Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thanks Dawn
Old 12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How did this degenerate into a "move the fast the guys outta stock so it'll be easier" thread? Everybody wants this hobby to be easy, from the folks who refuse to build kits, and work on their own stuff when they break it, to the people who cry about the fast racers running stock. Hell Tony Stewart won his second Cup title this year, I guess he should be forced to move into F-1

Roar's job is not to determine who can race what class, rather to establish fair and concise rules for competition. That's what racing is right, COMPETITION? I don't know, I'd rather win the B at a race with 40 great drivers, then win the A at a race with 5 good drivers, but I guess that's just me. Keep runnin' stock Cuffs, guys like you give me something to shoot for.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

I totally agree....if you wanna be the best...you need to learn how to beat the best......you can go buy big trophys, but they dont look as good as the ones where you had to work hard to be able win......
Old 12-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

new battery approvals can be found on the website.... each has an approval date of 10/1/2005

http://roarracing.org/approvals/sbattery.php

Sanyo RC-3600HV Light Red Shrink 10/01/2005
GP GP370SCHR Rainbow Shrink 10/01/2005
GP GP370SCHC Green w/Orange Band Shrink 10/01/2005
IB EP3800ESP Epic Black w/Red & White Bands Shrink 10/01/2005
IB X3800IB Yokomo Lt Blue w/Yellow X Shrink 10/01/2005
IB SC-3600 Shaded Blue Intellect 3600 Shrink 10/01/2005
IB SC-3800 Shaded Blue Intellect 3800 Shrink 10/01/2005
IB SC-3700UP White, Blue& Silver VTEC Shrink 10/01/2005
IB SC-3800UP White, Blue& Silver VTEC Shrink 10/01/2005
IP IP3800SC Red w/ White& Silver Shrink 10/01/2005

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 12-16-2005 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc
I totally agree....if you wanna be the best...you need to learn how to beat the best......
The BEST run mod.

The point is not to make one class easier but rather to provide some sort of progression to help racers become the best they can. Progression keeps things from becoming stagnant.

That said I understand there is a lot more to it than just saying... okay... you've won stock now go run mod. Developing a mod program isn't a simple task for a top tier stock driver... regardless of what most of us might think.

The Nascar to F1 comparison is apples to oranges, though. Thats like saying... you won Electric TC now go run 8th onroad.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKA
The BEST run mod.

The point is not to make one class easier but rather to provide some sort of progression to help racers become the best they can. Progression keeps things from becoming stagnant.

That said I understand there is a lot more to it than just saying... okay... you've won stock now go run mod. Developing a mod program isn't a simple task for a top tier stock driver... regardless of what most of us might think.

The Nascar to F1 comparison is apples to oranges, though. Thats like saying... you won Electric TC now go run 8th onroad.
If you won Mod Electric TC the next step would be 1/12th mod then 1/8th on-road. I really don't see how the Cup to F-1 thing is an apples to oranges comparison. F-1 is considered worldwide to be the pinnacle of motorsport, as Mod is considered within our hobby/sport. Perhaps a better comparison would be WRC as they more closely resemble "stock" cars.

My point is this, there doesn't need to be any progression. People should race the class THEY WANNA RACE. The comittment level in both time and resources to run Mod is far greater than it is to run stock. My thinking is that if this is your career you run Mod, hell it's what you get paid to do, but if you're a guy who actually works for a living, whether you get help from a manufacturer or not, you should be allowed to run stock.

You have stated it as a need for progression, but if you look at many of the other posts on this site, you'll see that more than a few of them refer to "new guys who don't stand a chance". So for many people the argument IS about making the class easier by removing faster drivers.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
My point is this, there doesn't need to be any progression.
We just disagree on this... no right or wrong.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JKA
The BEST run mod
no....theres the "best" in stock, 19t, mod, and a lot of other classes, every one is tuned to thinking they have to win the "A" main, instead of working at winning against the ten they qualified with,we are lucky, very few sports/hobbies give you the chance to race for the win against contestants at the same level.....once you master the (b,c,d......) main, then you try to improve to the next level......if cuffs, or whoever, never feel ready to change the class they run in, thats their own choice to make, but until then....you have to beat the best to be the best
Old 12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

I agree with race where you want to race but...I think it also shows poor character if you consider stomping the same 9 guys week after week fun when you could set up to a faster more difficult class and have to actually race people at your own level.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

I think they just get used to winning, so theres probably a lil comfort zone there thats hard to step up from. Some people are always on the move, never satisfied at the level they have reached, while others like to put their effort into making themselves better at the class they run or feel comfortable in, either way tho it needs to be their choice to make........
Old 12-16-2005, 05:49 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mdoc
...very few sports/hobbies give you the chance to race for the win against contestants at the same level.....once you master the (b,c,d......) main, then you try to improve to the next level......
Thats a good way to look at things. I like it. But I still feel that on a national level (and we are talking Roar nats I'm assuming) there needs to be some progression. Club racing is where you run what you wish, national level is where you prove your ability. Ideally it would be voluntary progression, but that just doesn't seem to be happening with the exception of a few.