Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
that is the dumbest response ever! i love xray as a touring car (not in a weird way ) but why don't they just offer the strap for free/with kit?

too many companies offer no choice??? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT??!!

this is the dumbest/smartest money maker xray has come up with. i've heard endlessly "straps tweek the car" but all i see is every 05 owner and his dog with either a official strap or a hacked up job on their car.

PLEASE XRAY.... you're lucky you have sheepishly obedient owners, and a exquisite product to match

i'm not racing until i get my T2. the FK04 is retired
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

I'd personally be more upset being forced to pay for something I didn't intend on using...

Even on my FK05 I was thinking of giving up onthe battery strap and going back to tape...same story with a few others I've seen...

Don't for a second assume that straps could or would be included 'free' in the kit....the price of the strap would be included in the purchase price...the material isn't 'free' the machining time to manufacture the components isn't 'free' the hardware isn't 'free'....so the strap, either included in the kit, or sold separately couldn't be done for 'free'...
Old 01-04-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the FK04 came with 2 battery straps FREE no extra charge

I cant think of any onroad cars on the market that dont come with a strap unless its not posible to put one on

i love the xrays they are top cars but ffs they rip us off left right and centre their parts are twice the price of HPI and Associated wht cause they can

i say free straps to your loyal customers
Old 01-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ChrisP, you are right, but somehow the parts in the kit are much cheaper than the spare parts you buy. If you add up all the parts the kit contains and calculate with the spare parts prices I guess the sum is about 800-1000$. So probably the strap would increase the kit price by 10$ but as an option part you have to pay 30+ for it.

I read somewhere that the FK05 strap fit if you mount it backwards... I don't know for sure. Teamgp, help us out please...

Last edited by cvt01; 01-04-2006 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

ChrisP with that logic you might as well not include the shocks. alot of people hate them and go to tamiya, bugger it, lets just tell xray to have no shocks, and to "GIVE US THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE" and the kits would be cheaper

dude, it's called cognitive disonance. you're (and most other xray buyers) are experiencing conflicting thoughts (ie; "shyt! they ripped me off, now i have to buy it!") and to calm your conflicting opinions you make up weak excuses like "i don't need it, i use tape, i use a badger straped to the car, my cats tail does the job nicely etc

ADMIT IT, WE GOT A KILLER KIT! BUT WE GOT JIPED ON THE STRAP!... AGAIN!

they'll include it in the FK kit, or the "freedom of choice" kit and people will be like "wow! something for free!"
Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the_barbarian
the FK04 came with 2 battery straps FREE no extra charge

I cant think of any onroad cars on the market that dont come with a strap unless its not posible to put one on

i love the xrays they are top cars but ffs they rip us off left right and centre their parts are twice the price of HPI and Associated wht cause they can

i say free straps to your loyal customers

And even on the FK04 and prior cars people had custom chassis made to allow them to tape batteries in...

the FT TC4 has an aftermarket strap, the Hot Bodies Cyclone and Tamiya 415MSX don't allow for a strap at all...

The individual parts prices for the Xray cars may seem high, but when you factor in the rate you need to replace them vs some other kits, you'll find that the overallcost of ownership is actually quite good....

I'm sure that Xray could produce less expensive parts that require changing moreoften as well....I doubt that would satisfy the market though

Personally, I'm rather shocked and impressed with the pricing on the T2 staying so close to that of the FK05, considering that a MAJOR investment in tooling was required.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I for one am glad they didnt include the strap. It saves me 20 bucks on the cost of the kit.

And the parts for xray might cost a little more than for the AE cars and such but thet last 5 times longer. Before I owned an xray I had a differnet car in which parts such as arms and stuff needed replaced bi weekly to keep the car slop free. I have never replaced an arm on my xray and there is very little if any slop in them after 5 months of racing it.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
ChrisP with that logic you might as well not include the shocks. alot of people hate them and go to tamiya, bugger it, lets just tell xray to have no shocks, and to "GIVE US THE FREEDOM TO CHOOSE" and the kits would be cheaper

dude, it's called cognitive disonance. you're (and most other xray buyers) are experiencing conflicting thoughts (ie; "shyt! they ripped me off, now i have to buy it!") and to calm your conflicting opinions you make up weak excuses like "i don't need it, i use tape, i use a badger straped to the car, my cats tail does the job nicely etc

ADMIT IT, WE GOT A KILLER KIT! BUT WE GOT JIPED ON THE STRAP!... AGAIN!

they'll include it in the FK kit, or the "freedom of choice" kit and people will be like "wow! something for free!"
Shocks are a REQUIRED component to run the car....you don't NEED a battery strap....you want it as a convenience item...there's a difference
Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

What type of tape is best for strapping down the battery?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Most of the locals just use 3/4" fiber strapping tape that you find at WalMart or your local hardware store...
Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

wish i could save money on the T2 its here but at $638au im not interested in getting it then to have to spend another $50au on a crappy strap cause tape shits me $688AU car hmm http://www.xe.com/ucc/ $511.86USD

for a toy car i can get 2 FK05s here second hand for $600 with straps and motor gaurds
Old 01-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Killa G
What type of tape is best for strapping down the battery?
I use to use 3M its stronger

but ive heard the blue Tamiya tape is quiet good
Old 01-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

This is so untrue. Just how many times have you replaced a arm on a Xray due to breakage?? Vrs a AE or a HPI? I would rather pay a lil bit extra and stay in the race. Rather then get cheap and pull the car off cuz it broke. Plus the parts cost difference on a pair of arms is about 3 bucks Xray Vrs AE. So when you look at the big picture you can get the Xray and carry one extra front and rear arm and MAYBE use them. When you drive another brand You better have plenty parts on hand.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

I have a pro4 and ill tell you straight I f*%king hate the car its fast as but a little tap and bang there goes a c-hub arm or some other bloody part

so you I get what your saying I only use the Pro4 in 540 its harder to break

but at the same time over hear in Australia we get ripped off so much with RC its freaking rediculus

1 FK05 arm at my local hobby shop $13au
a pair of HPI Pro4 arms $9

a protoform shell is $45 here

things like hudy lathes omg $500 or the hudy tyre truer man you have no idea what the pricing of RC is doing to us over here
Old 01-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Ok.....but you've just rambled off a bunch of different brands with inflated prices in Australia...how is that Xray's fault?

I feel your pain....pricing in Canada was high at one point too...but with more dedicated suppliers and distributors in Canada and shops unwilling to accept 'dealer prices' from the 'major US distributors' that were higher than what US street prices were our prices have begun to fall to the point where pricing in Canada can be competitive with the US.

This really doesn't have much to do with the T2 though....perhaps a 'Why is stuff so darn expensive in Australia?' thread....might even be able to uncover some ways to help improve the situation...

I agree though..I see a lot of Australians buying in the US and having parts shipped halfway aroud the world for significant savings vs buying locally....that really shouldn't be necessary...
Old 01-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

I have a pro4 and ill tell you straight I f*%king hate the car its fast as but a little tap and bang there goes a c-hub arm or some other bloody part

so you I get what your saying I only use the Pro4 in 540 its harder to break

but at the same time over hear in Australia we get ripped off so much with RC its freaking rediculus

1 FK05 arm at my local hobby shop $13au
a pair of HPI Pro4 arms $9

a protoform shell is $45 here

things like hudy lathes omg $500 or the hudy tyre truer man you have no idea what the pricing of RC is doing to us over here
WEll you cant Blame Xray for the way your country has the curancy (sp) structure. Like I said 26au bucks for two arms that you may use or spend 27 au bucks for three pairs that you will use for sure.

there is a old saying that I live by. It goes like this

Pay a little cry alot

Pay alot only cry one time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.