R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   cheapest place to buy much more products?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/93553-cheapest-place-buy-much-more-products.html)

Team-RTR 12-12-2005 01:40 AM

cheapest place to buy much more products??

hey guys where is the cheapest place to buy muchmore products on the web?

TimPotter 12-12-2005 06:09 AM

Two good places are Pdub Racing, and Nexus Racing

www.pdubracing.com

www.nexusracing.net

Racer4Life 12-12-2005 06:15 AM

http://www.speedtechrc.com/

EAMotorsports 12-12-2005 07:41 AM

Is there a Dealer in Australia? IF you buy it out side of your country you must send it back to the country of purchase for warranty repairs.

Also you wont find much price differences anywhere other than in Japan/Hongkong. It will be cheaper over there but hard to get fixed if something does go wrong.

EA

Jack2 12-12-2005 01:42 PM

One of the best places to buy things is R/C Champ - If they stock it, it will be just about guaranteed it will be cheaper than anywhere else.

Check out this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54786 , ask if they have it and at what price and "Masa" will tell you. Masa is the nicest guy to deal with, ultimate service. Not to mention the speed, it usually takes 3 days to receive an order from them.

As to buying things from Australia, the other day I walked into a LHS and noticed they had some Much More Motor coolers (Peltier type) and the price tag was $158 AUD, and that was supposed to be a good deal. I checked out the price at R/C Champ and their price is about $85 AUD. Now I agree you should support your LHS, but when the differences are like that you won't see me buying things from the LHS

jamescam 12-12-2005 01:47 PM

Low prices and much more products are two things that don't go together :)

Before the flames begin, I am a HUGE Much More fan and realize to sustain a profitable business model in a niche industry like RC racing it is important to make quality products worthy of a healthy price tag.

UCHEATULOSE 12-12-2005 02:22 PM

superiro hobbies and TQ hobbies ast shipping and great prices..also there in stock!

qwerty 12-12-2005 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jack2
As to buying things from Australia, the other day I walked into a LHS and noticed they had some Much More Motor coolers (Peltier type) and the price tag was $158 AUD, and that was supposed to be a good deal. I checked out the price at R/C Champ and their price is about $85 AUD. Now I agree you should support your LHS, but when the differences are like that you won't see me buying things from the LHS

werd :nod:

also what u think about the MM Motor Cooler? can i do the same thing with a $15 12v fan ?

P-DUB 12-12-2005 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by UCHEATULOSE
superiro hobbies and TQ hobbies ast shipping and great prices..also there in stock!

Where did you get your Much More Charger :weird: :confused: :ha:

Jon Kerr 12-12-2005 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by qwerty

also what u think about the MM Motor Cooler? can i do the same thing with a $15 12v fan ?

No. The MM Motor cooler and other's like it cool the motor down to near freezing temperature. It's something some feel helps to keep the motor from falling off by the end of a run. I have one of the Pherriswheel one's that he was making before he sold the patent. The fan that's on the cooler is there to cool the heat sink that's drawing the heat away from the hot side of the peltier.

P-Dub should be able to get you anything you need.

Jack2 12-12-2005 03:07 PM

off topic

Originally Posted by qwerty

Nope, You can make your own motor cooler but it takes more than just a fan.

The most important piece in the whole unit is the "peltier device" (AKA, thermoelectric module) .

To cut a huge theory very short, the Peltier devices when powered up (usually by a 12v DC source) one side gets really hot and one side gets really cold. These things are usually around 40X40mm or 50X50mm in diameter and about 3mm thick. So that’s why you see the large heat sink and fan on the top side, this cools the hot side of the Peltier. Cooling the hot side is very important otherwise the whole unit will over heat and become useless. On the cold side, On most peltier coolers (not the Much More version) you will see thick copper plates on the cold side. Copper is very good at transferring the cold out of the Peltier devices and then you will see the motor clamp mounted to the copper. On the Much More version, there isn't much transferring the cold out of the Peltier. This makes the design more compact but not as effective as it could be. The much More thermoelectric motor cooler is still a great little unit, especially for the size.

arn671 12-12-2005 03:15 PM

Much More Products

Rain City Raceway in Seattle should have most items in stock.

Raincityraceway.com