Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saddle Packs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Saddle Packs

were ca find info on how to convert my stock pack to a saddle pack on my sport 2. is it really complicated or what. what are the pros and cons of a sddle pack. from doing searches it seems that u get a better run time. is this true. also how long does it take to convert to a stick pack. i have to buy a special holder for them right. the pro2 saddel pack holder should work on my sport2 correct. also will i have room for a saddle pack on my car. i put all the electrical stuff were the manual says to put it. those cut outs in my chassie were the batteries would sit if i had a saddel pack are all there and nothing is blocking them. is that all the room i need. those 3 cut outs on either side of my chassie. may be a lil confusing sorry.
Old 10-13-2001, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a site that gives you step by step instructions on converting stick packs to saddle packs.

http://www.balakracing.com/stick.htm

If you are running a sport 2 you will need to purchase the pro 2 battery trays and hold down straps. The servo will be on the right side (passenger side) and the speed control will be on the left side. The receiver will sit on the top deck.
Old 10-13-2001, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

the advantages of using a saddle pack vs a stick pack on your pro2 are:
- you can use a battery tray to equalize your cells.
- if you get hit from the side, the stick pack might eject (happened to me on several occasions before i switched to saddle. also, my chassis got torn off where the stick pack holder was screwed on.)
- you car will handle slightly better because of better weight distribution.
- if you just file the battery slots and use strapping tape (though not very convenient), your car will have a lower center of gravity because the cells sit lower on the chassis.

the disadvantage would be if the saddle packs eject on their slots, they may short because the cells are close together when you mount them. it helps if you put electrical tape on one side of the cells to prevent this.