R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #106
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Why not go with 6 months prior to the event like what IFMAR does. This allows technology to keep going but then also puts a freeze so all the racers know what is legal and what is not legal. You could also do this with bodies and would eliminate finding out 2 weeks prior to an event that a new body is legal. Of course the biggest problem with this is not all the Nats are the same time in the year from year to year and sometimes it isn't until a few months before that you find out where the event is especially if it is early in the year.

from the ifmar site

4.2 BATTERIES APPROVAL

4.2.1 The deadline date for submitting batteries (cells) to be approved for that year ís World Championship is eight (8) months prior to the date of the Opening Ceremony of the World Championship. Applications for approval must be submitted to IFMAR. The submittal for approval must contain a written technical specification from the original cell manufacturer for verification.

A minimum of 50,000 individual cells must have been sold (by the original manufacturer or their agents) to commercial outlets in the retail or distribution sector of the hobby industry. Approval may be requested by the original manufacturer or their agents. The submittal for approval must conform to the procedure carried out at the time for IFMAR approval - copies available on request.

4.2.2 Verification of availability will be made four (4) months prior to the date of the Opening Ceremony of the World Championship.

A list of telephone numbers, email addresses and postal addresses of retail suppliers in each Bloc from whom the cells can be purchased must be submitted with the application. The manufacturer has to provide addresses of hobby shops where any driver who wishes to obtain these batteries at the time of approval can do so. Failure of verification will result in the non-approval of the product.

4.2.3 One (1) sample of each product and paperwork submitted for approval to be supplied by the IFMAR Electric Section Chairman to the appropriate IFMAR Electric Section representative in EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA and FAMAR to be checked that they comply with the rules. If a product meets all technical specifications and IFMAR availability requirements by a majority of the voting Blocs representatives, it will be included on the Approved Product List for use at WC events.

now this works for them because they only run 1 electric event a year. it would n't work here to many electric events. As for Bodies How Old is the Parma Alpha? and it's still king!!!!!!!!
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #107
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you behave as I expect you to behave you will post something about me being rude and we will never see you on this thread again (The typical ROAR run and hide move). I hope that you prove me wrong and come back with information that will actually help your membership.
You know what it is crap like this that makes me not want to be a member. Not so much the leadership of the organization, but all the people that seem to know whats best for the hobby. All I have read for 4 pages is a bunch of wining and pissing and moaning about how bad this organization is being run. You know what, if you feel you can make a difference then run for a position, or is it that everyone else is affraid of the scrutiny that comes with the position. These are volunteers that are running this club, and they get very little backing and support from the membership. All they ever hear is complaints, who the hell wants to volunteer for that? Man I'm about to withdrawl my membership, simply because of all the complaining that the other members do. On a happier note, the Region 8 Director Alex Sturgeon has done an awesome job helping to promote all of the events in our region, not just ROAR events. And I have seen the work that has gone into holding a position in ROAR, because my father was a region director for several years. So don't think that these exec comms or other position holders are sitting on their a$$ doing nothing, because I'm sure they are trying.
2005 ROAR Region 8 1/8 on-road TQ/Champ
www.fastlanehobby.com
www.heartofamericaseries.com
sesimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #108
Tech Master

it's not like this is rocket science. people are just asking for it to make sense. you have your opinion and I have mine. thanks for the input. but you mention that these people are volunteering there time. i ask you to remember back to the 2002 president election Rick Wilson and his followers did everything they could to keep Ernie Provetti from gain office. what did we get in return 3 years of some of the worst decisions in the history of the organization. and now Rick steps down. I think that Ernie Provetti would have help ROAR out huge.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #109
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepull
it's not like this is rocket science. people are just asking for it to make sense. you have your opinion and I have mine. thanks for the input. but you mention that these people are volunteering there time. i ask you to remember back to the 2002 president election Rick Wilson and his followers did everything they could to keep Ernie Provetti from gain office. what did we get in return 3 years of some of the worst decisions in the history of the organization. and now Rick steps down. I think that Ernie Provetti would have help ROAR out huge.

I sure wish they had `nt done that ....

Big mistake.......

having someone from the head of the industry would of done wonder`s for Roar...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I voted for Ernie. It would have been great he would have made heads roll.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #111
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesimon
So don't think that these exec comms or other position holders are sitting on their a$$ doing nothing, because I'm sure they are trying.
I know one that's not. Sorry... I'm bitter. lol
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #112
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Eric, I do value your thoughts and only have to ask.. if the approval date was earlier or twice a year.. doesn't this cause a disadvantage to those events run prior versus those events run after the new cells get to be used?

One problem we have is we can't get the nationals completed prior to September 1 .... so everybody has the same rules all year long.

Just a thought...
No I dont quite see where it would matter. The Paved nats are at the end of the Paved season and usually always in or before September...This year they were moved back to avoid the Hurricane season. And the carpet nats it would not affect. Make it Sept 3 or 31 (how ever many days are in Sept) and have the outdoor nats before then...October is WAY too late in the year to have a paved national anyway since 80% of the country is already racing on carpet by then.

Besides what difference does it matter if one national has a differnt battery than the other one 6 months later?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
I voted for Ernie. It would have been great he would have made heads roll.
-Yeah, all the VOLUNTEERS of ROAR have so much to lose.....come on man.. What do you guys expect? How do you effectively practice holding people accountable when they are performing a job on a volunteer basis.

This is an organization run by a volunteer service of people who have real jobs outside of ROAR that PAY THEM.

I've come to the conclusion, why in the hell would anyone want to volunteer for ANY ROAR position, especially with the state ROAR is in now...
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:01 PM   #114
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think that the main thing Ernie could have done was devote alot more time and resources to ROAR. I personally am not a Trinity fan but I think the guy knows the buisness and knows what the majority of the racers want. Maybe ROAR needs to be taken corporate, couldn't get much worse.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Adrian, Your points are valid on the situation with the batteries, but Dawn is TRYING to help out. You do not have to take personal swipes at her.

Quote:
If you behave as I expect you to behave you will post something about me being rude and we will never see you on this thread again (The typical ROAR run and hide move). I hope that you prove me wrong and come back with information that will actually help your membership.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:51 AM   #116
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Dawn thanks for the e-mail!Always great talking to you.You will be greatly missed even if it dose'nt seem like it on these boards!!

Last edited by 17driver; 12-15-2005 at 04:17 AM.
17driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:58 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Davepull- I have never recieved a phone call- email or smoke signals from you on anything concerning ROAR in the last two -three years and I live in the same home town.I was up on most everything contrary to what Tim and the others on the electric committee think.I knew about what was coming - why because at the time I gave a hoot and did the very simple thing I called and asked.I knew about the battery vote way before.I told people at the state race that you were not at .They did not listen or vote.Since this is my last year I really don't care that much- why because of the whiners out there.I'm tired of reading about all there dislikes with ROAR. Sort of sounds just like the whiny Democrates vs Republicans.People got tired and voted them out plain and simple. Get your people to run for office get people to join so they can vote and actually vote. No it is easier to come on here and complain to the few that will respond and the many that just read and say why do I want to get into this hobby?
I could say alot more but I'm not at this time.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 AM   #118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Bill this will be my last post in regrads to this, because this is really becoming a HUGE bitchfest... Lets get over it, and move on.

1. I remember you discussing the battery rule at he Nats, not the State Race, and if you knew about it, why didnt you post on the ON ROAD COMMITTEE's CHAT BOARD so we all could discuss it ?

2. If you are done with this Hobby, then be done, we thank you for all your years of support. Florida has come a long way..... Thanks !

3. There has been a change at ROAR, like it or not, things will change and hopefully this will be for the better, if not, ROAR will lose what luster it still has, and cease to exsist.

4. People have to get over thier own ego's and see that if they can accept the fact that sometimes walking away, or delegating control is better for everybody, and actually gets things done.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost

Last edited by TimPotter; 12-15-2005 at 11:26 AM.
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #119
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Difference in level of investment and life cycle between batteries and bodies.

I agree with ROAR in the once a year approval of new cells, the other major world organizations also approve once a year. I think ROAR should change the submittal period to January through March with new cells being allowed in April. The offroad guys wont like this much but it will put the approval date of cells to be the same as the rest of the world and it would stop new cells from being legalized in the middle of the carpet season. Since the carpet onroad is a bigger market and offroad is less affected by new cell technologies, this would be my suggestion on the battery situation.
I agree with this but, new cells generally come out (To the public) December/January, they have cells to submit before the general public has them. So actually Sept to December is more logical IMO to get them for Jan 1st and that runs through to December 31st.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #120
Tech Legend

Why even approve the 3800 ?

As soon as they are legal the racer`s will go buy nothing but 4200..

Causing again, nobody to partake in the regional programs, cus they brought the cells that have`nt been approved....

Funny , nobody has been screaming for the extra capacity.....

Yet, here you go ! 4200 !
Then the low Ir ones next.....
Then here you again, the same again next year ?

This is ruining Roar.....
Just wait , the ship will sink , and real soon .....
Attached Thumbnails
ROAR Has a new President-wc.jpg  
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote