R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #961
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,
I'm sorry, we have not send the pre-order confirmation email due to RC America unable to confirm with us exactly how many car kits we will be receiving.
Steve Wang
It can happen only in the RC business, c'mon can you believe in ANY other business that you are expecting a shipment and don't know the quantity and so the price you will have to pay for it. BS. But if so you just give Xray a call and ask for the information. SOMEBODY probably knows it. This is just way too funny.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #962
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjuliussen
Finally.. the car is in the house. ready to build...
burn in hell
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #963
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
It can happen only in the RC business, c'mon can you believe in ANY other business that you are expecting a shipment and don't know the quantity and so the price you will have to pay for it. BS. But if so you just give Xray a call and ask for the information. SOMEBODY probably knows it. This is just way too funny.

Is this aimed at Steve or Xray(the mothership). Would you rather have Steve take your money and then tell you he has no cars because Xray shorted RCAmerica which in turn shorted Speedtech. Relax in a month it will be all good. If you cant wait just buy somthing else.......

davesrctracks.net

Last edited by tomdav; 12-29-2005 at 03:11 PM.
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #964
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
It happens in many other markets as well. Not everyone that pre-ordered XBOX 360s got them either on street date or many weeks past. And those folks actually placed a deposit at some of retailers.

Steve and the other retailers in r/c have to deal with product allocations. It is the nature of supply. In a way, it is great that this release has as much interest as it has. In the long run, that will bring strong product support.

Xray has produced quality product. Just be patient, RC America and folks like Speedtech will get the products out as soon as possible.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #965
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

bull shit , xray is fool of crap olaaaaaaaaaa
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #966
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
As frustrating as this might be, this kind of problem is quite common in the R/C industry (can't really speak for other industry as I'm not familiar with them) We ran into the same problem with Tamiya released their TRF415 (and all the versions after that), when Yokomo first released their MR-4TCSD. We didn't know of the actual quantity until maybe about 1-2 weeks before. Logistically it's difficult, however the guys at RC America are trying their best to get things done (you can just tell from talking to them on the phone, they all sound exhausted) Like other shops, we check with RC America just about everyday for the past weeks, and only until about 10 minutes ago when I got off the phone with them that I'm able to get a concrete number from them.

We now have a number to work with so we will start the pre-order confirmation process as soon as we can. The tentative schedule is that the car should be available at RC America 1st week of Jan. (assuming no delay at the US customs) and we should be shipping them out the 2nd week of Jan. Thank you for your patience guys.

Steve Wang
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #967
Tech Regular

Yeah!
tarheelquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #968
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It would be really nice to get a straight answer about whether or not parts will be shipped around the same time as the kits. It's not very reasonable to race a car that you can't get parts for.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #969
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main
bull shit , xray is fool of crap olaaaaaaaaaa

Just like your driving ...lol.....mihn-rays suck king of the B...
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:57 PM   #970
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
It would be really nice to get a straight answer about whether or not parts will be shipped around the same time as the kits. It's not very reasonable to race a car that you can't get parts for.
I totaly agree, especially considering my driving
tarheelquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #971
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Hey guys, I am not an X-Ray guy, but I got a chance to play with the T2 today at my LHS. It was a sponsored drivers car. It was all assembled and ready to go. Looked really nice. I was very impressed with how smooth the drive train was for not being driven yet. Supposedly all stock bearings that had not yet been cleaned out and relubed. He had not yet driven it so he could not comment on how it handled compared to the current X-Ray car.

There was some slight wheel rub with Jaco foams but I am sure that is easily fixed.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #972
Tech Addict

thanks for the hard work steve
zinger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #973
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to goop

i too have touched and oooogled over the t2 i must say that the car looks better in person. it had no electronics in it but i must say very low cg. the way you raise or lower the camber link on the shock tower is on like a cam it looks like they took the idea from the xb8. awesome car. i did not get to see it on the track though. maybe at the novak i will.

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #974
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
i too have touched and oooogled over the t2 i must say that the car looks better in person. it had no electronics in it but i must say very low cg. the way you raise or lower the camber link on the shock tower is on like a cam it looks like they took the idea from the xb8. awesome car. i did not get to see it on the track though. maybe at the novak i will.
Well I never said I oooogled over the car but yes, it did look very nice. Really smooth feeling and well excuted like all X-Ray stuff. The only thing I didn't really care for was the new adjustable flex chassis. He had the car on it's stiffest setting and it did seem to flex a lot to me for a carpet car.

I cannot wait to see it run!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #975
Tech Regular

The flex chassis concept has been a huge concern for me. I remember when Shumacher tried a similar concept on the Axis 2 and it was total crap. As of now it is the only thing really making me go Hmmmmm.

Dos anyone know if Tamiya shocks will work on the T2?
Ill Factor is offline   Reply With Quote