Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #526
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Nash put some pics like 200+ on his site of www.rc50.com. If you look back a few pages you can find the direct link.
Hopefully he gets things updated with pictures from Sunday.
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #527
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to croy

All the results can be found on rcresults.com
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #528
Tech Adept

I just finished looking at the results. It seems to me that a lot drivers are listed as not starting there mains. Is this because of them not showing up for the main or because being DQ'd or some other reason. If it is just not showing up for the main. How do their sponsors feel about that? They provide them with cars, electronics, tires, etc, etc, to show up and race. I think that if I was there sponsor I would be mad.

Just a thought

Lee
Old 02-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #529
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to croy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeS
I just finished looking at the results. It seems to me that a lot drivers are listed as not starting there mains. Is this because of them not showing up for the main or because being DQ'd or some other reason. If it is just not showing up for the main. How do their sponsors feel about that? They provide them with cars, electronics, tires, etc, etc, to show up and race. I think that if I was there sponsor I would be mad.

Just a thought

Lee
They just didn't run their mains. If it says Did not start.
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #530
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A DNS means they did not race......for whatever reason. Sometimes guys will make the A in one and the B in another, so they just run the A to save the car......smart racing. Some like to run the B though to try stuff or extra track time.....just depends...

As a sponsor, I don't care one way or the other if my guys run the B or lower.....its up to them. Nobody remembers who won the B main anyways....

Later EddieO
Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #531
Tech Adept

Hi Eddie,

Just a touch off the subject. I just looked at the track link in your signature, very nice setup. How do they deal with the smoke from the nitro vehicles?

Any way back to the racing. I guess what I see from my comfy chair in Colorado is that they are to good to show up and race in the "B" or the "C". It seems like a little kid who did not get what they want. They did not make the "A" so the'll show them and just won't race.

A couple of the guys here have been running your motor and have very happy with them. I am getting ready to go to the Omaha Carpet Onroad race next month. I was planning on ordering a motor or two for that race to try them out.

Later, Lee
Old 02-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #532
Tech Apprentice

Personally, I think it's disappointing when paid racers do not run their mains. It shows a lack of respect to the other racers who may have worked hard to get where they got.

Speaking of lack of respect .....

Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds. This is why some missed their lower main. There are still some professionals left, but it seems like the current trend is pretending you're a rock star or something?

I'd say that the sponsors should do something about it, but some of the team owners were just as bad. I hope things get cleaned up soon, it was really disappointing and a negative for our hobby/sport.

Jake

E-Mail: [email protected]
www.JPHRacing.com
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #533
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

Remember that they are young and what not and all they think about is girls, drinking and having a good time.. racing a whole week isnt easy
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #534
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing
Personally, I think it's disappointing when paid racers do not run their mains. It shows a lack of respect to the other racers who may have worked hard to get where they got.

Speaking of lack of respect .....

Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds. This is why some missed their lower main. There are still some professionals left, but it seems like the current trend is pretending you're a rock star or something?

I'd say that the sponsors should do something about it, but some of the team owners were just as bad. I hope things get cleaned up soon, it was really disappointing and a negative for our hobby/sport.

Jake
I know I missed a 1/12 main because we overslept.. woulda been nice to have a backup alarm as a wakeup call, but the computer was dialed in all week since we get charged for every outgoing call, even local calls.... But its not always the guys that go out, get wasted the night before and dont race... sometimes things just happen, you are up late actually working on things, and miss a race... after a week of getting a max of 2 hrs a night sleep, it catches up with you, and it just so happens that we run our mains at the end of the week, so put all that together...
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #535
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing
Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds.
don't go to cleveland then...
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #536
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jarkkom

Run your mains, even if it's the Z-final. Do it 100% as always. Never give up. You really thought those top drivers got there with that attitude. LOL
Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #537
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

I didn't think it was that bad at the birds. Everybody was just really sleepy!!
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #538
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got a DNS and I did start the race, it just ended 5 seconds after the tone went off, DOH!
Old 02-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
A DNS means they did not race......for whatever reason. Sometimes guys will make the A in one and the B in another, so they just run the A to save the car......smart racing. Some like to run the B though to try stuff or extra track time.....just depends...

As a sponsor, I don't care one way or the other if my guys run the B or lower.....its up to them. Nobody remembers who won the B main anyways....

Later EddieO
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #540
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gray
I got a DNS and I did start the race, it just ended 5 seconds after the tone went off, DOH!
And what caused that, AG? Did you get taken out by somebody on the start, or were you out too late w/ McMahon Saturday?
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote