NEW XRAY T2

Old 01-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BritRacer
if you want to run the foams, which come in the box, you need to shave the inside edge of the foams/wheels on the truer to stop them binding on the knuckle.

Not exactly what I imagined when the car was carpet ready.... and seeing the team drivers are already trying a non-flex top deck....not exactly great.

Yes, you could shim them out a mil or so by adding a spacer outside the HEX, but that would widen the track width and give less steering.
I shimmed mine out .5mm on each side and the wider front track width was not a problem at all. The T2 has more than enough steering and the wider track width will actually help with preventing traction rolling and two wheel action.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CAR
Is the Futaba 9550 low profile servo strong enough to run with foams its only rated at 83.3 oz-in?
I had the same concern, but found it to be more than fast enough, but with a smoother feel than my previous .08s/124oz torque servo.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CAR
I think to shim a standard servo could be the way to go to help offset the weight from the battery .If you run the low profile servo you might have to add some weight in the area of the servo ?
With IB3800's, a Tekin G11Pro, a Futaba 9550, a Spektrum receiver and a stock motor I had to add 5g weights on both the front and rear of the left side to balance the car from left to right.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

T2'ers.... I would suggest these
http://cgi.ebay.com/53160-Tamiya-4mm...QQcmdZViewItem
or similar......for the wheels.

Available in red/blue/black for those who want them to match their paint

I am already fed up with banging the nut driver on the desk to get the wheel nut out from inside.

Tye, if you are reading this, I ordered some extras for you both.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
Going to start building my car soon, are there any tips from drivers who've raced theirs regarding the transfer of FK'05 setups to the T2? Just wondering if anyone has tried to 'match' their old setup and if this has worked, or if you've started fresh with the recommended setup from the included setup sheets?

TIA
Myself (one-way) and other team drivers (front diff) running foams on carpet have been able to closely match our FK05 setups successfully. The difference being we only have 4d c-hubs currently and most of our 05 setups used 6d c-hubs. In order to increase the caster to 5.5d, the drivers have used 1.5d of front kickup (pro-dive). Some have also stiffened the front springs to the next 2/3lb higher rate and closed an extra hole in the front shock pistons as well.

One of the differences I've noticed with the T2 is that using the inner lower shock mount positions on the front arms and the outer shock mount positions on the front shock tower allow you to stand the front shocks up another 1 to 2 degrees from the most vertical position of the FK05 front shocks. With that in mind, I decided to keep the front purple springs and use this more vertical position on the front. To keep the balance of the car, I also stood the rear shocks up an extra degree (1 notch) from my FK05's position. Works great!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

T2'ers.... I would suggest these
http://cgi.ebay.com/53160-Tamiya-4mm...QQcmdZViewItem
or similar......for the wheels.

Available in red/blue/black for those who want them to match their paint

I am already fed up with banging the nut driver on the desk to get the wheel nut out from inside.

Tye, if you are reading this, I ordered some extras for you both.

Hey Andy, you order me any? lol
Old 01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looking to get some ceramic bearings, who has the best price/quality for individual/pairs of bearings, just need some for the outdrives!
Try this for the outdrives: http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PRO...arings/Kit1069

I used their bearings on my FK05 ( http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PRO...arings/Kit6908 ). Those are much smoother and stronger than the original xray ones (and cheaper ). In the last 4 months I changed only 3 (usually I changed one of the xray ones almost after every club race). They come oiled - no messy grease. Also in that size metal shield is a must the rubber shielded xray ones will be a pain.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

rc4less.com sells grade 7 ceramic bearings for $10 a pair. I've used them and they have performed very well. I don't think I've had one fail yet and I have them on most of my car.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same guys on the eBay 10$ cheaper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-ABEC-5-Ball-B...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
For anyone looking to play with the width of the T2 ( or have a issue with the how foams fit the front of the car) I came across this XRAY shim set that works better then planned.

Part # is 96 4030 ( Washer S 3.5x12x0.2 ) the inside diameter perfectly matches the threads on the axles with no slop the outside perfectly matches the hex. Each shim is .2mm thick so it allows you very fine adjustment with width putting one on each side increases the width by 1/2 a mm. 10 shims come to a pack.

take care

Korgae

Thanks for the input Korgae. Now... if i only had my T2. I will never preorder another car... the suspense is killing me. All of you that have your T2's... you suck. j/k

I am glad to see the car did so well in the hands of Blackstock... coming from AE, and being used to the shaft. Hell hath no fury if Baker gets hold of one!!

- DaveW
Old 01-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Steve W, what's the word on the T2's?
The car kits has been shipped to us. We should be shipping them out as early as Tuesday/Wednesday of this week

Steve Wang
Old 01-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
The car kits has been shipped to us. We should be shipping them out as early as Tuesday/Wednesday of this week

Steve Wang
Nice Steve...I can't wait to get mine.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Kits

Just spoke with RC America and our kits shipped out on the 4th, should see them by thursday. We will ship out the same day to those that pre-ordered. Now i need to get hold of a parts list, anyone have one that they can scan?
www.evolutionhobbies.com
Old 01-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
rc4less.com sells grade 7 ceramic bearings for $10 a pair. I've used them and they have performed very well. I don't think I've had one fail yet and I have them on most of my car.
DITTO!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

A few pics from my newfound T2 identity...
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-t2_earnhardt_body_right_front.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-t2_earnhardt_body_right_top.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-t2_earnhardt_body_right_rear.jpg   NEW XRAY T2-t2_earnhardt_body_rear.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.