R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Novak Velocity Brushless (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/92257-novak-velocity-brushless.html)

Timox 11-30-2005 03:54 AM

Novak Velocity Brushless

Anyone got the new Novak GTB 5.5r brushless system in there touring cars?

Can they match the speed of a good 7 single brushed motor if you gear it up enough or do they just over heat if you try?

What are your thoughts on there performance?

Thanks.

sosidge 11-30-2005 04:13 AM

Well I can't comment on it's performance against a 7-turn brushed motor however having raced against them and driven one briefly it really is impressive.

The throttle response is very smooth, impossible to know that you are driving a brushless, and a marked improvement on the 1st generation Novak systems.

The motor is undoubtedly very powerful.

The new cooling fan seems to have cured most of the thermal shutdown issues.

If I was in the market for a brushless I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the new Novak system.

patrick 11-30-2005 08:22 AM

I tried one for the first time at Socal last week, and the power is nowhere near a 7 turn, feels more like a 9 or a good 10. Also if you use a spool and like to slam on the brakes for a hairpin, you'll have to brake much earlier as they are not nearly as strong as brushed brakes. ;)

Timox 11-30-2005 05:59 PM

So if i where to compeat against a class of 7 turn guys with a brushless i wouldent have a hope in hell of beating them :cry:

Well that was a waist of $400 wasent it :(

anthony390 11-30-2005 06:39 PM

not unless your a hell of a driver :sneaky:

then you can probably get even or beat them :smile:

anthony390 11-30-2005 06:40 PM

oh ya

im pretty sure there is something better in the brushless systems that could beat a 7-turn brushed

syndr0me 11-30-2005 06:42 PM

I seem to remember hearing a 4.5 was in the works. What are you guys racing where someone with a 7T will out motor someone with a 9T enough for it to make a difference? I thought that only happened at the top level with professional drivers.

everythingsale 11-30-2005 06:43 PM

LOL ... I guarantee, if you are the better driver, you WILL beat the brushed motor every time. ;)

Mr. Shookie 11-30-2005 07:23 PM

Before you make such bold statements about how good a driver he is...You better know him...He races against some of the best in the nation on Asphalt weekly...And if he says it isn't as fast as a good 7T believe it.

Yes the 4.5 is in the works...It will be more toward the lower turn motors...
-Shookie <><

anthony390 11-30-2005 08:30 PM

no :sweat: im not descibing him

im just saying it like it can be a scenerio :smile:

syndr0me 11-30-2005 09:09 PM

Yea, no disrespect intended. I kind of figured someone that was competitive at that kind of level would have asked these questions prior to their purchase. Seems like most skilled racers make informed buying decisions.

Hopefully the 4.5 (and beyond) will ease the pain of your new GTB.

anthony390 11-30-2005 09:25 PM

oh ok sorry about that i just kinda felt somthing there :sweat: but its all gone now :smile:

so ya do you think the 4.5 will be anygood

tunnelhead 11-30-2005 09:50 PM

I have heard the Same the 5.5 system just cant keep up with a 7 turn motor. My friend runs mod,19t and stock. Travels to Socal, Stockton and Sac on a regular bases. Novak sytem beats LRP system. Novak has been running the 4.5 brushless down at Socal. One area where the brushless system beats the brushed is maintance.

tunnelhead 11-30-2005 09:52 PM

$400 for a GTB??? heck we sell them all day long for $239.99 all day long and will ship them.

Timox 12-01-2005 03:01 PM

One area where the brushless system beats the brushed is maintance.
Yep, that's why i got one. I have got a few Trinity 7 turn motors that have only had 2 runs before they self destructed for no good reason. I'm just plain sick of brushed and all there problems....

$400 for a GTB??? heck we sell them all day long for $239.99 all day long and will ship them.
Yeah i live in Australia so that's what it costs us here....

I kind of figured someone that was competitive at that kind of level would have asked these questions prior to their purchase. Seems like most skilled racers make informed buying decisions.
I hear ya there, but the place i got it from advertised that they are 7 turn equivalent :weird:

With a 7 single Epic Shock round wire i can only JUST keep in front of the fast guys who have 7 turn DC motorsports motors... This is my first time racing electric ;) I'm normally a nitro guy :p