Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hybrid Shaft-Belt Car >

Hybrid Shaft-Belt Car

Hybrid Shaft-Belt Car

Old 12-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

the first design i would be the best design because of the motor layout of a belt (get ride of tourqe steer if there is any) and the nice shft responce

the third one to me is least attrective to me because of the battery layout(3pak and then 3 pack)
Old 12-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Having a shaft to the front and a belt in the rear sounds...

interesting. Having it offset like the two belt design keeping the battery more centered.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

There is no way that it would work. It would be like using brakes with a one way. You would have a slow front end and a fast rear end. This means your rear end would just push itself right out infront. Now, if you want to have some fun then take a look at all this spinning mass. Ever played with a gyro or a top? Now stick a fat screw through a spur gear give it a whirl and watch what happens, pretty cool huh? It just stands straight up now doesn't it? Now, lets try spinning this gear at oh, lets say 10,000 rpm. Yeah, you get the point. Lets add a few belt tension pieces and a couple spools that those belts are running to. All of a sudden you have 5 tops whirling around at 10,000 rpm. Now, you have a platform to work off of. Do you want to run the belt flush with the chasis? Or, would you rather have tons of room for endless battery and electronics placement and run the belt through a brace that runs from shock tower to shock tower? Now, a setup like this would have added weight, but with the mods being run today and the new found balance would it be worth while? Now, if you are one of those people looking for ways to make your tc4 work on carpet then something you may want to take a look back at I believe the Josh cyrul xx-street weapon carpet mod. There were certain mods made to make the drive train less effecient. Heres a hint, it required a drill. Those cvds are made to give nothing. Don't try this unless you have a great drill press and can dead center these holes, otherwise your axles will create lots of vibration. A few well placed holes in that drive train should create some flex in it and create a much more forgiving drive train.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow...I though this was a joke thread that everyone was just having some fun rolling with.

None of these designs would yield a better performing car for a variety of reasons.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What do you mean? It still is a joke thread!
You cant tell me that a Rabbi a Priest and Duck have NEVER walked into a bar can you?
Somewhere out there, there is a Bartender with some weird true stories!
Yeah, I'm sure the design is flawed. But we can still have fun with it!
Alas, they laughed at Jules Vern too.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

//