Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree413Likes

Schumacher Mi6/Mi6 EVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All of these mods sound like my tc4 mods.....lol... Congratulations.....
Originally Posted by dvsstrike
saving weight was a challenge but is easily done. I replaced all screws with titanium and aluminum screws. titanium on high stress areas and aluminum everywhere else. replaced all hinge pins and shock shafts with titanium. as for turnbuckles I use the core rc ones as they are the lightest found.on the motor itself use all alum screw that hold it together. I use a plastic case hobbywing 3.1, i use the smallest antenna less futaba reciever as well as little wires as possible. all leads are super short. I only use a lcg 6000mah pack as well. Light weight body with thin paint on it. I have also been running the carbon arms. Also weigh the wheel tire combo and get the lightest ones and put on vehicle. you will have to go through several sets. thats pretty much what I do.
I have a alum chassis that Im re doing to lighten it up as it is pretty beefy. will be posting a pick when I complete it.
as for starting set up the 4 dot rear sway makes the car rotate easy and keeps the back the back planted
timmy
Old 10-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Guys you shouldnt stress over weight.. Ive had really great success with this car and I can almost guarantee you wont notice the difference between the car at 1350 vs 1380

Believe it or not sometimes a heavier car can be better
Old 10-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Yokomo_Ant3, I don't know who you race with or where but weight makes a difference! At my local track the fast guys sit for hours changing things to get their cars down to the correct weight and then balanced out. Schumacher needs to put the Mi6 on a diet. I'm a die hard fan but giving up 30g after you've put alloy and titanium everything on the car just will not cut it.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Yokomo_Ant3, I don't know who you race with or where but weight makes a difference! At my local track the fast guys sit for hours changing things to get their cars down to the correct weight and then balanced out. Schumacher needs to put the Mi6 on a diet. I'm a die hard fan but giving up 30g after you've put alloy and titanium everything on the car just will not cut it.
Yokomo_ant3 does pretty well, recently won the Australian round of AOC in both 13.5t and mod tourer.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The higher the power(13.5t up to mod), the less the weight difference will be noticeable, but in stock(17.5t to 25.5t) it's another story: 0.1sec faster per lap(20g static/8g rotational) in stock is huge...
That's why I am so excited to see what my car will do on the track now after losing 100g static and about 30g rotational..I was almost two seconds per lap slower than the field my last time out...

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 10-15-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You sure those 2 seconds weren't from a lack of driving skill and hitting all those boards??
Old 10-16-2016, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The higher the power(13.5t up to mod), the less the weight difference will be noticeable, but in stock(17.5t to 25.5t) it's another story: 0.1sec faster per lap(20g static/8g rotational) in stock is huge...
That's why I am so excited to see what my car will do on the track now after losing 100g static and about 30g rotational..I was almost two seconds per lap slower than the field my last time out...
you must be on some heavy drugs to think 30grams of less rotational mass will gain you the 2seconds you lost to the field.

just quit with the rotational mass, and just drive the thing! the practice will gain you the 2 seconds your lacking
Old 10-16-2016, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks DVS Timmy for the detailed weight tips. Petiterc should post it. with the smooth sway bar bearings, I agree the rear 4 dot is da mi6 "speed secret!"

Teach races in MD..weight matters in MD...the group of racers in Md have multiple national championships from the 80s to current..old timers to young bucks. Teach loves getting lapped by them.

Again shuie great job on this tc...who in schuie got u guys to make this car? Give thm a raise.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

bertrandsv87, you hit the nail on the head! For guys running mod and possibly 13.5 weight is not that important....you have a bigger motor to push the car. For a 17.5 or spec racer weight is super important.

poochy, when you coming up to MRH? Lets see how many laps you can put on me....
Old 10-16-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anybody know the difference in weight from the c/f chassis to the aluminum chassis? That, I think, is the big difference. I neglected to weigh the chassis before I put the car together, but I think the weight savings with the c/f chassis is substantial. I also think the big ticket is Aluminum chassis+Shorty Pack = weight savings. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get the same punch throughout the full 6 min. What are the absolute best of the best Shorty packs?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Does anybody know the difference in weight from the c/f chassis to the aluminum chassis? That, I think, is the big difference. I neglected to weigh the chassis before I put the car together, but I think the weight savings with the c/f chassis is substantial. I also think the big ticket is Aluminum chassis+Shorty Pack = weight savings. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get the same punch throughout the full 6 min. What are the absolute best of the best Shorty packs?
I cant remember exactly, but roughly 35-40g from memory.

If anyone needs my setups to help find the 2 seconds a lap they are missing... Try Petit Rc
Old 10-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
I cant remember exactly, but roughly 35-40g from memory.

If anyone needs my setups to help find the 2 seconds a lap they are missing... Try Petit Rc
We can't get it from petite rc right now, Antoni. They got hacked are offline and no timeline when they will be back fully restored. Can you post it here?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll add my $.02 (Canadian)...

I don't disagree that losing weight will help with laptimes but the caveat is that you need to be able to race an entire qualy or main hitting EVERY line perfectly and NEVER hitting the boards or anybody else before you will see/feel that improvement in time. One or two badly missed lines or one incident being pinned to the board will lose you the seconds you gained by spending untold dollars and time trying to lose the weight.

For a very small percentage of drivers, weight savings makes sense. For the rest of us (me included ), spending time perfecting our driving will net a better result!

Thanks Teach for the fantastic Mi5 Evo...I drove it for the first time and loved it even at 1480 grams!

Cheers!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

My theory. I have raced the mi5 the mi5evo and the mi6, all are heavy. It didn't seem to affect lap times if the car was driven right. I had my Evo down to 1420 with the aluminum chassis. Ivan (bonecrusher on here) drove some laps with and was hitting the same numbers as the other fast guys. The ability to wheel and setup a car can make up 20-30 grams.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
Thanks DVS Timmy for the detailed weight tips. Petiterc should post it. with the smooth sway bar bearings, I agree the rear 4 dot is da mi6 "speed secret!"

Teach races in MD..weight matters in MD...the group of racers in Md have multiple national championships from the 80s to current..old timers to young bucks. Teach loves getting lapped by them.

Again shuie great job on this tc...who in schuie got u guys to make this car? Give thm a raise.
Petit did post pics of my car when i ran at Speedworld. Only schumie there. My car is pretty good for 17.5 and is always good.
As for more punch in car a lot depends on motor and battery condition. Another thing to look at is belt tension which often time is over looked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.