R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #706
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB42TC3
The response of the spektrum is on top of the radio response.

Spektrum is 5.6 ms=.0056 sec
1/.0056=178 frames/sec
Old FM PPM=60 frames/sec
30 f/s= .0167 sec lag
HRS = 125 frames/sec; .0080 sec
HRS spektrum = 2 ms = .0020 ms

Futaba PPM + old spektrum = 1/(.0167+.0056) = 44.91 frames/sec
HRS + HRS Spektrum = 1/(.0080+.0020) = 100 frames/sec

30 frames/sec is full motion video; you can't see changes faster than this, and if you can't see it how are you going to react to it? The calculation show why there's the HRS spektrum and why it's not an issue. I run it in a Helios in the fastest response and have had no issues indoors where it glitched with crystal systems inexplicably last year
You also need to keep in mind how much driver input is put into the car before the turn...basically anticipating when to turn even though you are not at the turn yet.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #707
Tech Adept

30 frames per sec is as slow as they can take video without it getting choppy. That does not mean a person can't detect a difference with higher frame rates. Most people can process at least double that. And for big screen productions, they go to huge lengths with trickery such as motion blur so that the motion is smooth despite being played back at 30 fps.

Besides, there's no point to the comparison at all. Watching video and controlling something are two entirely different things. There is no effect of latency when watching video, except when you press the play button and wait for the movie to start. However, latency is constantly in effect when driving an rc car.

With all that said. I can tell the difference between the slowest and fastest modes with my Helios, but it's a small difference. I imagine switching to Spektrum would be a non-factor in my own or most anyone's performance.
Bodido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
You also need to keep in mind how much driver input is put into the car before the turn...basically anticipating when to turn even though you are not at the turn yet.
Yeah I think I read about that in R/C Car Action
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:39 PM   #709

Well whatever the individuals' perception is that is the input filter through which the whole control algorithm runs which is slower than the electronics. The whole point being the electronics are faster than we are and that the faster the system is to begin with the less difference it makes. On a slow system it is much more noticeable (what was the oldest radio on the market until recently??) So yes the spektrum slows the system down, but not enough on a radio like the helios or Pk to make a difference, but if you're a pro you've probably got some toolbox getting the clip for you anyway so go for the extra fps.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #710
Tech Adept

Turbonuim

Yes ran with it all day today with no issues, also i run on a Low Bite Concrete Surface, with Cement borders around the Track, so one mistake and you paying for it, but we also run if its rains as well, if its the French Championship, but normally it it rains in regional races, we stay Home, but i will let you know for tomorrow is a first regional of the season.

also i have other drivers that have the spektrum and since went back to their orginal modules in their radio.

also have yet to try it on Carpet(where it seems to have the least perfomance from other posts ive read,) but i have a Off-Road Race in Paris on Carpet(Yes Carpet) where im curious to see how it performs.

OB42TCE

Thanks for the info...

Rick
R.Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #711
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

are there any movies of the mains ??
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #712
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC4_HALO2_Mark
are there any movies of the mains ??
check RC50.com
Old 01-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1larry
check RC50.com
I have they just have 2 movies of qualifer's just thinkin if there was anywhere else wit them
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #714
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so what do you want to see first? I'll post 2 tonight. I have all the mains 21 of them
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB42TC3
The response of the spektrum is on top of the radio response.

Spektrum is 5.6 ms=.0056 sec
1/.0056=178 frames/sec
Old FM PPM=60 frames/sec
30 f/s= .0167 sec lag
HRS = 125 frames/sec; .0080 sec
HRS spektrum = 2 ms = .0020 ms

Futaba PPM + old spektrum = 1/(.0167+.0056) = 44.91 frames/sec
HRS + HRS Spektrum = 1/(.0080+.0020) = 100 frames/sec

30 frames/sec is full motion video; you can't see changes faster than this, and if you can't see it how are you going to react to it? The calculation show why there's the HRS spektrum and why it's not an issue. I run it in a Helios in the fastest response and have had no issues indoors where it glitched with crystal systems inexplicably last year
how many "Gamers" do you know that would stand for 30fps when I know that some of the fastest gamer computers run quake3 at 70 to 80fps and they can tell a difference.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #716
Tech Adept

Nash,
I would like to see the video of the A main round 1 and 2 of the triples. Especially the one where Paul made the pass on Dumas below him on the sweeper. That was one spectacular move.
JimMcClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #717
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
how many "Gamers" do you know that would stand for 30fps when I know that some of the fastest gamer computers run quake3 at 70 to 80fps and they can tell a difference.
The "human eye can't detect anything faster then 30 fps" has long ago been proven to be a myth.

Like you mention, anyone that plays online FPS competetively would laugh at 30 fps. The "sweet" spot btw for Quake3 and most other games is 120 FPS and I can easily feel the difference when my FPS drops below 80.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #718
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Nash what Media player do I need to see the vids? I download them and then get an error meesage.... I had this happen once before due to the Media player you use I don't LOL

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #719
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

was barry baker running the LRP brushless system? If so can anybody tell if hes car was up to speed on the straight and accelaration, thanks.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #720
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

he was running the brushless system with some new motor they have yet to release, and yeah his car was very up to speed on the straight. I think baker and doseck (sp) were running brushless. Baker running lrp and doseck(sp) running the novak. I may be wrong in saying this, but i thought they both had the fastest straight away speeds of all the mods but both were running unreleased motors in there brushless systems
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote