R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #61
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would like to see an "ICE 2" same great features and price point as the current ICE but with 30 AMP discharging
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #62
Tech Regular

Been eyeing the new X-Ray T2.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd like to see ROAR open up the brushed motor rules and let the Brushed guys use rare earth mags, and more poles on the arm etc. A 5-pole rare earth mag, 7 single for the TC guys, that'd be sweet.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #64
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescam
I would like to see an "ICE 2" same great features and price point as the current ICE but with 30 AMP discharging
I just bought a used T35 - they are sure to do a new "ICE 2" now.
jasons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:32 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I'd like to see ROAR open up the brushed motor rules and let the Brushed guys use rare earth mags, and more poles on the arm etc. A 5-pole rare earth mag, 7 single for the TC guys, that'd be sweet.
Best answer I've read yet!
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:07 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The LRP Sphere Competition with a 4 Star Reedy Neo Motor

or

The Novak GTB with a Velociti 4.5

Orion's LiPo packs
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Default New TAMIYA F103

2wd Sedan comming at you again. This time maybe with a real front suspension
www.ccugolf.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Looking foward to racing on our new track sometime in 06,and a smaller Tekin ESC.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
New batteries will be great.....but I also am told, the long awaited br00d prototype modified motor will be making its debut in 2006......

Later EddieO

Brushless / Brushed? What about a Stock Motor?
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:24 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Since Li-Poly batteries can be made in to other shapes other than the typical round cyclinder the way sub-Cs are, I'd like to see a battery pack made in to the shape of the bottom of a chassis so center of gravity, etc. will all be different and chassis design will go in to a new revolution.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:44 AM   #71
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Jon Kerr]Best answer I've read yet! [/QUOTE

ummmmmmmmmmmm, no comment you should already know that these type of motors will NOT help the average racer, way more money to build what you want to see...think cheaper people..
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #72
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Brushed........stock motor, we'll see.

Bobby J, while there is a slight increase in cost....its not that bad....the arm is maybe 15% more from sagami.....the winding is a little more difficult of course, but its not too bad...

However, the motor runs cooler, longer, with way less maintenance....the brushes take a beating and keep running......with a v2 or checkpoint endbell....the motors that are getting 20+ runs could go double that with the 5 or 7 segment arms and neo mags.....let us use bigger arms and the power will be even greater.

The money saved in the long run on rebuilds will easily make up for the addtional intial cost......the same arguement used with brushless all the time....

Problem is.....ROAR promised a rules update (Rick Wilson, I have the email some where).....but they did not. And really, without IFMAR behind it....nobody is gonna do it until that happens......its why I stopped even working on it....

Later EddieO
Old 12-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

maybe 2007?

i dont exacly like to argue for more new motors. i am already giving up quite a few monsters, epic binaries and c2s for the new motors coming out. i sure as hell dont wanna have to do that again. and this time it will only be after a year, where as the stockers i am giving up now have been out for 4 years.

but hey i can agrue for progression of the sport! as long as my wallet doesnt have to suffer as much as it already is.

the product i am looking forward to that i think is on the way, but i have herd no real news of is the team orion GP3700 SP2 cells. lets see if GP can give IB a run for their money again. but pplease god, not increase the battery war...
Old 12-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #74
Tech Adept

how much more money do you think it would be? the magnets got to be up there too...are there any other motors in 540 size that use the 5 or 7 pole arm..?mabuchi style motor maybe fixed endbell ..for a start..
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Problem is.....ROAR promised a rules update (Rick Wilson, I have the email some where).....but they did not. And really, without IFMAR behind it....nobody is gonna do it until that happens......its why I stopped even working on it....

Later EddieO
Bummer, I hoped that you and some other industry heavies might be able to get that pushed through. I'd really like to see a fair battle field between the brushed and brushless guys, but I guess it doesn't really matter since brushed motors are still winning the War at races across the country.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote