Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes, I've seen this happen. You may have a damaged chassis where it holds the spur gear assembly in place allowing the input shaft/spur gear assembly to move around too much. Thankfully a replacement plastic chassis is pretty cheap for a TT-01. I've swapped one out in about 1/2 hour.

If that isn't the problem, I've seen a TT-01 have a problem where the plastic black bushing didn't want to seat properly on the spur gear and hold it into place when installed (refer to your instructions). I'm not sure if was a bad spur or if it was the wrong spur. I just replaced it with a new spur from a package of 55t/58t that was labeled for use with the TT-01. Tamiya Part#53665.

The Tamiya F201 spur gears could be used on the TT-01, but have to be slightly modified to fit properly.
(R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum)
The F201 had a 55t or 52t spur, but it should have been obvious that it was the wrong spur because the TT-01 black plastic bushing wouldn't have fit properly.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
I would slap a good set of bearings, buy the alum drive shaft so it does not snap crackle pop, go somewhere in the 7.xx FDR range with a 55 turn motor min lol.. Weight place evenly. How heavy is your kid? Make the trailer to most of the work and just have the Hahn be the torque monster to pull it
45 pounds at the moment...

I did order my truck, it should be here today.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I tried resurrecting my old tt01r, and I have the same problem. Tried, shimming the input shaft so the spur gear doesn't touch the chassis, but it's impossible, because the entire assembly is "floating". I shaved away about a milimeter of the area where the spur gear touches, and the spur gear didn't melt yet, but there is another problem.

When driven outdoors, rear half of the chassis flexes so much, tiny pebble gets stuck on the spur gear almost every time i drive it. It happens almost every time with high predictability, especially if i drive over a crack on the pavement, so I gave up on the tt01.

Originally Posted by sosidge
Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced problems with the TT-01 "melting" the area around the rear spur gear.

I'm running a TT-01E in a vintage series called the Iconic Cup, but I am struggling with the above issue.

I made a bad effort at sliding the rear propellor joint through the spur gear during a rebuild. It looks like the pin didn't locate properly inside the spur, leaving me with a damaged spur and the spacer that goes over it. This probably cooked a motor as well.

I replaced the wrecked parts and although the propellor joint was worn, it seemed OK to re-use (this the the TT-01E hop-up part by the way). However the centre of the spur and spacer melted in the first run again.

Is it possible that the tub has been warped, or that there is some general issue with the TT-01E hop up propellor shaft? I had an original TT-01 a number of years ago and it had none of these problems.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Took the car apart this evening and there is a lot of damage around the chassis and spur hub. Something is causing this but hard to tell exactly what. I'm going to replace all the parts and cross my fingers that it gives me the solution.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay need some suggestions here guys
I got loads of push when I'm driving on asphalt
What can I do to eliminate it???
I tried a bunch of different stuff, but Im gonna go from scratch with your suggestions
Ive got oil shocks all the way around and run a brushed motor with Tamiya stock tires
That's my limitations for this class (The rules for TCS!)

Mike
Old 05-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Okay need some suggestions here guys
I got loads of push when I'm driving on asphalt
What can I do to eliminate it???
I tried a bunch of different stuff, but Im gonna go from scratch with your suggestions
Ive got oil shocks all the way around and run a brushed motor with Tamiya stock tires
That's my limitations for this class (The rules for TCS!)

Mike

The TT-01 has a solid rear suspension. The front is play city. Try this:
-install Hard(Blue) Rear Springs
-install Medium(Yellow) Rear Sway-Bar (if you got them)

Good Luck
Old 05-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
The TT-01 has a solid rear suspension. The front is play city. Try this:
-install Hard(Blue) Rear Springs
-install Medium(Yellow) Rear Sway-Bar (if you got them)

Good Luck
I've got those springs if you need em @KA2AEV
Old 05-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks! Ive got the springs, Is the sway bars installed on the front or both?
Old 06-03-2017, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think just the front.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

If the chassis is giving you too much Understeer with the harder springs; you can install the Lightest Sway Bar in the Rear(try it).
Old 06-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
If the chassis is giving you too much Understeer with the harder springs; you can install the Lightest Sway Bar in the Rear(try it).
Thanks Guy! Appreciate the suggestion!
Hope to meet you on "The Beach" this summer in Staten Island!!!
Mike
Old 06-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey KA2AEV; I'm gonna try to get to that Staten Island track. But; I/we(my kids and I) can only run on weekdays during the summer. I work during the weekend. I gonna have to take a weekend off; just to race.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm looking to upgrade the TT01E with a bearing set. Would I better off buying one of the kit sets or buying the different size bearings needed individually and possibly having spares?

I've never bought bearings for any of my kits before, buying a set for my kit seems simpler. Is buying the individual bearings a better deal, better quality?

Looks like I would need:
5 x 11 x 4 qty 12
8 x 12 x 3.5 qty 4
5 x 8 x 2.5 qty 4
Old 08-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jsapata
I'm looking to upgrade the TT01E with a bearing set. Would I better off buying one of the kit sets or buying the different size bearings needed individually and possibly having spares?

I've never bought bearings for any of my kits before, buying a set for my kit seems simpler. Is buying the individual bearings a better deal, better quality?

Looks like I would need:
5 x 11 x 4 qty 12
8 x 12 x 3.5 qty 4
5 x 8 x 2.5 qty 4
Somewhere like Avidrc.com should have the set pretty cheap. Check there or other bearing sites. The Tamiya set is pricey.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

So.. what's the best technique for doing tire gluing? The rollovers at the local black carpet track are frustrating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.