Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Has a new President

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKA
There are many ways to remedy this issue. Tim Potter hit on one I think is the best going... 2 approvals per year and tweak the timing.
That is a great idea as well. With the Timing being the bigest factor!!

EA
Old 12-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
That is a great idea as well. With the Timing being the bigest factor!!

EA
Yes...

so, you guys feel as though an approval mid "national" season to allow different batteries to be run is ok in your book?

Just asking.. so I can take this arguement to the board.... we are desparately trying to find the best solution to this...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Dawn: That sounds good but what if a company submits a cell at 43mm or lower then it's approved and they start sending out batches at 43.8mm how will you prove that the cells were 43mm or lower prior to cycling.

Trust me I know it's hard to come up with a good rule but I have emailed and offered to give help on this matter.

I have some great ideas and info that would help out but no one wants to talk with me over at ROAR.
Electric Off-Road Committee is very interested in this:

[email protected]
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Yes...

so, you guys feel as though an approval mid "national" season to allow different batteries to be run is ok in your book?

Just asking.. so I can take this arguement to the board.... we are desparately trying to find the best solution to this...
April 1st-Sept 1st. Pretty much all the electric nationals are between those dates. So IMO I think it would be fine. 99% of racers out there already buy the newest cells anyway....regaurdless if they are Roar legal or not. So if something comes out in the middle of summer and their local tracks are letting them run the "new cell" and the nationals are after Sept 1st then everyone will already have the "new cell" to race and it would be legal.

The way it is now a new cell comes out, everyone buys them to race at their local track and other big races then come nationals time they have to buy the older cells to race.

I guess it would be nice if people wouldnt buy the new cells before they were approved....then we wouldnt have this problem...but we all know that is NOT going to happen....

EA
Old 12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

April 1st-Sept 1st. Pretty much all the electric nationals are between those dates.
EA

Actually, they start in March and sometimes go into November. This is really the problem we are dealing with....

so, do you think a national in April could have different batteries approved than a national in November?

(again, just asking questions.... me, of all people, not looking to stir any cauldrons! LOL)
Old 12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Team EAM

I really dont see why it would matter....How many people do you know that would race a national in april and in november as well? And those that do I bet 100% of them buy batteries sometime between those dates anyway.

EA
Old 12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

I really dont see why it would matter....How many people do you know that would race a national in april and in november as well? And those that do I bet 100% of them buy batteries sometime between those dates anyway.

EA
how about an informal poll?? Anybody know how to do that here?

I'm just curious... but its gotta be more than electric on roaders....
Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

While we are discussing rule updates and changes;
How about lowering the weight limits for electric TC.
Not sure when the last change was made, but the new generation of cars do seem to be a lot lighter. Having to add 1+ ounces, trying to find the ideal location for all that lead is a real pain, especially when you only need to do it for sanctioned races or other big events.
Fred
Old 12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
While we are discussing rule updates and changes;
How about lowering the weight limits for electric TC.
Not sure when the last change was made, but the new generation of cars do seem to be a lot lighter. Having to add 1+ ounces, trying to find the ideal location for all that lead is a real pain, especially when you only need to do it for sanctioned races or other big events.
Fred
Have you ran a TC with IB cells in them? Or IP cells? With the new cells there is no way you should have to add weight. My Xray was 3 ounces over at all the carpet races this year with IB cells.

EA
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Have you ran a TC with IB cells in them? Or IP cells? With the new cells there is no way you should have to add weight. My Xray was 3 ounces over at all the carpet races this year with IB cells.

EA

Same here!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

April 1st-Sept 1st. Pretty much all the electric nationals are between those dates. So IMO I think it would be fine. 99% of racers out there already buy the newest cells anyway....regaurdless if they are Roar legal or not. So if something comes out in the middle of summer and their local tracks are letting them run the "new cell" and the nationals are after Sept 1st then everyone will already have the "new cell" to race and it would be legal.

The way it is now a new cell comes out, everyone buys them to race at their local track and other big races then come nationals time they have to buy the older cells to race.

I guess it would be nice if people wouldnt buy the new cells before they were approved....then we wouldnt have this problem...but we all know that is NOT going to happen....

EA
This april - Sept split is approximatley when people go from outdoor to indoor and vice versa. I have been buying cells during these changeover points recently. I like the idea of having fresh cells for carpet then fresh cells again for asphalt. Also being a 12th scale driver my indoor to outdoor configuration is different as I run a t-bar car on the asphalt and a link car on the carpet. I know there is some races that fall outside of this split but generally the principle shoudl hold fairly true. We could have an approved cell for the Winter season and updated approvals for the Summer season.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris
Old 12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
You make good points Bob, but I think there were 6 classes at this years On-Road nats.

Maybe you would get more entries in your regionals if people knew they had a chance to win Stock.

People Like Cuffs really hurt the Regional level racing. How many National STOCK titles does he need ?
Move up or get out. Get some integrity

The comments are not just directed at Cuffs, but the many people like him. My comments are my own, and not of ROAR in this matter

No love tim, technically i dont own a national title. Dont hate because my stickers look sweeter then yours lol JK. Trust me bro i want to move up but when we have 40 plus drivers at our track that just want to run stock every week, its hard to run mod by your self.. Im tring to get them to run aleast 19t but theres no luck so far. lata bro ill see u at the birds.
jeff cuffs
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Dawn, you think Ernie would of jumped ship like Rick ?

You told everyone Rick is da Man .....

leadership & all....

Life Jacket ?
Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jeff,

Maybe that was a little harsh, but you get my point.... and your stuff is PIMP

I'll be at he birds.... see ya there

BTW, I am not Cuffs hater.... The man has skills. Jeff and top line racers like him have no true incentive to move up, if anything companies that give thier stock drivers cash bonus's actually make it more difficult.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

tim did u buy a vinyl printer if so what one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.