Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor Cooling Fan Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Motor Cooling Fan Questions

I am running the duct fan kit in my TC4, but find it a pain in the a$$. After every race I have to take out my motor and clean the carpet lint out of the fan.

Does the fan make that much of difference anyways?

I like the concept that Cool Can Fans uses. Is this a better version than the duct kit?

Let me know how you run you cars (with or without fan cooling)

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Also, if you run a fan, how to you hook power up to it. From you reciever, battery or motor wires.

Thanks again.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

I run the cool can fans on my fk05, no problems with fluff etc and they allow me to run 1 tooth higher indoors without damaging the motor

mine is connected to the batter wires, it runs when they are plugged in, so the motor is cold after you have finished marshalling
Old 12-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mulligan Stu
Also, if you run a fan, how to you hook power up to it. From you reciever, battery or motor wires.

Thanks again.
I've installed a switch between the pos and neg terminals on the speed control, so the fan can be turned off and on at will.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mulligan Stu
I am running the duct fan kit in my TC4, but find it a pain in the a$$. After every race I have to take out my motor and clean the carpet lint out of the fan.

Does the fan make that much of difference anyways?

I like the concept that Cool Can Fans uses. Is this a better version than the duct kit?

Let me know how you run you cars (with or without fan cooling)

Thanks in advance.

Get that weight off your car. If you gear your motor properly it will never over heat with-in 5 min. race.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What are you talking about, a cooler motor WHILE its gears properly, is awsome, in the end less comm and brush wear, and the motor will feel more strong at the end of a race. the weight is probally a few grams, wont really make to much of a diffrence.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alex_kipper
What are you talking about, a cooler motor WHILE its gears properly, is awsome, in the end less comm and brush wear, and the motor will feel more strong at the end of a race. the weight is probally a few grams, wont really make to much of a diffrence.
What I am telling you is there is no need for fan, thats all I am telling you. Now if you want to put a fan there do it, thats all I am talking about.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

i think a fan is advantagouse, coz everyone does a quick 2 minute warm up before the race starts, then usually they call everyone to the grid and most times they then stuff around for another minute trying to start the race, whilst sitting there a fan blowing away heat from the motor would be good.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

While the fan may or may not make a big difference, it's good to have a little more weight on the motor-side of the car anyhow, since most cars need weight on that side to counter our fatter and heavier batteries anyhow. Instead of running lead to counter, your running a device that may actually help.

Smart.