Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
What is a good basic electronics set up for those cars? Looking into a 2.4 ghz radio setup. Just wondering what esc people are using for silver cans? is there a good esc that will let me run both silver cans and brushless?

Thanks!
I use a Momba Max Pro for both. Silver can motors work good with the reversible brushed setup, lots of power. The high power brushed setup seems to run slower. Use it for brushless bashing in my truck in the winter, gets as much speed with a 2cell lipo as a traxxas vxl with a 3cell lipo.

Last edited by beast_C_A_T; 05-24-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default New to TT01 racing

Can someone school me on TT01 gear ratio's???

I am new to TT01 racing... I am in a stock spec class and ran a
(61 Spur/ 22 Pinion) last race and seemed to be getting left behind..

So how does the gear ratios work???
What gives me more top end speed or what is better with lots of tight corners?

Thanks

~ska
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Ska,

For the TT-01, very simply, go with these spur gears (use the 55 tooth) and this pinion. This will give you a final drive ratio of 5.11, the highest you can get (easily - which means without modifying or going aftermarket)

Hope that helps!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

What motor mount position do you use with the (55 spur/28 pinion)???
Motor mount position (a),(b),(c),(d).

Thanks again for the tips.

~ska

Last edited by ska_seattle; 06-07-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

just got my tt-01 a few weeks ago

s14 silvia body
s2000 body
cusco wrx body
aluminum shaft
sport tuned motor
heat sink
5000m battery
carbon upper deck
ball bearings
locked rear diff
spare hpi te-37 wheels with hpi drift tires

ran it today on the stock radial tires at the local on-road track... popped a tire and flipped the car like 4 times...lol
Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default My VTA TT-01

Hey guys,

thought i would let you know how my TT-01 went on the weekend.
i bought a pre loved 3 racing carbon chassis tt-01 with all the bling one can throw at the girl. Looked absolutely awesome with not a scratch on it..

I ran a Novak Havoc 3s with a novak 17.5. 3800 lipo. The body is a 1976 XC Falcon Coupe. Aussie muscle classic.

Had a ball with it, no where near fast enough to give my stock xray t2 a run but with those radial tyres, how much fun are they.

Slippery as for the first 3 laps, then as the heat grabbed was great to pitch her into the corner, and then nail it out with all four wheels barking.

We run a 24 second per lap rule, where anything goes, but has to be no less than 24sec. VTA is the obvious preference, but we allow all amateurs to enter.

Full race day without it flipping once, felt very grounded and once the tyres heated was a very predictable handling vehicle.

This has been the best purchase i ever made for my son, i just wish he would grow a bit so he can use his toys.. at least i am keeping it operational... LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My kit is a TT01 with TEU 401 BK ESC and a stock 540 motor I'm planning to upgrade the motor and its ESC what is the best recommended 13.5 combo available in the market which is not that expensive but competitive which I can also use in the future for other kits such as TRF 416 or a 417.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mon
My kit is a TT01 with TEU 401 BK ESC and a stock 540 motor I'm planning to upgrade the motor and its ESC what is the best recommended 13.5 combo available in the market which is not that expensive but competitive which I can also use in the future for other kits such as TRF 416 or a 417.
Hobbywing XERUN combos are worth a look.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ska_seattle
What motor mount position do you use with the (55 spur/28 pinion)???
Motor mount position (a),(b),(c),(d).

Thanks again for the tips.

~ska
Here is a helpful chart:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1312261046

so 55/28 is the D position.

TT01 has an internal gearing ratio of 2.6:1
If you are using 55/28, this spur/pinion ratio is: 1.96
So your final drive ratio is: 1.96 x 2.6 ~ 5.1
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-tt01_gearing.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just buy a TT01R, next year I'd like to compete in TT01 class at the Tamiya National here in Italy.

Just curious, after years of high end touring class, to see where I sit in blocked class....

From my youth I know that blocked doesn't means "equal".... Normally a blocked class means you've to care of every single part twice as much of the open class.

And I've to master the TT01 tricks....

Question, I'm mad in love for Porsche 911, so it would be a nice plus for me (otherwise it will be a BMW WTCC body, my other passion....)

There is a real advantage with the short wheel base? Better stay with the long option?

Bear in mind that (by now) 2 degree rear block are forbidden, so rear toe will be 0.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Giorgio
Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TT-01d Type E help Servo,ESC, and receiver/Transmitter

I am in the process of getting my Tamiya TT-01D Type-E and was wondering if my Servo,receiver and transmitter off my old sportwerks raven st will work their names are ...
Receiver-Sportwerks RX-270 27MHz 2 channnel am receiver
Transmitter-Sportwerks 2 channel AM Radio
Servo-Sportwerks S-100 Servo
I also have some questions about the esc that comes with the kit.
I Have Also a dynamite Tazer 15T ESC, Is this a better choice than the one included in the kit?
also any tips for first time drifter?
Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Anyone here running a TT01 brushless with lipo? I just picked up my 4th TT chassis after racing them for a few years and taking a break and I now want to go BL and lipo. I am used to running these in TCS events but not at high speed. I never thought this chassis could handle BL power,so I never tried it. This time around I want to make one into a speed car just for playing around. I'm thinking of something in the 4000KV range to start with. I have seen other brushless setups in this chassis on vide o but I want to know how it will hold up in the long run. What can I improve upon in the gear train to withstand high power? I have heard some survive with the stock trans,others grenade. Your thoughts?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Giorgio
I just buy a TT01R, next year I'd like to compete in TT01 class at the Tamiya National here in Italy.

Just curious, after years of high end touring class, to see where I sit in blocked class....

From my youth I know that blocked doesn't means "equal".... Normally a blocked class means you've to care of every single part twice as much of the open class.

And I've to master the TT01 tricks....

Question, I'm mad in love for Porsche 911, so it would be a nice plus for me (otherwise it will be a BMW WTCC body, my other passion....)

There is a real advantage with the short wheel base? Better stay with the long option?

Bear in mind that (by now) 2 degree rear block are forbidden, so rear toe will be 0.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Giorgio
I have not used the SWB as yet so cannot comment but I have heard that it does not suffer from as much understeer as the standard length does.

Just make sure that everything is super smoothe and that your driving lines are bang on everytime and you should be ok.

Bearings should be washed and then oiled with thin bearing oil....well that is if you are allowed bearings
We are allowed most Tamiya hop ups for the TT01 but the tyres are limited to the racing radials or slicks with silver cans and stock TEU101 or TEU104 esc's.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedemall
Anyone here running a TT01 brushless with lipo? I just picked up my 4th TT chassis after racing them for a few years and taking a break and I now want to go BL and lipo. I am used to running these in TCS events but not at high speed. I never thought this chassis could handle BL power,so I never tried it. This time around I want to make one into a speed car just for playing around. I'm thinking of something in the 4000KV range to start with. I have seen other brushless setups in this chassis on vide o but I want to know how it will hold up in the long run. What can I improve upon in the gear train to withstand high power? I have heard some survive with the stock trans,others grenade. Your thoughts?

Thanks
<-------------club racer also, ITA.

I have raced my out of the box TT-01 for years with a 13.5/17.5 brushless and lipo. No problems. I suggest changing the drive shaft from plastic to alumium. Both of those motors spin the shaft fast enough that they deform and wobble. No other changes necessary. YMMV.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tt-01d Type E or regular tt-01d?

i am wondering if getting a tt01 type e will be worth the extra bit of money. not so sure on the differences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.