R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #586
Tech Master

I should note we didn't have any other issues all week with tears... it was definitely a fluke. CRC's new carpet is the best ever!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #587
Tech Master

I am checking my video server stats and 4254 unique hits for the week..... wow!
RCThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #588
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
You just didn't look for them...they are there!
all the strip clubs are on orange blossom trail remeber that turn right out hotel turn left on sand lakes 5miles turn left on obt they call it in o town
Old 02-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #589
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Paul L. won 19T pro and Mod..
hey i like to congrats my boy brandon melton for bring the the big one hme in sportman 19 along with paul l to the charlotte nc area way to git r done
Old 02-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Best schedule yet! Tons of practice leading up to the qualifiers, especially liked the "practice heats" and also the 1-hr open practice before each round of racing.

One of my favorite parts of Snowbirds each year is staying up really late to watch the oval cars, grabbing a seat on the back straightaway to wait for the big wrecks. I hate seeing cars destroyed as much as the nezt person, but the wrecks always happen, so we might as well enjoy them. Maybe this is just a novelty for us on-road guys.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
not running mains: i didnt run the expert 19t B-Main, got three hours of sleep the night before the mains and was awake @ 5am to prep my car for the 12th stock a-main which was race 6, and then the stock TC main which was race 17. joel's a great guy for running his main, but he did not have to get up as early as i did, all his races were many hours later in the day, and after corner marshalling for the stock TC main went to my room and slept for a little while, sorry if that makes me a bad person. go to the birds and wrench/race from sunday to sunday and tell me if you feel up to it.
Peter I agree with you man I had about the same sleep you did and being up running your main at like 6:45am meant getting up at 5am to work on the car for the 12th stock a main. Heck I saw two of my cars the whole main LOL

I didn't run my 19 Sportsman main for 2 reasons one I was so tired from no sleep all week long and 2 I was so ready to leave I started packing up all my stuff and passed out till the trophy presentations. Then woke up got my trophy and drove back 10 hours to Nashville, TN.

I really wish they would move the oval to earlier in the week heats and mains and the onroad to the weekend or something. The hours at the Birds are horrible. I'm never more tired than racing at the birds each year.
Cut down on practice if need be whatever..

I dunno its always a fun race though.

I'll be there next year.

Michael
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 AM   #592
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Peter I agree with you man I had about the same sleep you did and being up running your main at like 6:45am meant getting up at 5am to work on the car for the 12th stock a main. Heck I saw two of my cars the whole main LOL

I didn't run my 19 Sportsman main for 2 reasons one I was so tired from no sleep all week long and 2 I was so ready to leave I started packing up all my stuff and passed out till the trophy presentations. Then woke up got my trophy and drove back 10 hours to Nashville, TN.

I really wish they would move the oval to earlier in the week heats and mains and the onroad to the weekend or something. The hours at the Birds are horrible. I'm never more tired than racing at the birds each year.
Cut down on practice if need be whatever..

I dunno its always a fun race though.

I'll be there next year.

Michael
I had a similar experience. I had to get up at 5AM to charge for the 1/12th C-main. I set the alarm on my cell, set up a wake up call and set the in room alarm clock. I slept through my cell, the wake up call never came and my roommate changed the alarm clock for his later main....I missed my 1/12th main .

In Sport 19 I had broken after 20 laps in Q1 so I got re sorted into a heat with a bunch of guys that turn 20 laps on a good day . Q2 and Q3 were 5 min of dodging cars flying across the track.

After missing the only bright spot of my week I watched a few of the early A-mains and drove home to spend the rest of the with the wife and kid .
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

I liked the schedule myself. Plenty of practice and I got enough sleep (just have to manage your time and learn when to stop "hanging out" and go to bed. There was all day Thursday to sleep if you ran on road only.

Only thing I would like to see come back is the one hour of 1 min runs before the mains on Sunday morning. I know several people who had planned to "scuff" a set of tires for their mains during this. But, it wasn't on the schedule so it was our fault for not looking, but it was their in years past.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
1/12th Stock GTP
TQ/Winner Jeff Dayger...lapping up to 2nd position in the A Main!
I finished 3rd and he didn't lap me.

Congrats to Jeff though for a heck of a weekend.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #595
Tech Legend

Would bet those that miss their race, would of been there if they were in the A- main....

Excuss`s , only believe um ,if they miss the A....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #596
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No cherry, people have even missecd the A main at snowbirds before.....its a TOUGH TOUGH race, that you will never understand......its nothing like anything you will ever experience in offroad.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #597
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
No cherry, people have even missecd the A main at snowbirds before.....its a TOUGH TOUGH race, that you will never understand......its nothing like anything you will ever experience in offroad.....

Later EddieO

Yeah Sure, Eddie ....

That A main is`nt so tuff or hard compared to the lower mains..
Only one racer miss the A , not so for the lower mains ...

still can only believe the excuss`s from those that "miss" the A main....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 02-15-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #598
Tech Apprentice

I missed the A-main 2 years ago. only cause I figured all A-mains would be run last on the heat board.

The only thing I think snowbirds should consider changing for next year is....Running ALL A-mains last, and doing a reshuffle after every round. I felt bad for guys like smyka, Pulfer, and Ellis. Their weekend was ruined because they happened to break the first round of qualifying. It is impossible to even have a shot at making the main from the heats they were in after that reshuffle.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #599
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Look it up George, three people missed one of the A's a couple of years ago....

Later EddieO
Old 02-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #600
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Look it up George, three people missed one of the A's a couple of years ago....

Later EddieO
Nice Try Eddie ....

Those that miss the A , I believe your excuss.....

Those that did`nt make the A ?
Excuss`s..... Excuss`s.....