R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2006, 01:51 PM   #196
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thats normal for a fast 19T motor now-a-days. They all look like that after one run. Just skim the com and re-run the brushes if you run Infinity brushes. They will last 15-25 runs. If you run Atlas replace them every 2 runs.
Humm , See and i was under the impression the BIG selling point of the checkpoint motors was LOW maintainence..........

If they really want to push this as a major selling point which i think could work really well for them maybe they should include the Infinity brushes as std.

Anyways i like it and it's legal which is always a good thing
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Thats normal for a fast 19T motor now-a-days. They all look like that after one run. Just skim the com and re-run the brushes if you run Infinity brushes. They will last 15-25 runs. If you run Atlas replace them every 2 runs.
In this case runnning infinity brushes will cost less than putting new atlas brushes every two runs. But this also happens to my money motor atlas burshes is only good for couple of runs not good.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #198
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tfrahm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
This is the only porblem i have with the checkpoint .........

It's not slow, infact it has great punch and ok top end but look at the state of it after just 2 runs !!

Moving over to the "Mega Money" long life brushes now to see if they improve things at all
I've found that changing to stiffer springs helps -- I'm racing offroad 19t and the extra vibration requires stiffer springs to avoid excessive brush bounce.
Biff Racing Team #420 (Ah... The "good old days"...)
The local indoor Offroad Track: The RC Race Barn
TLR22-3.0, TLR22T-2.0, TLR22SCT-1.0
tfrahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrahm
I've found that changing to stiffer springs helps -- I'm racing offroad 19t and the extra vibration requires stiffer springs to avoid excessive brush bounce.
Running stiffer springs will take some RPM away.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:41 AM   #200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Running stiffer springs will take some RPM away.
I haven't found this to be the case. I am running the stiffest spring CP cells with infinity brushes. I have tried softer springs and I dont see any increase in RPM. I do see more scorched comms with soft springs though.

Also...dont be afraid to run a huge gear ratio on this motor.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #201
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I haven't found this to be the case. I am running the stiffest spring CP cells with infinity brushes. I have tried softer springs and I dont see any increase in RPM. I do see more scorched comms with soft springs though.

Also...dont be afraid to run a huge gear ratio on this motor.
I think you want to run this motor just like the Orion Element V2, hard springs and enduro brushes, then gear it to the moon. I've geared my Element to a 5 FDR before
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #202
Tech Adept

The motors like a big gear. When we tested the motors we always ended up with a bigger gear. The discoloration of the comm isn't anything to worry about. We have run 6-10 runs on a motor with the atlas brushes before we seen any performance drop off. This was with the stiffer springs.
Daryl Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:52 AM   #203
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I've geared my Element to a 5 FDR before
Hmm...I guess two people on earth have figured out the Element V2 now I use MR springs with Sprint Edge brushes at 5.15:1 with the V2.

I don't run quite that much gear on my CP Money though. I run it around 5.4 to 5.8.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #204
Tech Master

Adrian - I tried the money motor in my 1/12th scale and it seemed to me it had to much natural drag brake, kinda like a stock motor? I pulled it out and ran a c2 and it rolled much better off throttle. I even tried turning up the throttle trim to compensate but it still decel'd very hard, almost to the point of spinning the car out, what do you think?
Old 06-16-2006, 03:04 PM   #205
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Hmm...I guess two people on earth have figured out the Element V2 now I use MR springs with Sprint Edge brushes at 5.15:1 with the V2.

I don't run quite that much gear on my CP Money though. I run it around 5.4 to 5.8.
Adrian, how about for 1/12th with the CP Money? Do I run it with a 88T or 96T? I'm running on carpet indoor.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #206
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polesitter61
Adrian - I tried the money motor in my 1/12th scale and it seemed to me it had to much natural drag brake, kinda like a stock motor? I pulled it out and ran a c2 and it rolled much better off throttle. I even tried turning up the throttle trim to compensate but it still decel'd very hard, almost to the point of spinning the car out, what do you think?
might be the stronger magnets on the $$motor causing the dragbrake effect.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:44 PM   #207
Tech Champion

The sedan and 1/12th setups are diffrent. For sedan its heavy spring and Infinity brush. For 1/12th its light spring and Atlas brush. The Atlas is a more agressive brush that runs well with 4 cells. The lighter spring reduces some of the comm drag.

The best solution is putting in more roll throttle (Car moves forward at trigger neutral).
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #208
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
might be the stronger magnets on the $$motor causing the dragbrake effect.
Yeah, Trinity uses "Stock" level magnets to get more RPM (because RPM sells). They have less cogging and thus less drag. But in sedan they fade if you run them hard or run on really hot race days.

Everyone else uses the same magents as thier Mod motors. They have more cogging and generate a ton of torque. This is why Money's, Reedy QM19's and Orion 19's can swing the really big pinions. These motors are pretty much not affected by heat.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #209
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah, Trinity uses "Stock" level magnets to get more RPM (because RPM sells). They have less cogging and thus less drag. But in sedan they fade if you run them hard or run on really hot race days.

Everyone else uses the same magents as thier Mod motors. They have more cogging and generate a ton of torque. This is why Money's, Reedy QM19's and Orion 19's can swing the really big pinions. These motors are pretty much not affected by heat.
Do you recommand to use a motor cooler for the CP Money before a run though? Or does it not needed at all for 1/12 4 cells 19T racing?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to bigb11

Daryl, is cp coming out with a fan for the $motor, i ran offroad 4wd no air flow.
bigb11 is offline   Reply With Quote