R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 323
Default ceramic bearings and diff balls

hey is the ceramic bearing and diff balls worth the money nad if it is what brand should i then choose
Rasmus TbEvo IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
dakrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 96th ABW
Posts: 1,581
Default

they are the best kind of bearings. acer and boca etc... makes ceramic bearings. they cost around $100 for a set. if you can afford it go for it.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
floodo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 452
Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1
Default

KGB Racing also sells metric sedan bearing kits for 85 per car (drivetrain only). they also have diff balls and thrust balls for some cars. check out the website www.kgbracing.com

yes ceramic bearings will last longer, and are more free as well. ceramic diff balls are the ONLY way to roll. ceramic diff balls last for practically ever!
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
hey is the ceramic bearing and diff balls worth the money nad if it is what brand should i then choose
Come on guy, you gotta start using the search function. This is like the 10th thread you've started in 2 days. I know you didn't search because if you did you wouldn't have started this thread. Ceramic bearings have been talked to death on this forum and very important information has been discussed regarding them. If you would have searched, you would have found around 20 different threads that covered the topic! Search "Ceramic Bearings."
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,505
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Come on guy, you gotta start using the search function. This is like the 10th thread you've started in 2 days. I know you didn't search because if you did you wouldn't have started this thread. Ceramic bearings have been talked to death on this forum and very important information has been discussed regarding them. If you would have searched, you would have found around 20 different threads that covered the topic! Search "Ceramic Bearings."
people come here for infomation A$$hole, I bet your one of those guys who don't help a new guy at the track who is getting started
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fremont, Ca.
Posts: 78
Default

LOL....I got'a follow this thread....this is going to a good one...
Grub_Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
Registered User
 
xrcbuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
hey is the ceramic bearing and diff balls worth the money nad if it is what brand should i then choose
For a club racing I would say no, invest the money on better battery or charger or servos. You will not see too much improvement. Just maintain your berings & diff ball every 8 to 10 races & you are 99.9% there. That is my 2 $.
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 AM   #8
Ike
Tech Master
 
Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Come on guy, you gotta start using the search function. This is like the 10th thread you've started in 2 days. I know you didn't search because if you did you wouldn't have started this thread. Ceramic bearings have been talked to death on this forum and very important information has been discussed regarding them. If you would have searched, you would have found around 20 different threads that covered the topic! Search "Ceramic Bearings."
You know, I'm usually all for people doing searches in forums and encouraging them to do so. However, why don't you put in ceramic bearings as a search and then tell me how many threads pop up that 1.) are diectly tied to bearing info, and 2.) don't have 1000+ posts to seach through just to find one tidbit on ceramic bearings. Hell, even refine the search to titles only and it's still a lot of other nonsense because someone felt the need to put cermaic bearings in a post title somewhere in the TC3 forum, and the TC4 forum etc. etc.

In short, the search forum at times can be useless and very time consuming (especially for someone that hasn't spent a lot of time on forums) when the whole reason of having a search feature is to be able to find the info you want quickly.

I love that we have a great site like RCtech but the search function and mega threads are fubar for anyone that isn't able to completely refine a seach. What's even worse it trying to find something within those mega threads.
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:11 AM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
maxoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 38
Default

http://www.valavala.com/shop/
maxoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 02:44 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

I've just recently got a set of Acer Racing Bearings and diff balls. Their service is great, and I got the parts from the US to Australia within a week. High quality bearings, highly recommended.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 AM   #11
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
people come here for infomation A$$hole, I bet your one of those guys who don't help a new guy at the track who is getting started
I understand that buddy. But how many times are people, the people with knowledge on a subject, expected to talk about a subject? You tell me? I for one, like many others are not going to continually post on the same subject in different threads.

I will help anyone that needs it but when I get asked the same question 20 times in a row, I gotta start thinking that the person asking the questions is not listening!

My recommendation stands at use the search function!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,505
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
I understand that buddy. But how many times are people, the people with knowledge on a subject, expected to talk about a subject? You tell me? I for one, like many others are not going to continually post on the same subject in different threads.

I will help anyone that needs it but when I get asked the same question 20 times in a row, I gotta start thinking that the person asking the questions is not listening!

My recommendation stands at use the search function!
Sorry for the A-hole comment I was drunk
But if your going responed to the topic, why not give the infomation and remind them about the seach engine
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
You know, I'm usually all for people doing searches in forums and encouraging them to do so. However, why don't you put in ceramic bearings as a search and then tell me how many threads pop up that 1.) are diectly tied to bearing info, and 2.) don't have 1000+ posts to seach through just to find one tidbit on ceramic bearings. Hell, even refine the search to titles only and it's still a lot of other nonsense because someone felt the need to put cermaic bearings in a post title somewhere in the TC3 forum, and the TC4 forum etc. etc.

In short, the search forum at times can be useless and very time consuming (especially for someone that hasn't spent a lot of time on forums) when the whole reason of having a search feature is to be able to find the info you want quickly.

I love that we have a great site like RCtech but the search function and mega threads are fubar for anyone that isn't able to completely refine a seach. What's even worse it trying to find something within those mega threads.
LOL...I did a thread search for "Ceramic BEarings" and came up with this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings

The search yeilded 3 pages of threads that deal ceramic bearings. Above is only a small sample of threads. The funny thing is these all show up on page 1. I didn't even go through that entire page or the 2nd and 3rd. I bet there would be a 60 threads in total that deal with ceramic bearings!

Several of the threads listed on the first page were IDENTICAL to this very thread but actually every single thread I looked at had information relavent to this discussion.

All you have to do is go to the advanced search function. Type in "Ceramic Bearings" in the search by key word section and select search by thread only. What comes up in the search is 3 pages of threads that disc uss this very topic. No wasted time, no looking through stuff you don't want to read as these are threads dedicated to the subject of Ceramic Bearings.

Hope this helped!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #14
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i don't know about bearing because until you are good, you may actually shatter bearings, but diff balls are a different story, no realy way to destroy them. I am using some from RayHuang on the for sale forum. these are great and I have yet to even rebuild my diff after 4 race weekends. and they are still smooth as silk. Ray has great prices on diff balls. and he has most sizes in stock
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Sorry for the A-hole comment I was drunk
But if your going responed to the topic, why not give the infomation and remind them about the seach engine
I have already responded to this subject, IN DETAIL, on about 10 other Ceramic bearing threads in the past. I am tired about talking about the same thing and others are as well. I have typed pages and pages on this subject before and am not about to discuss it again. Many feel the same. So if those with knowledge (this in no way is reference to me) on the subject are tired about talking more about it, why not do the search.

This thread is kinda like starting a "Which is the best tourer" thread.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Benefit of ceramic ball bearings and diff balls RCSteve93 Electric On-Road 23 09-02-2008 03:34 PM
Ceramic Diff Balls for a B4 BuggyKing Rookie Zone 5 09-20-2007 10:28 PM
Ceramic Diff Balls where to get fordman86 Electric Off-Road 8 11-01-2006 08:36 PM
Like new Acer ceramic diff balls and trust balls for sale. RCknight R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 11-19-2005 03:32 AM
Ceramic balls for diff and thrust bearings Still Bill Electric On-Road 1 02-27-2005 01:05 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net