Community
Wiki Posts
Search

see if this is overpriced!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default see if this is overpriced!

i am selling a LRP Quantum Competiton ESC with World's option kit on ebay for $160. and a guy send me an email saying that it was overpriced and if i want to sell that item i should lower it. not in a very nice way but not extremely bad either.
last time i check the lowest price i've seen for a Quantum is at Hobbypeople for 150+tax=$162 and thats without the world's option package, when that comes, it is going to around 25-30bucks.. total becomes 187-192. besides, i dont think anyone should be telling other people what to do with their own stuff.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Quite frankley that guy just wants to get you to lower the price so he can pick it up cheaper. It you want to lower it then lower it but I've seen V7.1'S go for $120 and there $120 new at ultimate. I say start the auction at something really low like 2 bucks (or leave it, don't bid yourself and set the buy it now function at $160) but set the reserve at like $160 and you should get alot of bites. The auctions that are start at a very low price do better then the ones that are immediatly set at $160 from the start. Good luck, and don't let this guy try to rip you off.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 10-09-2001 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i dunno, i think it's lame to sell stuff at like new prices. but if it's new in the box, that's up to you. of course like fatdaggystyle said, there's always an idiot that will buy it when they could get it new for the same price. the person that emailed you probably didn't realize that the world's kit adds an additional value. good luck though.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by seaball
.....................like fatdaggystyle said,.............

fatdaggystyle? LMAO. Sorry fatdoggy.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 10-10-2001 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2001, 05:02 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default well...

I agree with seaball...if u gonna sell something at ebay it must be much lower than bnew prices...even if its bnew. Because ppl bid at ebay hoping to get it cheaper there...but if u can get away with it then why not....I guess the guy shouldn't email you and just looks elsewhere...thats what I do...
Old 10-10-2001, 05:10 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default well...

I agree with seaball...if u gonna sell something at ebay it must be much lower than bnew prices...even if its bnew. Because ppl bid at ebay hoping to get it cheaper there...but if u can get away with it then why not....I guess the guy shouldn't email you and just looks elsewhere...thats what I do...
Old 10-10-2001, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sydewynder

fatdaggystyle? LMAO. Sorry fatdoggy.
LoL it's all good.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah ME....
Just tell them that is your price, and if they do not like... well..tough. Or ask them to make an offer... You dont have to take it... Sometimes items on ebay go for more than retail, because they are hard to find, or the bidders just do not know any better.

Good luck
Old 10-14-2001, 12:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: well...

Originally posted by zxt
I'd have to disagree. Many people run there businesses off of eBay, and if you are selling a NEW product, why not charge NEW prices? Its just like going to an online hobby shop in a sense.

Besides, i've seen TONS of stuff go for way more than its worth.

Ask what you want for it, if it doesnt sell the first time, try again at a slightly lower price. After all, its your money, do what you want with it. Don't let cheap skate people try and talk you down just because they want a deal. If they wont pay what you want for it, somebody else probably will.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

it's basic economics. how bad do you wanna liquidate it? if it's immediately, then you're gonna have to budge on your asking price. if you can wait, then hold out for the best offer. but ask yourself this, would you pay top dollar for something that has been used? regardless of how well it's been taken care of, it's still used. i go through cars, motors, batteries, parts, etc. relatively fast because i race(and crash) alot. so when i sell 'em, i usually ask for about 20%-30% of retail value, but if i'm dumping 'em, they most likely have worn out, or diminished in quality. bottom line me student: don't rip anyone off, and if it's honestly worth your asking price, then more power to you. remember, karma doesn't discriminate.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I think that $160 isn't unreasonable for a brand new one w/the worlds kit...

However...you're not a hobby store and don't offer the same warranties/services...

So if someone where to buy it, and it is fried tomorrow...will you give them 100% of their money back? Or will they have to pay Associated to fix it? Cuz Associated won't fix it under warranty unless it was bought from an authorized distributor w/a bill of sale.

So if that's the case, I would think that $160 is too high to buy from you. Since I am taking the risk of not being able to return it or have after sales support.

But the sheer fact of $160 isn't too expensive.

yes...MANY people often pay WAY too much for stuff on Ebay...they get caught up in bidding, and don't do enough research and end up getting ripped off...

I have rarely seen anything for sale on Ebay's RC stuff that is actually a GOOD DEAL...most things sell for WAY more than on all of these message boards.