Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Mi6/Mi6 EVO >

Schumacher Mi6/Mi6 EVO

Like Tree352Likes

Schumacher Mi6/Mi6 EVO

Old 08-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aja Archibald View Post
PM your address, I can send you a pair to keep you moving. I have more than enough from having pre build diff. I will check with them as well about this matter.
For the time being send me that information.
Thanks for the offer but I don't wanna grab stuff that you could need later. I've emailed Schumacher about that also a little bit more than 1 month ago and they were supposed to receive that part at the end of july. Still not in stock.
Hopefully this problem will be resolved in the futur because I really like the car.
If they could also remake the adjustable battery holder that they discontinued, that would be great!!!
Thanks again for the offer Aja Archibald.
duckman996 likes this.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Can see they're in stock with Wheelspin models. I buy all my Schumacher gear from there. Effortless transactions from them.
I have just placed an order at that place. I did not know it, thanks for the hint.
It will be a little more expensive because of the shipping but at least I should get the outdrives.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I have finally been able to try the new short shocks on my car and I really like it. At first, I was struggling to control the car but when I found the good combination of springs, it went really good. I have been able to beat my fastest lap by 0.1 second. I am more consistently in the high 7 than before. I thought that all of what we hear about the short shocks was just marketing but it really helped me with the traction rolling that I had before. I have high hope for a better result next time I go for a practice as this time, I had a leaky diff, tires with rings of death and a cracked body that is not high downforce even if I run mod on a small track. A little wrenching and it should be fun
RBraswell likes this.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When I snag a second mi6 I'll set it up with the low pro shocks. Are you using schumacher springs or another brand?
Old 09-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBraswell View Post
When I snag a second mi6 I'll set it up with the low pro shocks. Are you using schumacher springs or another brand?
SMJ and Xrays are a good choice
Old 09-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RBraswell View Post
Il used SMJ springs. 2.8 blue rear and 3.0 silver front. I am waiting for xray springs that are on ordre from my LHS to try.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been running the new shocks for 3 weeks now. I am running X-ray progression front and 2.6 in the rear. Car is by far much better on carpet.
I picked up almost .3 per lap. I will continue this week to play with shock oil. I have been running associated 45 both front and rear. Going to a softer oil this week.
If it gets better I will lets you guys know.
Marcos.J and Juniorabca like this.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

What class? And what fluid in diff
Old 09-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Richard

We are expecting more stock of the U4730 Steel Diff Outputs (pr) - Mi5 + evo approx. 17th September. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Caz James (Miss)
Sales Administrator
Schumacher Racing
239RC likes this.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Can see they're in stock with Wheelspin models. I buy all my Schumacher gear from there. Effortless transactions from them.
How do you like the Serpent 4x? The Evo could be good. What is your take on asphalt racing which model seems to do the best outdoors?

Old 09-07-2018, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
How do you like the Serpent 4x? The Evo could be good. What is your take on asphalt racing which model seems to do the best outdoors?
I don't have the Evo - never really got on that well with the 4X. It's an interesting car but gave up with the leaky shocks and it's soft aluminium parts.

I can't really compare asphalt outdoor vs anything else because I haven't been to any indoor or carpet tracks in Hong Kong.
I really like the Schumacher Mi6Evo. But also very fond of the Gizmo Beta and Awesomatix A800 cars.
Learning and build knowledge curve for the Gizmos and AMX cars is way up there. It's super critical that for both of those cars the build is done properly i.e. no sticky joints, everything is smooth etc ...
The Mi6 is more conventional, easy to work on and in my opinion has better kit quality and ease to drive out of the box than the BD8s or T4s.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
Many at my local asphalt track in Taipei have 4x but they either use it in stock blinky or rest it on their shelf. Although it is a lighter and faster car, parts is rare and car isn't durable enough for less skilled driver. On the other hand Mi6 is more of a conventional car make it easier to tune and most importantly much better aluminum strength that is equal or not better than a T4 in lower prices. The only concern is that Mi6evo has been out for a while .Just not sure when will a new mi series be coming out.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What is the best starting setup for black carpet running sorex 28's for the average joe?
Old 09-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
What is the best starting setup for black carpet running sorex 28's for the average joe?
petitrc.com
Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Would anyone have a recommendation on an upgraded battery strap for the mi6? I am really not wanting to use tape anymore. I have seen some of the Pro's run a conventional type of custom battery fastener. Perhaps someone can share with me this secret?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service