R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Battery filing jig?

Is there a company that makes one for the 3800s? It would be nice to have a device that made perfect strait edges and kepted the angle perfect for each cell. Something that would make it easier and faster.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

the best way to do cells i have found is to sho goo them before you solder.. I use an old chassis plate.. glue the cells, and place them in the slots.. let them dry then solder them together.. doing it this way glues them to a perfect fit for the car..

Now i run hyperform stuff to, so mine are factory glued.. they do a killer job to..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I normally just use a 3mm thick steel plating clamp on top and under the chassis. I them make sure that I leave about 2-3mm spacing on the top and run a dremel and always does a good job. Hopefully you can understand what I m trying to say.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
lost

wad i do is i use sticky tape and bundle the whole load of cells together after neatly arranging it ...
tats by far to me the cheapest and reliable method.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The IB's fit in my Dean's jig just fine, I've done 4 packs with no problems at all
Old 12-06-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Like others have said, the Dean's battery jig works fine.

Or are you asking about something that actually holds the cell while you scuff or sand the poles or the battery before you solder?

If you are, I cannot understand why you would ever come close to needing one. I just hold the cell in one hand and the dremel in the other...perfect every time.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
Like others have said, the Dean's battery jig works fine.

Or are you asking about something that actually holds the cell while you scuff or sand the poles or the battery before you solder?

If you are, I cannot understand why you would ever come close to needing one. I just hold the cell in one hand and the dremel in the other...perfect every time.
He's not talking about either, he's asking about battery SLOT filing on the car's chassis, not about assembling packs. And as far as I know, no, there is no jig for that, everyone I know of(myself included) has just done it by trial & error....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob
He's not talking about either, he's asking about battery SLOT filing on the car's chassis, not about assembling packs. And as far as I know, no, there is no jig for that, everyone I know of(myself included) has just done it by trial & error....

It's laboring and I wish companies would just do it. It can't be that expensive. I would pay an extra $10-15 for the kit to have it done perfect.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote