Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What does everyone use for hex drivers? tools? >

What does everyone use for hex drivers? tools?

What does everyone use for hex drivers? tools?

Old 01-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

i think i am just going to buy the hudy 9 peice tool set, since i run xray as well
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Get the drivers and hexes that fit your hands. I started with AE hexes just because I was driving an AE car .. I now use Integy Hexes and a few Trinity Nut drivers just because the larger handles fit my big hands better than the small AE's and the dollar store cheapy nut drivers .. I do still use the cheapy dollar store regular screw drivers for motor maintanence.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've been using 3 metric MIP/Thorp drivers for years, never had to send them back for reshaping (nice that MIP does a service for that, but that means they are not replaceable like Hudy/other drivers). I like the heft and handle shape of the MIP drivers. I've got some HB/generic drivers that I used as temporary replacements, but mainly now I use the 3mm one (because that's the only size I don't have in MIP wrenches), it's fine, it's like the other hollow alum. drivers out there. I have a couple of 3Racing drivers but their thin drivers have a tendency to break, so I have a broken one and a couple of nut drivers.

I'll likely start slowly switching to the Profitools from Hudy, I like the feel of them and want a matching set after all this time I just wish they offered a set of drivers instead of buying them individually (also wished they had nut drivers), but they are reasonably priced. Their professional range can grind at your hands and fingertips if you're doing a lot of wrenching or building.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hudy, MIP Thorp, and Mugen are very good as far as tips are concerned. I have the MIP and Integy for electric and Hudy for nitro. The checkered aluminum handles of the Hudy help a lot when you have oil and crap in your hands(but just like Frank said, if you have girly soft hands, they can be a bit rough ). I also like the 120mm shafts. Did I say I like Hudy nutdrivers too? Just buy the best that you can afford and enjoy.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I use the integy hex wrenchs, dynamite nut drivers metric & standard. Stanley multi screwdriver phillips & flathead in one. Cheap needle nose & standard pliers. I think my integy hex wrenchs are a different style. The sizes listed seem to be engraved into the handles. I haven't broken any of my tools ever. I take proper care of my tools to last me.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

yeah i have been thinking about getting the profitools, but i don;t like how there is no nut drivers, kinda a downer there.

I am currently waiting to see what the new pro-grip tools from integy look like, they are supposed to be released soon.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a mixture of Integy, dynamite, craftsman, and Wiha.
I like the Wiha they are great hex wrenches. They also carry nut drivers.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I use Integy for electric offroad and Hudy for 1/8 scale offroad. The Hudy tools are well worth the money
Old 01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I use the 3 racng ones, IMO very good quality and for the price, around $8 each, but the Hudy ones are the best to have if your budget can stretch that far
Old 01-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hudy

Where is the best place to buy the hudy ones?
Old 01-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

SnapOn Tools, work great and guaranteed FOREVER and the price is in the ball park. Great feel and the leverage cannot be improved upon.

Last edited by Tucker; 01-21-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I bought my Hudy tools from Stormer Hobbies.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The Integy tools are decent for the money (just avoid their stock motors), nicely anodized and comfy.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by 6g72tt
Where is the best place to buy the hudy ones?
Integy have a nice set, and you can't go wrong with HUDY. Even their ProfiTools are nice, same tip with a plastic handle instead of aluminum.
Check out: http://www.rcinfusion.com/ProductLis...=1&SectionID=0 for details.

Regards,
Rob
Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Your hex drivers are probably the most used tool so you want a set that feels comfortable. If you have a local hobby shop or track, ask to handle the the wrenches from the different manufacturers. I started with an Integy set, which was reasonably priced but the handles just felt "ok". Then I tried a friend's Losi wrench. Great quality and the handle shape felt very comfortable in my hand. Since I run both Xray and AE, I ended up getting both the standard and metric hex and socket Losi drivers. A bit expensive but I feel it was one of my better investments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.