R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well guys, I have been doing some testing today ( found some empty netball courts) and am still having problems

I tried a receiver cap. No difference. Tried a bigger cap. No difference. Tried both caps at the same time.... No difference Turned the speedcontroll 90 degrees as Charlie suggested with no difference. Tried a different servo also with no difference.

While i was testing i noticed a few things. I drove the car away from me at a reasonable distance and tried driving the car around at that distance. I noticed that no matter how much or how little throttle input i applied it made the glitch. I could ever so lightly dab the throttle to just get the car rolling and it would glitch. So its not that the motor is drawing large amounts of power from the receiver. And the car doesn't glitch UNTIL i hit the gas. So i don't think its going out of range either although it seems that way. It would just go out of control all over the place if that was it. It is only happening when i apply the throttle ( any amount of throttle will do it no matter how small). And all other times it is fine. I don't know what's going on
Timox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I experienced the same thing with my 5800 when i drove it at my local bashing yard. (more smooth flat concrete than you can poke a stick at..)

Turns out my aerial fell down inside the antenna and was only about 1/2 up.
Stretched it back out and wedge the end under a rubber cap and voila.
Perfect again.

Whenever i run my aerial at less than full extension, i get the same glitching (more of a throttle dead-spot and random steering) at the same spot about 20m away.

I know it all sounds simple but have a look at your receiver.

hope that helps.. or at least gives you hope that it might be easily fixed..

Cheers!
AngryAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:50 AM   #18
Tech Regular

My aerial sticks out the top of the antenna tube by about 1" or so. So thats not the problem Thanks for the tip anyway.

I am starting to think its a compatibility issue with the 40meg JR receiver.I
don't actually have any other receivers to try so cant be sure. But i would
almost bet money on it that a receiver from KO, Futaba or anything that's
NOT JR would fix the problem.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:02 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Timox

I used to have the same problems with my pan cars equipped with Novak Brushless. My Yokomo SD TC also suffered but it was very seldom. The problem is serious at this huge track in kelang. There are two lamp posts there and i have seen many EP and Nitro cars crashing there. I broke mine too and struggled to find solutions. I have tried all kinds of solutions to minimize noise and interference and none worked until I bought Spektrum.

Once I upgraded to Spektrum, I no longer had any glitch of any kind. My guess is, Novak brushless system emits more noise and interference if compared to V2 or conventional brush motors. The only cure so far is by not using Novak brushless or to simply use Spektrum. You have two options. Hell, Novak brushless is great, i would rather spend money on Spektrum.
azmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #20
Tech Addict

FYI - i'm running a JR XS-3 with my 5800....

no probs so far.

It's synth on 40MHz FM.

oh.. good luck btw..

my GTB arrives soon. I'll share the pain if my system does the same.

Cheers..
Old 12-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAsian
my GTB arrives soon. I'll share the pain if my system does the same.

Cheers..
I hope you don't. It is a real pain.

I am getting a Spektrum for Christmas for my R1 radio system so am hoping that will fix everything Hopefully i get the right Spektrum and not the one with the lag problem.

Quote:
My guess is, Novak brushless system emits more noise and interference if compared to V2 or conventional brush motors. The only cure so far is by not using Novak brushless or to simply use Spektrum.
Yeah i am starting to think the same

I will let you all know how things work out with the Spektrum when i get it
Old 12-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Okay.. so i got the GTB installed and wow.

Firstly.. the GTB kicks out a whole bunch of interference. Just having the set-up out of car on my table, the resultant glitching could only be described as violent.

Oddly, the 5800 was very calm. No glitches ever..

In car, i had to remove the reciever and re-mountit as far away and as high as possible.

otherwise, it's a happy story for me. No glitching. Nothing.
(i did have a mysterious shut-down though... a reciver prob.) the car lost all control, but lucky no throttle input. Just dead-stick into a wall.