R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2005, 12:07 PM   #631
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I noticed that it had two screws for the shock towers. They must of thought it was better. It makes sense to me. I'm trying to figure out where I'll mount my transponder.
I think so too, I think with just one screw either side, the tower and pivot about one screw inducing tweak.
John_Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Goin
The majority of U.S. racers are carpet racers. %90 percent or more would prefer that it comes with two diff's instead of a diff and multidiff. If you consider that you have two diff's and then purchase a multidiff, you can use your extra diff for the rear when the other wears out.
I, think, for the prices of these new touring cars, BOTH should be included.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #633
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
I, think, for the prices of these new touring cars, BOTH should be included.
It's all about supply and demand. Think about it for a moment - Xray sold 100% of the FK05's they manufactured in 2004/2005. As long as we are all willing to pay $$$, they'll keep charging us $$$. If everyone runs out and buys T2s, then xray (or any manufacturer) has no reason to drop prices when the next new thing (and beyond) come out. And hobby shops and distributors have no reason to mark down their prices.

But ofcourse, everyone's heard it before .
deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 PM   #634
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman
It's all about supply and demand. Think about it for a moment - Xray sold 100% of the FK05's they manufactured in 2004/2005. As long as we are all willing to pay $$$, they'll keep charging us $$$. If everyone runs out and buys T2s, then xray (or any manufacturer) has no reason to drop prices when the next new thing (and beyond) come out. And hobby shops and distributors have no reason to mark down their prices.

True indeed... true indeed, sir.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #635
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

it is my american dudy to buy !
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #636
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
True indeed... true indeed, sir.
BTW Kew. You still have that RS4 of mine ?
deeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #637
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DUB
They will have a 1.8mm 2.4mm & 3.2mm chassis for the T2
Who did you hear this from?
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #638
Tech Elite

so in this computer age, there really is no release date other than....dec/jan/feb maybe???
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #639
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
so in this computer age, there really is no release date other than....dec/jan/feb maybe???
forget about computers...just go by rc america(cant be far from you) and find out....then come back and let the rest of us know
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:14 PM   #640
Tech Elite

Trust me i am trying Word is "before christmas" but that was pretty indirect information....I am pestering most people i think i can pester.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM   #641
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman

I tend to disagree. The simple mathematics of it are the longer they drag out the old car the cheaper it gets for them, and the more profitable it gets. The molds are done and now paid for, the machine work has all been programmed, the "majority" of the R&D is done, catalogs made, part numbers and instruction manuals, even decals are all done. Even marketing has to be re-done with a new car. Advertising, pictures, flyers, box art, instruction manuals, et all.

Had they drug out the FK05 for one more year, it would have still been competetive, and XRAY would have made a TON more money than releasing a new car. Everything is paid for, "just toss parts in a box", to over simplify a very complicated process...

Everybody is sold out of the FK05, and it dominated the very last race major event it was in... They would have sold just fine for another year.

I believe (although speculative on my part) that Juraj is truly interested in one thing, making the best car. There is no other reason to release a new car when the other is paid for and winning, and IN DEMAND... The guy just wants to build great cars, it's almost as if he doesn't care about the money, because the smart money is on using exisiting parts and molds. Not making new molds to the tune of maybe $25k-$50k each, and intentionally obsoleting your own car, not having your competition obsolete your car, which is the way we are used to seeing it.

Just my .02, Doesn't mean it's right or wrong.
-Bob

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-07-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #642
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree 100% with Bob. Alot of people here may not understand the "industrial" or "engineering" side of this and how much money it costs to do molds, etc.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #643
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It hard to argue with that, especially from someone that has been so sucessful in this industry
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #644
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I tend to disagree. The simple mathematics of it are the longer they drag out the old car the cheaper it gets for them, and the more profitable it gets. The molds are done and now paid for, the machine work has all been programmed, the "majority" of the R&D is done, catalogs made, part numbers and instruction manuals, even decals are all done. Even marketing has to be re-done with a new car. Advertising, pictures, flyers, box art, instruction manuals, et all.

Had they drug out the FK05 for one more year, it would have still been competetive, and XRAY would have made a TON more money than releasing a new car. Everything is paid for, "just toss parts in a box", to over simplify a very complicated process...

Everybody is sold out of the FK05, and it dominated the very last race major event it was in... They would have sold just fine for another year.

I believe (although speculative on my part) that Juraj is truly interested in one thing, making the best car. There is no other reason to release a new car when the other is paid for and winning, and IN DEMAND... They guy just wants to build great cars, it's almost as if he doesn't care about the money, because the smart money is on using exisiting parts and molds. Not making new molds to the tune of maybe $25k-$50k each, and intentionally obsoluteting your own car, not having your competition obsolete your car, which is the way we are used to seeing it.

-Bob

Word.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer

I believe (although speculative on my part) that Juraj is truly interested in one thing, making the best car. There is no other reason to release a new car when the other is paid for and winning, and IN DEMAND... The guy just wants to build great cars, it's almost as if he doesn't care about the money, because the smart money is on using exisiting parts and molds. Not making new molds to the tune of maybe $25k-$50k each, and intentionally obsoleting your own car, not having your competition obsolete your car, which is the way we are used to seeing it.

-Bob
I think Xray makes everything "In House" and it don't matter as much for them. AE and Losi have everything done by someone else, thus they need to run their products longer to make a profit. That's ok if they put good R&D time in their products. TC3 being one of them. Something like 3 years of R&D? That's the good thing about Xray, they can pump out improvments at a quicker rate. I'm not sure if customers assist in the testing, but I know Xray won't wait if they find that something works better. Now I do very, very, much respect Corrally and how they are doing their business. They do listen to their customer base and fix problems. Unlike AE, they just tell customers their wrong. Bad business and I hope they learned. Just my two cents.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote