R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to unknown

I was thinking that, but I think the black will make the yellow look darker in the places that it covers. I think I am just going to have someone professional do my A4. I want it to look sweet....not poopy like my current one does.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #17
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by unknown
I was thinking that, but I think the black will make the yellow look darker in the places that it covers. I think I am just going to have someone professional do my A4. I want it to look sweet....not poopy like my current one does.
Get BigDogGraphics to pain it for you. He does great work and is reasonably priced
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 12:05 PM   #18
Tech Adept

I e-mailed him to see how much they would charge me and if they have the body that I want in stock.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:37 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

No I don't keep Audis in stock. They aren't very popular, but my LHS has them and if they're out I can get it in less than a week.

However, I'm at least 2 weeks behind on painting. For more specifics I'll reply to your email tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, I can do window tint using something other than black enamel that really looks like tint. I can even tint everything except the windshield so it looks realistic.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:17 PM   #20
Tech Adept

WOW, thanks for posting. All I want is the HPI A4 Quattro body painted bright yellow and I want all the windows tinted dark...but so you can barely see thru them. When you reply to my e-mail, I will tell you what I want and we can talk price
Old 11-05-2002, 09:07 PM   #21
Tech Adept

well everyone, here are pics of the final product....I am pretty happy with it...although it could be 100 times better...

Old 11-05-2002, 10:26 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Default Looks good to me!!

Hey, whats wrong with that. A few weekends of racing and .......

What kind of paint are you using. If Practa R/C car paint. Buy a bottle of the thinner, Use a Q-tip wet (not dripping) to carefully remove the bleed. Don't get the Q-tip too wet with the thinner unless you are going to paint over it. It will dull the finish on the lexan which you wouldn't want on clear windows.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:30 PM   #23
Tech Elite

I can tell what kind of chassis you have under that body by the tools you have laying around in your pics.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:15 AM   #24
Tech Adept

you can also see my 2400mAh power-maxx pack in the second pic. I am going to be picking myself up some different battery packs soon. From what you said in battery post....the power-maxx is crap.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:33 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Default Power-Maxx packs

Don't get rid of them if they are working fine for you. Get your moneys worth out of them.
The reason I say what I say about the Maxx-Packs is, I have bought 6 packs in the last 4 months and had trouble right away. I disassembled the packs and made then into side x side packs for my Pro3. I was not having trouble charging but at the track they would dump prematurely. So I cycled every battery individually and did not find not one battery that would read 2400 mah in a cycle. Most were around 1800-1900 mah.,but each pack of six cells had at least one cell that was less than 1000 mah. I still have 3 Maxx-Packs left but use them only in my starter box and one seems to be going away now.
I will probally replace them with 3300 NiMh's as I have 3 cars to start at the track when I race.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:43 AM   #26
Tech Elite

From your pictures, I think that you did a great job of painting & mounting the body. Especially a HPI body on an Associated chassis.
Really is the ONE thing about R/C that I hate, painting and mounting bodies.
We usually race at least 4 cars at a race and I'm the mechanic for all of them. My son is 7 yrs old (speed racer) and my stepson is 24? (chim-chim) and not very mechanicly inclined. So I get stuck with all of the dirty work.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Evil_S10

Next time get a tape that will not bleed. I bought some Pactra R/C Car tape that works awesome on r/c car bodies. Try some better tape and your car will look definitely better. (Tip: dont use masking tape, it isn't sticky enough) that was just my observation and I got a lot of bleeding from that. One other thing, try getting car bodies that come with window masks, those things are just plain old awesome.
Evil_S10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 07:20 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

i use 3M electrical tape for masking details. it works great because it stretches a bit for curves. it also leaves minimal adhesive during cleanup. for larger masking areas, i use sheets of vinyl stickers. they come off in one piece after painting.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote