R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been involved ever since I started racing(1979).JKA I'm on the on-road electric committee and I've never recieved a phone call from you ( I don't know your name) .Active yes for the last 15 years a region director- can and have I gone out of my to get things done for the electric guy- Yes.But like Dawn my Business has taken several strange turns in the last year
( tornado).And listening to the few that are on these many websites complaining about ROAR has taken it's toll on me.I don't enjoy racing anymore! I've gotten into another r/c hobby where everything is just FUN.I actually look forward to Sundays again but not to race cars.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For the last 4 years I have had the same mind set as Tim. If I do enough I can make ROAR better. I was on the Electric Committee, I wrote rules, made phone calls on my and my companies time, I made the 2004 On Road Worlds happen in the US (for better or worse ). All I wanted was for ROAR to get its prestige back.

What I got was ROAR fighting me at every turn and making bone head decisions that made ROAR a laughing stock in the international community. Now no one at ROAR returns my phone calls or emails. Thats the reward ROAR gives to guys that make an attempt to make things better.

Every hard working qualified racer that has really tried to make ROAR better over the last few years has gotten burned, burnt out and cast aside by the EX COM social club.

ROAR is a dead horse and we need to stop beating it. We need a clean sheet of paper....
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #48
JKA
Tech Master

Dawn - You are the best. This is not your issue to fix. Its funny that the only offroad person on excom is the one I had most confidence in for helping electric onroad. Which is the way things should be... no bias. Likewise, its both regrettable and appropriate that you are stepping aside given your commitments away from RC. (5th seed?... Deuce killed me. lol)

Bill - I wasn't even aware you were a member of the electric Onroad Committee so why would I have called you? There was a discussion forum setup for the electric onroad committee and there were only a few active members including myself. I'm not sure you were even a member of that forum, which could be a whole other issue.

The point is that people who cannot commit the time necessary to volunteer need to step aside and allow those that are capable and willing to do the job the opportunity to prove it. There are plenty of capable people hidden in the currently ineffective committee system.

JPilone - anyone supporting what Dennis just posted, you included, are only showing your bias and thus inept ability to fairly push the organiztion forward as a whole. You have no clue how hard certain people work on the electric side, most likely because it never gets relayed to those who need to know. To step back and claim that the electric guys are getting what they deserve, as Dennis did, is putting blind faith in the electric committee chair. I can assure you, aside from a couple no shows the Electric Committee chair was the least active member in our discussions with the majority of his "involvement" consisting of explanations for absence and one stop by to get "all of the info" before the excom meeting.

We need people who care about progressing things as a whole. Not people setting back with pompous a$$ condescending attitudes saying that electric guys are getting "what they deserve".

And if you think that "voting" is going to change things then you are truly mislead.

Whether fortunate or not, there will be at least 2 vacancies on the Executive committee (Rick and Dawn in 06). This is both a hurdle and an opportunity for the organization. Its time to appoint someone who will work toward getting rid of the dead weight and enforce accountability. The days of excuses like "we are just volunteers" should be over.

Fraz - you may be right about MQ. I'm not sure, but I'm holding out hope. I actually wanted to remain on the electric onroad committee, but I also have huge committments at home (new baby, helping run our local club, etc etc We all have responsibilities.). Had the work we had been doing actually gotten reasonable consideration I would have continued, but our work was nearly worthless as it was being presented by someone who was completely uninvolved in the working process. Certain proposals were returned with suggestions to do the very things we had done to develop them in the first place. It was and is a shame.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Very interesting debate going on about this. On RCFiles.com, there was a similar debate concerning our on-road nitro scene in the state of TX and some of the behind-the-posts arguments concerned the new ROAR president, MQ. One of the things that came up (off the forum) was a conflict of interest because of closely related hobby business venture(s) and the position with the national organization. A second thing that came up was how decisions made about racing in the state-wide series always revolved around 1/8th scale (yes, MQ does race sometimes and runs only 1/8th scale onroad when he does), even though touring car was the slightly bigger class. But let me point this out because many of the problems here in the on-road scene in TX will not be fixed or address because of this main reason: if the person(s) in charge don't ever think that there is a problem, then problems will never be addressed or fixed (the point to where egos get in the way of objective thinking or reasoning).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:15 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Now no one at ROAR returns my phone calls or emails. Thats the reward ROAR gives to guys that make an attempt to make things better.
Adrian - um... excuse me?? In all honesty, I don't believe you and I have ever spoken so please... of course, [email protected] is always open and never have I disregarded an email or neglected to work on a situation. There might not be the solution you want... but at least attempt before you condemn? (posted with all due respect.. no offense ever intended.)

JKA - yea, was 3rd seed but Sean got more points last night and beat me.. now Super Poopers is my next game which means I'm done.... he has Peyton. Oh well.... was a good run.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Brian, you heard wrong. We ran two PC's at the Nats and the only problem we had all week was when somebody accidently turned off a power strip.

So I'm guessing that racer I heard this form didn't get into an arguement with the ROAR officals and one offical didn't threatened to kick him out of ROAR. Oh well guess it all never happened.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
So I'm guessing that racer I heard this form didn't get into an arguement with the ROAR officals and one offical didn't threatened to kick him out of ROAR. Oh well guess it all never happened.
Not because of that reason.. interesting how these stories get very inflamed....

Yes, he got into an arguement with ROAR official which is reason to DQ him anyway... but regardless, there's more to this story.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Excomm members each have an individual job and I can state from three years experience, there is no way I could do more than what I'm assigned. Its not my full time job and five to six hours a day is way more than I should put in.
I have been involved with full size auto racing as a member of volunteer clubs for over 20 years. If you have to do 5-6 hours a day of work for your assigned duties then that should be a PAID position by ROAR. No way around it that at that point it becomes a full time job and should have a person doing that full time. In most organizations around the world this is the way it is done mainly because of the amount of administrative duties that are required. But I can understand why you would quit with having to devote that much time to the job. As a volunteer you should never have todo that much for a volunteer position except maybe at a National Race.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
As a volunteer you should never have todo that much for a volunteer position except maybe at a National Race.
No excuses for the volunteering.. I knew what I was getting into when I was asked and one time about a year ago I did state publically to give me a break because this is a volunteer thing for me... and I regretted it ever since. Its a cop out. If I didn't want the job, I wouldn't do it.

What is the hardest to take is how people feel they have a right to speak to me..... no, I shouldn't take it personal but gees, its hard not to when people call you names and trash talk the very thing you believe the most in, you know?

This is why I think I am reacting so poorly to your comment about the running a race with no scorekeeping... it simply is not the story. I'm not calling your buddy a liar but I am stating after time some stories get a little larger and reasons for outbursts to officials get justified, you know?

One thing about ROAR I cannot stand is the tolerance level. We allow people to "bash" the organization publically and even at a national event. We allow bashing in the media and we allow people to get in our faces and publically disrespect the position and the job. NASCAR doesn't... and with so many comparisons to how ROAR should do things like NASCAR, I believe behaviorial modification and penalties should be imposed. (sure, call me a MOM!! LOL)

Sure, ROAR is not perfect. NO hobby organization is.... I truly believe in ROAR and the sanctioning of racing nationwide. I think we need more promotions help.. honestly, one person cannot do it alone. (promotions position is also responsible for member communication.. this is why I come here and do this stuff... LOL)

Ok, my rant is done... sorry for making ya'll read this stuff... I just hope even one person might understand that typed words hurt even more than the spoken ones.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli
There is another.
Another Raffaelli???
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:43 PM   #56
Tech Champion

I can see Dawn doing a Pacino imitation right now:

"Every time I try to get out they suck me back in"
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #57
Tech Champion

The biggest problem with RC racing is people take this stuff way too seriously. Let's face it, I don't care how much money or how much work they are, they're toy cars! Now don't go off on a rant disagreeing with me just yet. Change your mindset for one second, tell yourself it's racing toy cars for bowling trophies. Doesn't that put things in perspective? This is a hobby first, and we're supposed to have fun. The scoring system malfunctioned? So what, stuff happens. You don't think scoring errors happen in full scale racing?

Everyone needs to relax, take a breath, forget the past since you can't change it, and think about what's really best for our hobby and sport.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Sucks to see Dawn Leave! I've had good and bad responses to her, mostly good. I've even probably over stepped my postition because its not always easy to know the whole story over the keyboard. thats probably why it hurts for her more! But as an outside source it seemed to me that she was the only one to put her a$$ out there on the line to continously get ripped. But she still tried harder than any other ROAR offical to keep us informed. As for the voting thing... A few monthes ago I posed the question: Since there is only one or two ROAR races in Ohio what whould be the benifit or reason for me to Join Roar? The response; We'll there really isn't a reason to join. So until Roar can provide a better organization and reason to get involved, I'll never support them again!!!! Thank god cleveland dumped them (that's how long it's been sense I joined. Dawn Good Luck w/ your personal business and all you do! Hope the new roar president can turn things around and excite our entire nation about a once great organization!
brianhackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml
I can see Dawn doing a Pacino imitation right now:

"Every time I try to get out they suck me back in"
Now that is funny!!!

Raffaelli thinks he's out... he's wrong...
Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #60
JKA
Tech Master

Dawn - I was the highest seed not to make the playoffs in both of my leagues. lol DMac on IR killed me in both.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote