Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/18th scale racing >

1/18th scale racing

1/18th scale racing

Old 11-04-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/18th scale racing

Does anyone race 18th scale. In the Cleveland area we have a good group running BRP SC18 cars. The racing is very competetive and more like IROC racing. We call this a fun class but it is as exciting as 12th scale or touring cars.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

As long as racing is close and competitive, then it is definitely exciting. I own a micro but I only race my buddy in my backyard track. I prefer race other vehicles.

So your track uses a spec racing approach to fair racing? In my opinion, this is great for beginners b/c they all get to see how much better they get and don't get worried with the price of the hobby.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Rookie

It's a great class for guy's who want to trim the budget . I have raced everything from 1/18th to 1/8th electric and gas. I can't do all the traveling and don't fell like doing all the maitinance on the cars anymore. I carry all my gear in one race bag now and can buy batteries for the season for $48.00 (4 packs). 1 set of tires last all winter on our carpet track. Any radio gear works. I run good stuff only because I have it from my other racing. Since I started racing these cars I have sold my TC3 and 12L. I am trying to sell my Serpent Impact and T3. I commited. Certifiable???
Old 11-05-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

I have to agree with you, we BRP racers are certifiable. But whats wrong with that?
Old 11-06-2002, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Dyno Don we do have a unique bunch running at the Gate. Anyone with an 1/18 scale is welcome to race with us. The track is in Maple Heights Ohio at the old South Gate Mall (the old Just Closeouts).We race on Sunday. Racing starts at 11:00 AM. They also run touring and 12th scale.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Since you race the BRP, what have you done to it to improve its already great driving characteristics?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

We just added the ball diff .