2006 Snowbirds

Old 02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
  #616  
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Feels like a can-a-worms openin' up...

Now everybody at the same time...wooooooooo...saaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!
teamgp is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
  #617  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,720
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BritRacer
The first round resort was a nightmare, I am no A mainer, but nor am I an K mainer... I feel that it didnt help when a lot of the fast guys were in the lower qualifiers, that half of their team were YELLING at the rest of the drivers to "get out the effin way" and "have you never driven an effin RC car before"

Not only was this inappropriate, but was unfair to those trying to qualify. It made them more nervous. How would the A main feel if there were 10 guys shouting at them the whole way through??

I also feel this reflected poorly on the team they represented, and on the race marshall for not stopping it.

I, as well as several others, have contacted the respective teams. Shouting at an 11 year old kid is completely out of order.

The WORST heat for this was Drew Ellis' stock sedan.....completely out of order.


Agreed, they should just let the officials call traffic.
Francis M. is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:07 PM
  #618  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
polesitter61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,009
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I kinda feel the same way about the resort, I myself am no A-main driver at a national event, but locally an A-main winner. My first heat of stock TC my personal mysteriously stopped counting after the first 4 laps but worked flawlessly the rest of the weekend? In my first TC Sp. 19 heat, my newly "updated" spektrum system had an issue (car would not run more than 6 feet away from me, antenna in the new trans Mod. was never connected at the factory!) so a DNS for that one. It was very hard to run in both of the last heats after that, never got a clean race, in 19t lapped cars were using my car for a vert ramp while passing them! Anyway, if not a resort after every round, at least wait till the second round so everyone has a chance to get 1 semi-clean run in, or in my case, one at all
polesitter61 is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
  #619  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
DENNIS STORTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Horsham
Posts: 2,400
Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Default

i dont like the first heat resort that much either. but we all have to deal with it so i guess there is no gripe. but it is the snowbirds an even the big guns have little butterflys. a resort after round t would be better but dont work with the time frame on saturday.but since there stacked from the year before cant we just not resort at all make the first year guys pay there dues all weekend long
DENNIS STORTI is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:20 PM
  #620  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,498
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BritRacer
The first round resort was a nightmare, I am no A mainer, but nor am I an K mainer... I feel that it didnt help when a lot of the fast guys were in the lower qualifiers, that half of their team were YELLING at the rest of the drivers to "get out the effin way" and "have you never driven an effin RC car before"

Not only was this inappropriate, but was unfair to those trying to qualify. It made them more nervous. How would the A main feel if there were 10 guys shouting at them the whole way through??

I also feel this reflected poorly on the team they represented, and on the race marshall for not stopping it.

I, as well as several others, have contacted the respective teams. Shouting at an 11 year old kid is completely out of order.

The WORST heat for this was Drew Ellis' stock sedan.....completely out of order.

The whole problem was that the race announcer should have been the one calling the leaders and laped traffic....Not some guy sitting in front of the driver stand that you could barely hear!! To me that was the worst part of the whole thing. When I am racing the ONLY thing I listen to is the guy with a microphone in his hand calling the race!! Nobody else.... This was the first year the birds done it like this (that I know of but I have never ran road course there either) and it sucked!!

Have you ever been to another race where the race announcer was not the one calling traffic? I guess Drew's "Team" was just trying to make sure everyone on the stand knew when he came up on them since you could barely hear the guy down front.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
  #621  
Tech Champion
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 5,268
Thumbs up

re-sorts aren't that big of a deal to do. There is the issue of the first 4 or 5 races not being ready because they wouldn't know to charge until the sheet was posted. But an acceptable break time can be taken for track maintenaince between those back to back rounds if we stopped all this minute grace crap. Somehow you are at the worlds largest race and you want to goop your tires for the 8th time, wipe them off and solder your motor in backwards? Get rid of the grace bs. You are either on the grid and ready or you are not. You can always throw the car down in the middle of the race. Let's give the 230-300 other people who are on the ball the benefit here. I don't know how many times I heard a call for a grace. It must have been every other race or 2, literally. There are too many races to run for this to continue.
It's great that there is a hobby shop on hand but I will say the hobby shop needs to do some hiring and have the doors open more especially if its the 'exclusive' shop. Its hard to stock up on anything if your local HS can't get it because its being diverted to the big race of the month. I'm sure there are many other variables and such and so on. I know they enjoyed my business as I took the opportunity to stock up on some items. I'm certain there were a few of the uninitiated that missed a race or that odd hour practice because they chunked their last part. (not that It affected me.. didn't have tamiya anyways)

I have more notes but i'm late...
Mason is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
  #622  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
DavidAlford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,152
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I gotta agree with the hobby shop thing. When the heats start at 6am but the shop doesnt open till noon thats kinda crazy. I almost missed a heat cause I needed a part but it was like 9am and the shop wasn't open.
DavidAlford is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:51 PM
  #623  
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

I'm not sure why EVERY race thread has to turn into a bitching festival. IF you guys think you can throw a better race...set it up. Picking every detail of a race apart isn't really fair to do.

It was a great race, run well, and everybody had fun (some more than others).
DerekB is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
  #624  
R/C Tech Founder
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Del Mar, CA, USA
Posts: 7,063
Default

But...the internet is for arguing, isn't it?

Well, that and porn!

But yea, I agree. There's always a way to improve anything, doesn't mean it was bad.
futureal is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
  #625  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,659
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DerekB
I'm not sure why EVERY race thread has to turn into a bitching festival. IF you guys think you can throw a better race...set it up. Picking every detail of a race apart isn't really fair to do.

It was a great race, run well, and everybody had fun (some more than others).
I agree.
Jon Kerr is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
  #626  
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

You know what sucked about this race? Walking to my room and tripping over a plant and smashing my face on a palm tree (I wish I can say I was "tipsy"...which makes me made because this race did NOT have free beer...what kind of race is that?)

Go on with the Chlorophyll
DerekB is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
  #627  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DerekB
You know what sucked about this race? Walking to my room and tripping over a plant and smashing my face on a palm tree (I wish I can say I was "tipsy"...which makes me made because this race did NOT have free beer...what kind of race is that?)

Go on with the Chlorophyll
It was free to certain people who knew which tab to put it on at "Carmen's" birthday party.

Hoped they thanked him afterwards .
Brandon Melton is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 PM
  #628  
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The whole problem was that the race announcer should have been the one calling the leaders and laped traffic....Not some guy sitting in front of the driver stand that you could barely hear!! To me that was the worst part of the whole thing. When I am racing the ONLY thing I listen to is the guy with a microphone in his hand calling the race!! Nobody else.... This was the first year the birds done it like this (that I know of but I have never ran road course there either) and it sucked!!

Have you ever been to another race where the race announcer was not the one calling traffic? I guess Drew's "Team" was just trying to make sure everyone on the stand knew when he came up on them since you could barely hear the guy down front.

EA
I agree with that, it must have gotten very confusing with about 7 people shouting, none of them the announcer.....

Peter, you may not have been cursing, but others were.
BritRacer is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
  #629  
Tech Master
 
davepull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orange Park, Florida
Posts: 1,180
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
its also the race officals job to tell the drivers where the leader is on the track, and he did this pretty well, but what harm comes from trying to help out a team mate by calling from the sideline? when i was yelling during drew's heat there was no profanity from the group i was in... so what are you talking about? i was actually more over poking fun at jared since there was a car in drews heat that was running one of jared's old bodies, i was saying something to the effect of "the leaders behind you jared!, move outta the way Jared!"

got to love you guys. you think that your shit don't stink. no matter what you say your out of line and out of control. the whole bunch of you guys needs to grow up. most of the guys are late 20's early 30's and act like your 2. what you guys see as harmless fun in your little rock star minds. is rude and totally disrespectful.
davepull is offline  
Old 02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
  #630  
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Man´s best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Originally Posted by BritRacer
Shouting at an 11 year old kid is completely out of order.
That should disqualify them at once! From the whole event.
Anders Myrberg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.