R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2002, 10:24 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Default Practice days at the track

RC Nitro;
Practice days are ALMOST as much fun as racing at the track.

Hey, I think it's MY fault that we went off topic.

Anyone try the Waffle pattern brushes on a P2K/P2K2?

(There back on topic)

Last edited by popsracer; 11-15-2002 at 10:26 AM.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:07 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Pops: have fond memorys of 1150 dominaotor, they work great. Even 660 on a tunnel ram, great when they back belch. Burned 1/2 the hair off my head Sold my Z28 when I hurt my back. Driving 300M now.
On the brushes, no have not tried them. Use 767, 769 (767 with hole), narrowed 766 in Hellfire, and 4499's. IN the P2K and P2K2
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 12:00 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Default Brushes

I'm running 767's with cavity now but was looking for a little more rpm.
The brushes look great every time I inspect them. Is there power to be gained by replacing when the serrations are gone? Otherwise alignment & wear are perfect.
There are a few guys at the tracks that their cars are just rockets. I've tried gearing up, but then I loose too much punch in the corners.
My overall/final ratio is 6.99. The car feels much better in the corners if I run something around 7.20 overall. (HPI Pro-3)

Thanks,
Old 11-16-2002, 07:20 AM   #79
Tech Apprentice

pops i've always had good luck with 767,4499i think are about same compound i use a drillbit to make 769scheeper like that always buy brushes in bulk 50 pairs at a time are like $100
$2.00 apair local hobby shop or try WWW. hobby horse.com don't be afraid to experment with slots ,timing difrent compounds ineach brush hood and the last thing springs if you have acess to a dyno try one thing if it works you can tell right rpm does not mean power . the cheepest way to have a dyno isbuds raceing products dyno this will give u a rpm reading and amps this was one of the first and cheepest ways to compare motorsthis has been around since the late 80'swe always looked for highest amp draw as the better powerwith this machine hope this helps u out
..............................bubba. whats up john long time
just getting ready for tidewater r/c 's new carpet track ?????????what is the first race date ????????...................bubba
bubbaicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 10:06 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Default Brushes & Dynos

I'm using the Reedy #767 cavity brush right now. I took the motor apart after about 8-10 runs and everything looks perfect inside. The brushes have most of their serrations gone but other than that they look perfect. Perfect alignment, no arcing and no discoloring.
I gave the Com a skim cut and it only needed .0015 removed. Put in a new set of brushes (#767w,Cav.) and broke it in for 10 min's with a three cell pack. I rechecked the magnetic center of the arm again and it was fine.
I've got the $$$ to buy a good Dyno, so I'd like to get the best one for the money. I want one that will link with my PC so that I can keep a record of the Dyno runs on my computer.
I usually race in Sportsman Stock and am a good enough driver to race in Expert Stock but my car just isn't fast enough to keep up.
BTW; I'm running Integy matched 2400's with 1.17v average @ 20a.
I think I'm going to get one pack of 3000HV's as the average voltage is better. (Integy labels to Integy)

Thanks for the Help,

Last edited by popsracer; 11-16-2002 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:53 AM   #81
Tech Apprentice

pops personaly i have the fantom dyno this one has a gearing program for oval which i have found to be perty consistant all dynos are diffent take your numbers use them to your advantage
u still have to establish a base line, and work from that fantom also has a conversion formula for ce turbo dyno to come pare numbers i have not tried a robtronics dyno so can,t give u any info no it . ........bubba
Old 11-16-2002, 11:04 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Default Robo Dyno

I understand that the Robo Dyno is very good, but they are no longer being distributed by Trinity so support would be difficult.

Does the Fantom allow you to plot graphs on a PC like the Robo does?
How about the CE Dyno's? What do they offer for the price over a Fantom Dyno?

Think I'm going to post in a new thread.

Thanks,
Old 11-16-2002, 11:12 AM   #83
Tech Apprentice

yep sure doescheck out this site www.decCo Software.com
these people ofer up grade programs for fantom dynos i belive they have a demo program but haven't been there in while so can rember right now............B
the ce dyno u don't have to have a pc or a laptop.

Last edited by bubbaicm; 11-16-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:16 AM   #84
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

Thanks Bubbaicm, will check it out now.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:19 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Default Bubbaicm

The link didn't work.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:20 PM   #86
Tech Apprentice

pops try this http://www.decosoftware.com/
Old 11-16-2002, 01:19 PM   #87
Tech Elite

Default Still no good

I will try to go there directly.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:24 AM   #88
Tech Regular

Hi Bubba
Jim say 1st of December. So that would be the 7th as we race saturday. Oval track is coming along real nice. The new wall is going up and touring section will start getting laid down. I have been taking photo's for owner to keep a record. The paint ball place is open. Owner is offering to lets us take the marshalls next door and shoot . I watched some of that yeaterday, them dudes are to fast for me, the paint was flying. Couple of us are going to start a 1/12 class. Got a 12L of e-bay. These things are rockets!! Running 4 cell stock. One of the oval guys brought his 12L out with 9 single and 6 cells. This thing was balistic, was pulling the front end off the ground! I will let you know when he opens the track
John

Pops: Try reserating the brushes. I use the promatch cutter $24 for mount and cutter. Works great, and I do notice I get more power with the serations on the 4499 & 767 compound. Dave C sells the software on the Fantom. Fantom sells the dyno. fantom I had the fantom, but I sold that and now use the TurboDyno. I prefer this one. It suits me needs better. Glenn on the hobby talk forum, goes by TMFU, use the Robotronics dyno and can give you some insight on that model.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote