Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo Digital & Analog Servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pulfinator
The KO servo's are wider and longer than the JR servo's which all I'm saying is that AE and CRC pre cut their chassies to fit the JR servo's.
I'm not sure about the size of JR servos.. but I have AE L4 and CRC 3.2R and using KO949 servos on both chassis with the standard servo mount that comes with the kit and no need to do any mods or drill any holes at all?????

The L4 fits perfectly and CRC's servo mount is adjustable so of course it fits as well.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by yellow15
I'm not sure about the size of JR servos.. but I have AE L4 and CRC 3.2R and using KO949 servos on both chassis with the standard servo mount that comes with the kit and no need to do any mods or drill any holes at all?????

The L4 fits perfectly and CRC's servo mount is adjustable so of course it fits as well.
Aye Vey!!!

It appears that I created a monster with this e-mail. I have never built the new AE 1/12 I have helped out a local racer with his. The fabricated holes were very close not perfect. Maybe this guy got one out of tolerance. I am refering also using non-sloted or non-adjustable servo mounting posts. The reason I dont use CRC adjustable posts are because in my experience it is possible to hit and have them rotate causing the ears of your servo to break. They also mount your servo extremely high in the air. To me I would rather mount it down low to the chassie. In the CRC car until the latest adjustable battery chassie even with the adjustable servo mounts the KO would not be perfectly centered, but very close. With the new adjustable battery chassie there are another set of holes which will allow the KO servo to mount perfectly with the CRC adjustable mounts. So I agree with what you're saying. I perfer the standard non-adjustable servo mounts because you can mount them more secure and lower. You can also get them in red if you are running the team red knife to match the rest of your car. If you use these non-adjustable posts to your servo mount perfectly in the center you must drill holes. FYI in the original T-fource chassie you were forced to use the ajustable posts because the chassie cut out was right were the second post had to go. Physically impossible to not use the adjustable post. The newer thick chassie took care of this problem and you had room to drill and mount your servo the way I prefer. Sorry for all the confusion.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chris, how does the 2363 compare to the FET 2143? i'm in need for a new servo for my MSX!

are you ready to come back to the tamiya family yet?!?!?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hierog
Chris, how does the 2363 compare to the FET 2143? i'm in need for a new servo for my MSX!

are you ready to come back to the tamiya family yet?!?!?
i never left the tamiya family ive just been cheating on her with another car company! depending on how christmas goes.. i may be back in the Tamiya family a lot faster than i expected.

if i remember correctly the 2363 is the heatsink model with 111oz of torque at 0.08s response time. the 2123 FET servo is MUCH FASTER and will really turn your car. it runs at 7.2V (the others run at 6V) with 132oz of torque at 0.06. so not only is it faster it has more torque.

if you need more steering in your car, id definitely recommend the 2123.

forgot to answer your question.. the 2143 is the old "high speed" servo.. the 2363 is the updated version of that servo. 2123 is the only 7.2V i know of from Ko. the 2143 is 6V.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both the 2123 and 2113 run at 7.2v and have a transit speed of 0.06s and 132 torque. However, the 2113 is analog and plastic geared. Just a bit more info
This new servo looks very nice, any idea on price? Hopefully around $80 (I know...I know) as the Futaba S9550 is a little less than that.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

okay, i gave the wrong servo. the one i am currently running now is the 2173. it looks to have the exact same specs as the 2165 (.01 slower!!) and the 2173 has all metal gears, not metal and hybrid

what, if any, are the advatages of running the digital 2165 vs. the analog 2173? what about the 2143 FET?

Chris, you said "the 2365 and 2363 are my personal favorites", but why? again, the only diff seems to be the metal/hybrid gears vs all metal.

I will be running the VFS-pro1 in my msx, but i will be using an M8 radio. is that where the "digital" part of all this comes into play?

help me out!!! i just don't understand!!

Last edited by hierog; 12-16-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chriiiiiisssssss, where are yooooooouuuuuuuuuu?????
Old 12-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hierog
okay, i gave the wrong servo. the one i am currently running now is the 2173. it looks to have the exact same specs as the 2165 (.01 slower!!) and the 2173 has all metal gears, not metal and hybrid

what, if any, are the advatages of running the digital 2165 vs. the analog 2173? what about the 2143 FET?

Chris, you said "the 2365 and 2363 are my personal favorites", but why? again, the only diff seems to be the metal/hybrid gears vs all metal.

I will be running the VFS-pro1 in my msx, but i will be using an M8 radio. is that where the "digital" part of all this comes into play?

help me out!!! i just don't understand!!
sorry havent been online. lets see if we can get you straightened out.

when it comes to digital vs. analog. its always better to invest in digital. think of it as a cassette tape vs CD. digital will hold your settings better than analog and the response is much faster (there's a good article in rc car action written by joel johnson that does a great job of explaining this.)

i personally never ran the 2143 FET. but i currently run the 2363 ICS servo with the heatsink. this is my personal favorite because...
1. its programmable. you can speed up or slow down the response.
2. the heatsink keeps up the servo cool (at TCS nats we had 110deg weather). although the heatsink is primarily for nitro guys that run 30min mains.
3. digital just responds faster.

as for the hybrid gears.. i havent personally tested one.. i havent talked to robert about the advantages of the hybrid gears. the 2365 has the hybrid gears. im gonna have to decide to try that first or the low profile in coming season. most likely ill have the Ko low profile for stock and the 2365 for 19T and up. ill let you know what i find. robert will chime in here

as for your MSX/M8/VFS/Ko servo combo... the response will be faster if/when you use a digital servo. if you have the time, try driving your car with a digital servo for 2-3 packs. then swap the analog back in. you'll definitely feel a difference. hope that answers your questions.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Right before I put is away from last winter, I switched to a 949 digital in my 1/12 scale. Let me tell ya, that was the best mod I did to my car next to upgrading the diff. The car responds ultra quick and transitions super smooth.

For my 1/8 scale onroad I have been running 2344's for throttle and steering but the steering one took a dump at TFT. Got one coming your way Robert I just got a 2363 with the heatsink to replace it so I will report back as soon as I get a chance to drive it again. Sounds/looks pretty quick. So far I have had a great track record with KO servos. The dead servo is the first ever!

Since this is an analog/digital thread there is one reason that some avoid digitals. They have a higher amperage draw and when running nitro for super long (30-60 minute mains), the battery pack capacity can become an issue. Fortunately, I can run AA NiMH in my 1/8 car so it's KO Digital all the way bay-bee!!

Hi Chris. Speaking of xmas... is there another SoCal race I can catch? Driving down on this Friday.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fraz
Right before I put is away from last winter, I switched to a 949 digital in my 1/12 scale. Let me tell ya, that was the best mod I did to my car next to upgrading the diff. The car responds ultra quick and transitions super smooth.

For my 1/8 scale onroad I have been running 2344's for throttle and steering but the steering one took a dump at TFT. Got one coming your way Robert I just got a 2363 with the heatsink to replace it so I will report back as soon as I get a chance to drive it again. Sounds/looks pretty quick. So far I have had a great track record with KO servos. The dead servo is the first ever!

Since this is an analog/digital thread there is one reason that some avoid digitals. They have a higher amperage draw and when running nitro for super long (30-60 minute mains), the battery pack capacity can become an issue. Fortunately, I can run AA NiMH in my 1/8 car so it's KO Digital all the way bay-bee!!

Hi Chris. Speaking of xmas... is there another SoCal race I can catch? Driving down on this Friday.
Fraz, i doubt they're racing on the 24th. so the only racing they'll have is on Tuesday night. not sure if you'll still be in town. drive safely man! ill try to be at socal next tuesday also it depends on what kind of "gift" i get for christmas from my gf :-D
Old 12-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Fraz, i doubt they're racing on the 24th. so the only racing they'll have is on Tuesday night. not sure if you'll still be in town. drive safely man! ill try to be at socal next tuesday also it depends on what kind of "gift" i get for christmas from my gf :-D
Yea Fraz, Come on down on tuesday....
I will be the big fat guy driving a bright green RDX....Come by and say hi...
Heck if you want come pit with us..Chris always gets there late...I'll be there right as they open @12.....
Hope to see ya there...Nice to meet new peeps,,,,
-Shookie <><
Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Yea Fraz, Come on down on tuesday....
I will be the big fat guy driving a bright green RDX....Come by and say hi...
Heck if you want come pit with us..Chris always gets there late...I'll be there right as they open @12.....
Hope to see ya there...Nice to meet new peeps,,,,
-Shookie <><
hopefully i can debut my new ride on dec. 27th this tuesday i wont be racing. probably stop by and say my hellos.

robert morris! all work and no racing makes for an unhappy employee!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:53 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hopefully i can debut my new ride on dec. 27th this tuesday i wont be racing. probably stop by and say my hellos.

robert morris! all work and no racing makes for an unhappy employee!
Chris, do you know the specs on the Ko Propo low profile servo? Price estimate?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TFR
Chris, do you know the specs on the Ko Propo low profile servo? Price estimate?
nah.. i havent heard anything. but you can pretty much bet it'll be (at least) as good (if not better) than other low profile servos out there.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

I had a 949 go bad on me that was about 4 months old. I sent it back to KO last week for repair. Anybody know their repair policy? Like if the product is only so old how much its going to cost ?
also what is their turn around time to fix and send back out ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.