position to provide better balancing of the car.
The car is pretty stock, except I use 1b hanger in the rear rear position, diff as 3k, shock oil is stick 500cps and springs are what came in the ta07r kit.

How do I get more mid to out corner steering?

Thank you!
you could try standing the rear shocks up a little more and maybe losing some front droop
Old 07-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NumptyRacing View Post
you could try standing the rear shocks up a little more and maybe losing some front droop
I'd raise the rear roll center. Reduce the shims on your inner camber links in the back or increase the shims on your outer camber links in the back.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

I don't know if I missed it here, anyone used the carbon reinforced lower deck?

How is it compared to the stock lower deck?
Old 07-11-2018, 02:28 AM
Tech Initiate

the carbon reinforced is way better they the original one.Much stiffer(not too much), the handling off the car is much better with that one. also use the carbon reinfored braces at the front and end,and bulkheads.
I would definetly recommend it.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:54 AM
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freaky321 View Post
the carbon reinforced is way better they the original one.Much stiffer(not too much), the handling off the car is much better with that one. also use the carbon reinfored braces at the front and end,and bulkheads.
I would definetly recommend it.
What sort of tracks do you race on?

Phil.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

So, I can chime in on this, I think.

This is with 21.5 reedy motors. Hobbywing juststock ESCs. 5.3amp hour Nano Tech batteries. And USGT tires.

A few months back, my buddy and I bought TA07's. I bought a Pro, he bought an R. I built mine up stock, excepting metal motor mounts, carbon shock towers, aluminum servo mount, swaybars, and front spool. My friends R was built up using all hard parts, braces, and carbon.

The two cars feel similar, but the difference is distinct. My soft chassis, requires a bit more care to keep smooth. The back end is more lively, and I have ended up running the car with the rear swaybar disconnected. The R seemed sharper. It was easier to drive. Both cars would slide, but the R was more calm when sliding.

Running the two cars, back to back, really emphasized how chassis stiffness affects the car on the limit. The soft chassis broke loose much more sharply. The stiff chassis just.. didn't.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
So, I can chime in on this, I think.

This is with 21.5 reedy motors. Hobbywing juststock ESCs. 5.3amp hour Nano Tech batteries. And USGT tires.

A few months back, my buddy and I bought TA07's. I bought a Pro, he bought an R. I built mine up stock, excepting metal motor mounts, carbon shock towers, aluminum servo mount, swaybars, and front spool. My friends R was built up using all hard parts, braces, and carbon.

The two cars feel similar, but the difference is distinct. My soft chassis, requires a bit more care to keep smooth. The back end is more lively, and I have ended up running the car with the rear swaybar disconnected. The R seemed sharper. It was easier to drive. Both cars would slide, but the R was more calm when sliding.

Running the two cars, back to back, really emphasized how chassis stiffness affects the car on the limit. The soft chassis broke loose much more sharply. The stiff chassis just.. didn't.
Thanks for the review!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

It's not done yet. :-) it's gonna be a couple months before I have the car totally sorted out. So far, I like it, a lot. But it's also my first belt car. I have two or three more belt cars in the mail, to get some real comparisons going.

.... and some data collection.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Motor installation

Hi everybody!
A few days ago, TA07R 's owner! My last TC was an TRF415MSXX....
Now I'm mounting it and installing the motor (ORION 13.5T Ultimate Stock) and I noticed that it touches the frame at the bottom (lower deck) where there is the raised thickness and at the top.
Is it normal??

Another question: is it necessary to mount the motor plate?

Thanks in advance for the support
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kappe View Post
Hi everybody!
Now I'm mounting it and installing the motor (ORION 13.5T Ultimate Stock) and I noticed that it touches the frame at the bottom (lower deck) where there is the raised thickness and at the top.
Is it normal??

My motor touches the upper frame. And I had to use the motor plate in order to prevent the rotor from touching the belt.
Johnn27 likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kappe View Post
Hi everybody!
Is it normal??

Check the plastic mounts as they could be put on wrong. If possible post pics
Old 07-16-2018, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
I don't know if I missed it here, anyone used the carbon reinforced lower deck?

How is it compared to the stock lower deck?
Im not getting on with the reinforced chassis, it seems to overwork the tyres on a hot track 56*c/134*f and loose a lot of grip even with trying all the different stiffeners so will be trying the kit chassis again.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NumptyRacing View Post
Im not getting on with the reinforced chassis, it seems to overwork the tyres on a hot track 56*c/134*f and loose a lot of grip even with trying all the different stiffeners so will be trying the kit chassis again.
But do Tamiya sells the stock chassis? I only see the reinforce ones.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, after turnning some laps at tqrc with the chassis i'd say it is superb. Easy to drive and much easier to understand than my ta06. However, I'd like to know how you guys mount battery on ta07? Unscrewing two holders every time is kind of annoying. Also how you guys adjust the toe angle in front as the stiffner is getting in the way? Just steer the wheel to one side? Plus is it necessary to get the center stiffner (tam54755)? Currently my 07 has the carbon reinforced lower deck installed, the bulkhead and hard stiffner are on their way.

Sorry for the bird nest wiring though.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
But do Tamiya sells the stock chassis? I only see the reinforce ones.
Ive seen them on Ebay, so you can get them if you need a spare
airbiscuit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service