1/12 GT500LM

Reply

Old 04-03-2016, 10:27 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default 1/12 GT500LM

This chassis is very similar to my GT500 but uses foam tires and body from kyosho plazma lm.
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm02.jpg   1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm04.jpg   1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm03.jpg   1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm05.jpg   1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm06.jpg  

v_squared is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:29 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

A few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm07.jpg   1/12 GT500LM-gt500lm09.jpg  
v_squared is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:02 PM
  #3  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Nice...really wish 1/12th racing embraced these scale bodies more.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:41 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southampton
Posts: 497
Default

The GT12 class runs realistic bodyshells, it's proven to be a good class for all abilities and its success in the UK has resulted in a much rejuvenated LMP12 class.
Badger5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,757
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Badger5 View Post
The GT12 class runs realistic bodyshells, it's proven to be a good class for all abilities and its success in the UK has resulted in a much rejuvenated LMP12 class.
V and I run at the same club and have run GT12 until it just sort of faded away last fall. I think we were the only club in the US to do so. It's a hard sell with the outcry of "too many classes" from others and decreasing attendance at our onroad club to generate any interest. I do agree with you on the fun and competition aspect and think that GT12 here is generally too far ahead of the curve. I still have 3 of them and waiting for everyone to come to their senses.

Back on topic, that car looks so nice on track and just silky smooth for what truly is personal labor of love for RC.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:35 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

What type of bodies does GT12 run?
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:41 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

GT12 have their own bodies. Protoform makes one and the others are from the UK. The are the same wheelbase as a normal 1/12 scale car but the rear is a bit more narrower.



Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
What type of bodies does GT12 run?
v_squared is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:12 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
GT12 have their own bodies. Protoform makes one and the others are from the UK. The are the same wheelbase as a normal 1/12 scale car but the rear is a bit more narrower.
Doesn't answer my question...are they sedans? GT cars? Prototypes?
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:54 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

GT12 uses GT car bodies.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Doesn't answer my question...are they sedans? GT cars? Prototypes?
v_squared is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:06 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

To me pan cars should be about prototypes...GT bodies are already ran in other classes so there's no reason to run them on a 1/12th pan car.
InspGadgt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:49 AM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,757
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
To me pan cars should be about prototypes...GT bodies are already ran in other classes so there's no reason to run them on a 1/12th pan car.
The GT12 cars in the US are a hard sell. But, in the UK where the tracks are small, tight, typically tear down and run in a gym, the class works. In the UK they don't run VTA, WGT-R or USGT, so that is the GT body class. They run some sedan, some F1, GT10(WGT with a 10.5 1S) and quite a bit of 10.5 blinky LMP 12th. GT12 is very good racing due to slightly too much power for the 26mm wide rear tires. It's great racing as the cars do handle well. The UK racers feel if you need to go faster, go race LMP. If this class was 17.5 or even 21.5 on really small tracks, it would be a great beginners class and a stepping stone in the 12th scale world, like real racing drivers: Karts, GTs, Prototypes.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
 
JeffofSpace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 367
Default

We are starting to run the class in Seattle. Any 1/12th chassis w prototype bodies. Right now we are on a medium sized asphalt track running 17.5 blinky. Cars look brilliant. Some are running the lm plazma and Iím running an xray x12 w a Tamiya Mazda 787 body. This is a great class...and looks damn classy.
JeffofSpace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:15 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

We've been running GT12 USA here in Florida for several years. Any 1/12th chassis, Any GT body, Spec WGT (1/12th) tires and any 21.5 motor. This was our biggest class at our FSEARA state race on carpet last weekend. at Minregg in Tampa. Unfortunately our last carpet track is closing at the end of the month. So we will be running this class outdoors. Now today are are experimenting with outdoors and seeing what works.
Most of you have no knowledge that some of us raced 1/12 outdoors for years with GT and GTP boddies. . The GT bodies are much better now a days. The GTP bodies all look like slot car bodies. That's been the difference in people racing this class and 1/12 anything else dying outdoors..
BullFrog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:33 PM
  #14  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 591
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace View Post
We are starting to run the class in Seattle. Any 1/12th chassis w prototype bodies. Right now we are on a medium sized asphalt track running 17.5 blinky. Cars look brilliant. Some are running the lm plazma and Iím running an xray x12 w a Tamiya Mazda 787 body. This is a great class...and looks damn classy.
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
We've been running GT12 USA here in Florida for several years. Any 1/12th chassis, Any GT body, Spec WGT (1/12th) tires and any 21.5 motor. This was our biggest class at our FSEARA state race on carpet last weekend. at Minregg in Tampa. Unfortunately our last carpet track is closing at the end of the month. So we will be running this class outdoors. Now today are are experimenting with outdoors and seeing what works.
Most of you have no knowledge that some of us raced 1/12 outdoors for years with GT and GTP boddies. . The GT bodies are much better now a days. The GTP bodies all look like slot car bodies. That's been the difference in people racing this class and 1/12 anything else dying outdoors..
You guys running 1S or 2S lipo's?
sugs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:24 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,169
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

We run 1 cell only.
BullFrog is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service