Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the input, but I mile the fact that it can run anywhere too. I love the closed gearboxes and driveshaft, and closed spur gear.

I think I will stick with the TT-01 for that reason. I guess my next pickup will include bearings--are there any particular brand that are good? Tower sells the Tamiya ones for $18 which is a little steep... And if I get CVD's I will probably ebay it or get it from RC mart.

Have you guys heard about the TT-01E? Do we know if it will be compatable with the original chassis'? Tower has listings for the TT-01E parts trees, so I dunno if they'll fit the original or not.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Thanks for the input, but I mile the fact that it can run anywhere too. I love the closed gearboxes and driveshaft, and closed spur gear.

I think I will stick with the TT-01 for that reason. I guess my next pickup will include bearings--are there any particular brand that are good? Tower sells the Tamiya ones for $18 which is a little steep... And if I get CVD's I will probably ebay it or get it from RC mart.

Have you guys heard about the TT-01E? Do we know if it will be compatable with the original chassis'? Tower has listings for the TT-01E parts trees, so I dunno if they'll fit the original or not.
The tub, differentials, and major parts are all the same. The front brace, battery brace, upper deck, steering, and hubs are different (A and D parts trees). The shock towers and gearbox covers are two separate pieces now. More information can be found on the product page:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58402

As for the bearings, I'd go with the Tamiya ones for $18 bucks unless you find the equivalent that is less after shipping from overseas. It's a good price in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, I am curious how the Yeah racing and Xspeed and Topcad and GPM (wow...a lot, huh?) shocks all compare to each other. I have had good experience with GPM, but this Yeah racing shock seems to be the best value.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25326
Old 03-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shocks

Hey guys, I am curious how the Yeah racing and Xspeed and Topcad and GPM (wow...a lot, huh?) shocks all compare to each other. I have had good experience with GPM, but this Yeah racing shock seems to be the best value.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25326
Mooshu,

I can only comment on the Yeah Racing. Imho they are rubbish.
The thread on the collar is coarse - this does not allow for fine adjustment.
And they leak lots. The mounting system has a lot of slop.

I get better results with Tamiya CVA (so long as I use some shock slime).

I recommend TRF shocks, I know they are expensive - but you won't look back.

Kevin
Old 03-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Has anybody a solution | replacement for the front 'suspension balls' or 'olive rings' that come in the P Parts bag.

I have seen in online shops brass ones from Hobbysave, but out of production.
And hard flourine coated ones from Square which I can get from Rainbow.

Has anyone experience with either of these?

Kevin
Old 03-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Ok guys, bit of a dissappointment.

I finally got a 48P 72T robinson spur, 48P 23T pinion & Pro 4 spur gear adaptor. after many hours of cutting, sanding & what not, i could not get it to fit into the gear cover of the bathtub TT01 chassis. On the rear propeller shaft joint, the hole where the pin sits into it seemd to be too far backwards & the adaptor hits on the bearing housing at the rear. A simple solution would be to drill another little hole a few mm in front of the existing hole to allow the adaptor to sit foward more, but because i dont have a drill, & i would rather it get done with a drill press for a more precise alignment, i could not fit it. Im getting someone to do it for me that has access to a drill press, & i will get back to you.

On a bright note, the 48P 72T spur is nearly the exact same size as the standard 61T spur, i took a guess with this spur and thankfully it turned out to be a tiny bit bigger in diameter, but not by much. So after test fitments the 48P 72T spur fitted into the mount even with the gear cover on.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, it's like trying to fit a V8 into a prius, eh?

Good luck with that. I love tweaking with things like that when I get the chance, and it's a lot of fun to follow the progress of that too.

At this point, I'll stick with my friction shocks. I don't think I'll be getting into oil shocks for a while...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
Ok guys, bit of a dissappointment.

I finally got a 48P 72T robinson spur, 48P 23T pinion & Pro 4 spur gear adaptor. after many hours of cutting, sanding & what not, i could not get it to fit into the gear cover of the bathtub TT01 chassis. On the rear propeller shaft joint, the hole where the pin sits into it seemd to be too far backwards & the adaptor hits on the bearing housing at the rear. A simple solution would be to drill another little hole a few mm in front of the existing hole to allow the adaptor to sit foward more, but because i dont have a drill, & i would rather it get done with a drill press for a more precise alignment, i could not fit it. Im getting someone to do it for me that has access to a drill press, & i will get back to you.

On a bright note, the 48P 72T spur is nearly the exact same size as the standard 61T spur, i took a guess with this spur and thankfully it turned out to be a tiny bit bigger in diameter, but not by much. So after test fitments the 48P 72T spur fitted into the mount even with the gear cover on.
nice. i'm sure this can be done. any pic?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

no piccies yet, but i will post a pic when the prop shaft joint comes back from the engineer, will post a pic of the joint itself & fitted to the bathtub chassis...
Old 03-18-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

anybody tried
TB01 88T Spur Gear
Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vinsedprince
anybody tried
TB01 88T Spur Gear
The hole through the middle is larger than the tt-01 drive shaft
Old 03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If that is the case then you'd be better off getting the TB02. The suspension is like night and day compared to a TT01.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am assuming you mean that the Suspension is much better than the TT-01, and not the other way around?

Hmm I am looking at the TB-01. Looks great . How strong are the turnbuckles that adjust camber on there? I would be doing street drifting/driving and now will be getting brushless. For that reason, I think I'll stick with the TT-01 because all the arms are solid, and parts are regularly found. Unless someone were to sell me a TB-02 for a good price, I'll stick with my TT-01
Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

... Unless someone were to sell me a TB-02 for a good price, I'll stick with my TT-01
It has baffled me why Tamiya has SOOOO MANY models. I understand that their attention to the cars scale apearance separates Tamiya from the other brands and sometimes that drives chassis differences; but I don't see why the TT-01, TB-02, and TL-01 are all made. Seems like the TT-01 is best for a capable budget car, TA-05 for mid range, 4xx for high end (M-odd for mini front, M-even for mini rear for specialty) and can be adapted to any body style they want to produce.

I'd hate to be a parts store and have to stock such a wide variety of parts for the TT, TB, TL when the target market is the same.

But hey, it's Mr. Tamiya's company not mine; sorry for the ramblings! ok, I feel better now that I've vented. Go Tamiya.

Last edited by RaceBucks; 03-18-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I question as well. It seems so odd... Do we know the order in which they came out? If I had to guess, it was TL, TT and then TB, but they kept all of them going.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.