R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #196
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FTTim
Default Isn't This Supposed To Be Fun

Maybe I missed something here, but didn't we all get in this hobby cause its FUN. Once you stop having fun you need to get a new hobby. I know many of you are very passionate about what you do, which there is nothing wrong with, but 99% of you are grown men and women, you should start acting like it.

I couldnt agree more that ROAR needs a restructuring and revamp. But do we really need all of the bashing??? Who pissed in your Cheerios?? You guys must feel real good about yourselves coming on here and bashing on the one person that tries to help. Grow up and stop acting like a bunch of two year olds with wet diapers.

And lastly, on the Stock class issue: Yes i believe its time for Cuffs and others like him to move up in the ranks. Theres only so many Stock races you can win..... But heres the flipside to that: When you have companies who are sponsoring you, and they tell you what you are going to run, and give you a bonus on top of that do you really have much choice???? This is not a slap at Jeff Cuffs by any means. He just happened to be the one mentioned earlier.

LETS GET BACK TO BASICS AND HAVE FUN!!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

"Id rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
FTTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter
The man has skills.

It even says so on the sweatband! But only after he borrows it from Ray!

Jeff have you seen any of the Vid. from the stk. race? I have been waiting on it but haven't seen it yet.

BTW who won the $100 pool game Sat. night? See ya at the Birds!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

no i havent seen and vids yet.. Hartman bitched out on the 100 dollar pool game. Ray was down Dan wasnt.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #199
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
No love tim, technically i dont own a national title. Dont hate because my stickers look sweeter then yours lol JK. Trust me bro i want to move up but when we have 40 plus drivers at our track that just want to run stock every week, its hard to run mod by your self.. Im tring to get them to run aleast 19t but theres no luck so far. lata bro ill see u at the birds.
jeff cuffs
You have one Snowbird National title....lol!

I have to back Jeff on this one. We have a driver at his local track that we are constantly asking to test his setup with a mod motor. He says the same think Jeff says...no one want to run mod.

Honestly though...I think our guy is just skeerd of mod horsepower
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:15 PM   #200
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson eagle
This april - Sept split is approximatley when people go from outdoor to indoor and vice versa. I have been buying cells during these changeover points recently. I like the idea of having fresh cells for carpet then fresh cells again for asphalt. Also being a 12th scale driver my indoor to outdoor configuration is different as I run a t-bar car on the asphalt and a link car on the carpet. I know there is some races that fall outside of this split but generally the principle shoudl hold fairly true. We could have an approved cell for the Winter season and updated approvals for the Summer season.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris
That sounds like a good split to me. I too differentiate the indoor/outdoor season in the same time frame. The only difference is mine is nitro/summer and carpet/winter but the selection of months works just the same.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:29 PM   #201
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
no i havent seen and vids yet.. Hartman bitched out on the 100 dollar pool game. Ray was down Dan wasnt.
You shoot pool? huh.... we'll have to play sometime.

Jeff
Old 12-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Have you ran a TC with IB cells in them? Or IP cells? With the new cells there is no way you should have to add weight. My Xray was 3 ounces over at all the carpet races this year with IB cells.

EA
Yes! FK05 19t foam, with IB3800's. Still needed 1 ounce, must be the ti screws (sorry about the screws, but switching from Tamiya, first thing you did is to throw the $hiity screws away, I'm kinda stuck on ti screws) and tapping the batts in. Plus lowering and cuting the shock towers to use Tam shocks (have a bunch of those laying around). The Parma Alfa body is pretty light too.
Fred
Old 12-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I know its been brought up a million times but how can you let someone off the hook for legalizing brushless in mod class the week before the nats.
Agreed. This was a sad and unfortunate move by the person presiding over this event.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:25 AM   #204
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also agree with EA "Eric" on the battery rule. I think with anything new comming out people are going to want just because they are new.

Years ago when we were running 1200mah and moved up to 1400mah and the 1700's. People were always looking for that edge. Evening having batteries specially built by Pannasonic for racing and putting a stock heat shrink on them to hide the fact that they were 1700's instead of the approved 1400's.

With the 43MM rule with an tolerance is a good idea however.... I think there should be a weight tolerance to really nail down the rule.

Maybe some of the battery companies agree on a rule.

This way.. Not that it has been happening but so you can't let's say run a 4200 maH battery with 3800mah heat shrink on it.

Just a thought...

TEAM ASSOCIATED/REEDY(1986-2005)
PROLINE RACING
MPrincip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:20 AM   #205
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrincip
I also agree with EA "Eric" on the battery rule. I think with anything new comming out people are going to want just because they are new.

Years ago when we were running 1200mah and moved up to 1400mah and the 1700's. People were always looking for that edge. Evening having batteries specially built by Pannasonic for racing and putting a stock heat shrink on them to hide the fact that they were 1700's instead of the approved 1400's.

With the 43MM rule with an tolerance is a good idea however.... I think there should be a weight tolerance to really nail down the rule.

Maybe some of the battery companies agree on a rule.

This way.. Not that it has been happening but so you can't let's say run a 4200 maH battery with 3800mah heat shrink on it.

Just a thought...
The only problem I see happening with a weight rule is the fact that the cells have to be unassymbled to be weighed properly. THis makes it a must to be BRAND NEW CELLS which will also drive the cost of racing up even more.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

I was kinda wondering when we will get an offical word from roar about batteries for 2006?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:06 AM   #207
Tech Master

i really like the once a year battery approval rule. just would like to see the date changed. I think have a twice a year approval works in some places and don't work in other like here in Florida were we run year round outdoors.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #208
Tech Regular

I really do not see anything wrong with having the approval where it is. ROAR races are the only races that mandate that the batteries must be approved to be legal. And those races are based on the January to Dec Calender year, not the winter months to the summer months. Most races that are at the end of the year are not RAOR sactioned so they have thier own discretion as to allow or not allow certain batteries. As long as the manufacturers all continue to abide by the Industry standard dimensions, people running new higher capacity cells at the end of the year(nov and Dec time frame) can already have the batteries for their racing, and then when the battery gets approved for the next years ROAR events, they will already have them. But basing the submission of approvale around one class(which is ussually dictated by weather) is not fair to all the other classes or regions that does not get affected by weather.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #209
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I personally find it awesome to be able to race angainst Cuffs and the other guys there. I get smoked week in and week out but I am getting faster every time out and learning more about how to get where these guys are. Cuffs if you want to run Mod or 19 you know alot of the other guys will follow. Hey this Sat Blackstock and Phillips want to run Mod....maybe an opportunity?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #210
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alberico
I was kinda wondering when we will get an offical word from roar about batteries for 2006?
The list should be on the website later today. Situation simply is MFG's of some cells have been producing them a bit too large.. NOT the DISTRIBUTORS.

The wording of the rule is now:

"Cells submitted for approval shall measure 43.0mm in an overall nominal length which includes the center positive button. Individual cells shall be constructed such that the overall length resulting from the combination of charging and/or conditioning never exceeds 44.0mm. This may be verified at competition technical inspections/checks."

The approval list was just distributed and will be posted.

Please, no comments of a negative nature on this one.... just understand this was a lot of work to complete for the best of the membership. Thank you guys..
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote