R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #16
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Bottom line is you are in good hands with either Novak or LRP or Keyence or KoPropo. Buy a good brand name speed controler and you cannot go wrong. When you ask a question on the forum you have to understand that most people are blinded by their favorite brand and that leads to a lot of bad information.

There are a lot of statements that have been said in this thread that I would be consider to be untrue regardless of brand loyality.

For instance:

I am not sure that just because an ESC is programable with a computer makes it more technologlically advanced over an ESC that has buttons. I would argure the opposite that an ESC that has reactive frequency and DOESN'T need to be programmed with a seperate hand held device or computer would be more technicigally advanced.

Someone also said that the LRP Q2 is the competition to the Novak GT7 while the LRP Q3 will be the competition to the Novak GTX, and that is false IMO as well. But then again someone could say that I am blinded by my loyality to LRP.

You have to be able to cut through the bull and decide for your self which one os best for your application. But as I said earlier in the post, which ever ESC you chose, you cannot go wrong in buying any that have already been discussed.

My one recommendation is never to buy a used ESC however. Many take very good care of their equipment. But the funny thing is that when you hear someone say that "I'll never buy a brand X ESC again becuase it exploded after one lap" well 99% of the timke that ESC malfunctioned because of user error and not because the unit was defective. You never know how that unit was treated by the person that owned it before you! People out there do some weird things.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Thnaks for the tips guys. i think that i will save and go for the GTX.
The LRP has a Auto Start option dose the Novak GTX have any option like this or is the Auto Start option just a selling point? Also i Run stock not mod (Just want to have the right gear just in case).
Thanks for your help
lrdars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdars
Thnaks for the tips guys. i think that i will save and go for the GTX.
The LRP has a Auto Start option dose the Novak GTX have any option like this or is the Auto Start option just a selling point? Also i Run stock not mod (Just want to have the right gear just in case).
Thanks for your help
You are not comparing apples to apples with the 2 ESC you are asking about. The LRP with auto start is more of a budget model while the GTX is Novaks top of the line (btw, not it doesn not have the Auto feature). You need to be comparing the LRP QC2 to the GTX for a fair comparison.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdars
Hello all,
I'm looking to upgrade my speedy and i have been offered a LRP Quantum Comp 2 @ runs old with the world kit for $150AUS. I just wanted to know what other people who have had this speedy think of it?
Is the Punch Fuction any good?
Are there any know issues it them?
Would i be better off saving a bit more and getting the Novak GTX?
And my last question This speedy has a limit of no lower them 5 turns, but if i was to run a 7 turn is there a change that the speedy will not handle it? Dumb question i know but just want to check.

Many Thanks
LRDARS
Both are good, buy the one which cost you less. That is the bottom line.
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
You are not comparing apples to apples with the 2 ESC you are asking about. The LRP with auto start is more of a budget model while the GTX is Novaks top of the line (btw, not it doesn not have the Auto feature). You need to be comparing the LRP QC2 to the GTX for a fair comparison.

what he was asking about was the launch control. hold the brake for 5 seconds. i assume when u do this the ESC sets the frquency to its lowest level to give lots of punch.

i not sure if it does make a difference, but i can say i use the launch function and my car does seem to be able to make up at least one position on the start....
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

I've heard at least 8 people on these forums complaining about firying issues with their QC2's without running the max. ESC turn limit. That was around 5 months ago, so things may have changed.

I am a Novak guy, but I don't bow down to Novak and worship them everyday. I would be happy to own something LRP, but I just can't be convinced after all these problems that arise with their products such as, faulty Sphere/Neo, QC2 and the A1 line of their ESC's. Don't quote me on that either, because that's all coming from what i've seen on these forums.

Get the GTX

By the way, whereabouts are you ordering your GTX/QC2? The GTX is $10 cheaper then the QC2 on Tower.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking Quick question

I've got a Lrp Q2 that I bought like a month ago and it stopped working. It won't program. I've filled out all the paper work to send it in for replacement, just wondering how long the turnaround would be.

Thanks

Doug
dougmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #23
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have been running my QC2 for a while now and I have no problems with it. My racing buddies also have GTX, KO, and Keyance....They are all good. I think if I had to get another one I would probably go Keyance.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #24
Tech Legend

Duratrax...
You should consider the source of all these so call problems with the Sphere & Lrp products.....

Most posted there were major problems even though they could`nt tell just what the problems was....

If I were you , only consider reports from racer`s who actually own and use these products week after week ....

All electronic ESC can have issues...
Sure, some can be the product itself, but, don`t forget owner related issues....

Novak makes a great brushless & ESC , believe them , rather than someone who`s motives are questionable....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote