R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-25-2002, 11:53 AM   #61
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by OSherman
can we get a pic of that....never noticed that on my friends X-Ray...interesting...
The Xray ones are even better because you use a 3mm hex to install and remove, instead of a blade screwdriver.....however those are really quite expensive and the angle of movement is much more limited.......however, I may consider it when the Kawada ones have worn out!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 12:09 PM   #62
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
hahaha...... if you "double" that then you will only be "close" to my age!!

Merry Christmas!!

There's no need to be ashamed , I too have reached the "blessed" age of 32 young years. And look at me 6.8 tall, 32 years old, happy with 2 kids(1 boy-get the pic ) and "playing" with cars
I just say there's no need to be afraid, you just have to get old whoua!!!
Same to you
fomoco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:18 PM   #63
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
OK, here goes....you can see the slot on the lower shock ball, you use a blade screwdriver to install and remove. All you need is to run a 12x3 setscrew into the A arm leaving about 4mm sticking out.

You can see the profile of the ball on top of the C hub, it has a flat surface so it mounts better than the std ones!
So the car is single belt drive?.... How's the drivetrain compare to other single belt car, like the KXone. or the XXXs???

By the way, DTM, what kinda CA glue do you use to seal the chassis? it's not fogging up the edage of the chassis at all! it looks real nice. Please share the info. Thanks~!
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:21 PM   #64
Tech Master

dtm,

Also, what brand of ti screw are you using??
Old 12-25-2002, 07:34 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by fomoco90
Another thing rose to my mind, r/c just has to be big business and how do guys from 15-16 years(I don't know the ages of all you guys) of age manage to find the money to buy all this not inexpensive stuff??
Well it helps to be employed in a Hobby Shop......

By the way I'm almost 17......
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 08:36 PM   #66
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

wow, the sigma looks nice. awesome idea on the balls. i hate threading into plastic more than once. i've done the same on my rclab. so far...

design likes

- single belt
- mid motor
- long camberlinks
- diff accessability
- very functional sways (pivot is far from ends) very effective that way

design dislikes

- idler pulley too far back causing excessive bending of belt. drag? like the xxxs, maybe kxone style is a bit more efficient with smaller arclength and dual tensioners fore and aft. not sure though.

that's it.

can't wait to hear how the track testing goes. thanks for the pics dtm. awesome!
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 09:07 PM   #67
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
So the car is single belt drive?.... How's the drivetrain compare to other single belt car, like the KXone. or the XXXs???

By the way, DTM, what kinda CA glue do you use to seal the chassis? it's not fogging up the edage of the chassis at all! it looks real nice. Please share the info. Thanks~!
The drive train is very smooth but I do not have a Kxone or XXXS to compare.

There is a very easy way to seal up the edges of the carbon- per Xray manual. Use a cotton wool bud, couple of drops of CA onto that and then swipe the edges. You will need quite a few buds (because once the CA hardens its no good) and a VERY well ventilated area.

I'm using Speedmind Ti screws along with Tamiya cup washers.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #68
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by rccarracer
Well it helps to be employed in a Hobby Shop......

By the way I'm almost 17......
It would be better to own the shop.....unfortnately this is not the case for me......so I'm just friendly to all the shops I need!
Old 12-25-2002, 10:46 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm

There is a very easy way to seal up the edges of the carbon- per Xray manual. Use a cotton wool bud, couple of drops of CA onto that and then swipe the edges. You will need quite a few buds (because once the CA hardens its no good) and a VERY well ventilated area.

Well, I'm using the same method to seal the chassis, but somehow, it gets a little bit foggy around the edage of the chassis. Seems to be the vapor of the CA that's fogging up the chassis. But your chassis is soooo clean!, no fog at all. Did you use the new Tamiya no-fog type CA???
Old 12-25-2002, 11:09 PM   #70
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Well, I'm using the same method to seal the chassis, but somehow, it gets a little bit foggy around the edage of the chassis. Seems to be the vapor of the CA that's fogging up the chassis. But your chassis is soooo clean!, no fog at all. Did you use the new Tamiya no-fog type CA???
you need to let it dry completely at a well ventilated place.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:32 PM   #71
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yes...don't rush it..apply a couple of layers and let it dry completely before going back for more. I use Take Off tire glue this time, but I get the same effect with just about any CA glue before. Whatever you do, don't put it in a bag....this will make it fog up bad.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:22 AM   #72
fai
Regional Moderator

DTM: are the shocks air-mixture or diaphragm equipped type?? I think it's hard to see from your pics... I guess they are diagphragm type?! Arm I right? Thanks
fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 03:10 AM   #73
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by fai
DTM: are the shocks air-mixture or diaphragm equipped type?? I think it's hard to see from your pics... I guess they are diagphragm type?! Arm I right? Thanks
They are diaphragm type shocks. I'm using both sponge and O-ring to achieve a quick rebound. Even Yokomo are moving away from the air/mixture type...too much of a pain!

Also they can run a single or dual O-ring. Because the original O-rings are the soft clear type I am using sinlge O-ring. If I get some harder Kose O-rings I may change to dual O-rings.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:06 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to ijnek

correct mi if i'm wrong bcos i have not seen the real car yet...
how is the top deck connected to the chassis?...from wat i see in the pic,it seems that on the end and also jus the middle to the motor mount...if tat's the case,is there a lot of chassis flex?
ijnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 09:17 AM   #75
dtm
Tech Champion

There are 6 stand offs (including the optional 2). 4 screws on each side of the motor mount and 4 screws going into the F/R bulkheads (2 ea). It makes for a Very stiff car!