Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the Tamiya TA05 looks a bit like a belt drive TC3/4
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to anthony390

they should make the ring gears and bevel gears on shaft cars 64 pitch or some other pitch to make the car a bit quiter

dont you guys think that to
anthony390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

but also keep the same overall gear ratio
Old 12-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I wish Tcs could have slipper clutche like offroad cars.

With these low turn brusless motors the diffs can't go long without a rebuild. At least with the TC4. It would take some of the stress off of the diffs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AEs getting left behind. You just can't get the batteries closer to the center line of the chassis without an offset two belt design. I don't know, but I hear very little good things about it at the track.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20
There is always a TC4 in the A main at major races. Just look at Cleveland, might not have won the race but still there, Baker is always one of the top 2 or 3 to beat.
ok well , there must be somthing wrong with the car or else the post wouldnt of been made, im not saying the car sucks, but it must be missing a lil somthing,somthing that im pretty sure AE is smart enough to make rite, i have always had AE cars, but i think they slacked a lil this year, and it hurt

Last edited by BiggAlz; 12-06-2005 at 10:28 PM.
BiggAlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgersfan
Just imagine if Barry had a LOSI!
Yeah he would be in the B main..same place the dodgers are in..
If I remember right a TC4 WON the Reedy race..

Last edited by xxxkat; 12-06-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAlz
i really dont think the belt is what is making the other cars so much better, i would have to guess its chassis and suspension design,i think AE made a pretty copy of a tc3 with there new car, thats why they are slow.......IMO

Goes to show how much you know. Especially since Corally based the suspension geometry of the RDX off the TC3.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

I didn't want to reply to this post but the little guy on my left shoulder made me do it!

(Please do not read into the following as I am trying to make this sound as nice as I can and I am not try to talk down to anyone)

Does Associated need a belt car? If you want a belt car, go buy one. Don't buy an Associated and then complain that they don't make a belt car. That's like buying a car and complaining that it doesn't have enough horsepower or buying a truck with a V10 and 4;10 in the rear and then yelling at Ford because it only gets 10 miles to the gallon. You knew what it was before you bought it. If you do not like it shame on you for buying it in the first place.

I applaud Associated and the others like them that don't feel the need to output 2-3 different cars at once or come out with a new car every 6 months. I, like others feel into the Tamiya trap. Then Yokomo with like 4 cars out at the same time....WTF. And now X-Ray with a new car every 6 months...man after 6 months with my RDX I feel am I just getting the hang of the car and I would be extremely pissed if they had a new one come out now.

Shaft was the hot thing when it first came out and everyone had to have one. Then all the manufactures (well at least most of them) had to have a shaft car as well. Now people are switching back to belt. Is this a problem..NO. Does this mean that shaft drives stink or cannot be competitive...NO. Both cars have their place and both cars require different driving styles. Plain and simple, most people are switching back to belts simply because the belt cars are typically smoother and more forgiving to drive becuase of the power delivery methods differ. Does this make them a better choice...HECK NO! It depends on driver style and personal preference.

OK, now point #2

Fella's please keep in mind that when the TC3 came out, it didn't win anything for over a year. Then once the guys figured it out you couldn't stop it from winning for the next three years (not even the X-ray guys.... ) So far the FT TC4 has had a better showing at this stage in it's life cycle than the TC3 did during the same time. Plus the team effort has really seen to have fallen behind. Barry and Craig D. (from across the pond) have really been the only team drivers to step up their game. The rest of the guys have been flat. I mean, Associated has one driver that can drive anything on carpet and win but (insert his name here and you know who I am talking about) is no where to be seen.

Ok, flame away...I expect it especially after the X-Ray comment
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #24
Tech Master

double post...

-Me
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
I didn't want to reply to this post but the little guy on my left shoulder made me do it!

(Please do not read into the following as I am trying to make this sound as nice as I can and I am not try to talk down to anyone)

Does Associated need a belt car? If you want a belt car, go buy one. Don't buy an Associated and then complain that they don't make a belt car. That's like buying a car and complaining that it doesn't have enough horsepower or buying a truck with a V10 and 4;10 in the rear and then yelling at Ford because it only gets 10 miles to the gallon. You knew what it was before you bought it. If you do not like it shame on you for buying it in the first place.

I applaud Associated and the others like them that don't feel the need to output 2-3 different cars at once or come out with a new car every 6 months. I, like others feel into the Tamiya trap. Then Yokomo with like 4 cars out at the same time....WTF. And now X-Ray with a new car every 6 months...man after 6 months with my RDX I feel am I just getting the hang of the car and I would be extremely pissed if they had a new one come out now.

Shaft was the hot thing when it first came out and everyone had to have one. Then all the manufactures (well at least most of them) had to have a shaft car as well. Now people are switching back to belt. Is this a problem..NO. Does this mean that shaft drives stink or cannot be competitive...NO. Both cars have their place and both cars require different driving styles. Plain and simple, most people are switching back to belts simply because the belt cars are typically smoother and more forgiving to drive becuase of the power delivery methods differ. Does this make them a better choice...HECK NO! It depends on driver style and personal preference.

OK, now point #2

Fella's please keep in mind that when the TC3 came out, it didn't win anything for over a year. Then once the guys figured it out you couldn't stop it from winning for the next three years (not even the X-ray guys.... ) So far the FT TC4 has had a better showing at this stage in it's life cycle than the TC3 did during the same time. Plus the team effort has really seen to have fallen behind. Barry and Craig D. (from across the pond) have really been the only team drivers to step up their game. The rest of the guys have been flat. I mean, Associated has one driver that can drive anything on carpet and win but (insert his name here and you know who I am talking about) is no where to be seen.

Ok, flame away...I expect it especially after the X-Ray comment

STRAIGHT UP
Old 12-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
STRAIGHT UP
There's a sucker born every minute. Tamiya knows this and now XRay is catching on. I pitty those who buy a new car just because the one they own is now "old."

It boils down to this: There are 2 philosophies in the RC car market...

1. Take alot of time to design a product as well as possible. Release and improve slowly over time.

2. Quickly get design to market. Sell car. Take notes on what works and what doesn't. Release new car....repeat.

Hate to break it to you folks...but you're paying XRay and Tamiya to do their beta-testing for them. I hope Corally keeps the RDX around for a long time and releases small, effective and affordable improvements for it. 'Cause I know thats what Associated is going to do with the TC4.

Come to think of it...if Associated was out to bilk ( <--- Real word) their customers like XRay, we'd be driving TC8s!!!

-Me
Old 12-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
There's a sucker born every minute. Tamiya knows this and now XRay is catching on. I pitty those who buy a new car just because the one they own is now "old."

It boils down to this: There are 2 philosophies in the RC car market...

1. Take alot of time to design a product as well as possible. Release and improve slowly over time.

2. Quickly get design to market. Sell car. Take notes on what works and what doesn't. Release new car....repeat.

Hate to break it to you folks...but you're paying XRay and Tamiya to do their beta-testing for them. I hope Corally keeps the RDX around for a long time and releases small, effective and affordable improvements for it. 'Cause I know thats what Associated is going to do with the TC4.

Come to think of it...if Associated was out to bilk ( <--- Real word) their customers like XRay, we'd be driving TC8s!!!
why are you talking to me i drive a hella old tl-o1 and a hpi rs4
Old 12-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

i also drive the tc3
Old 12-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I drive the Japanese TC3..HPI Pro4.. ..and yes i do win with it.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony390
why are you talking to me i drive a hella old tl-o1 and a hpi rs4

I was agreeing with you when you said "straight up!"

-Me