R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #5761
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

I am an unsponsored driver, I have had the plastic shocks on my FK05 and on my T2. I had no problems with them over the last 2 years. I have not broken a body once. I do run the Pdub front bumper.

I find no difference between the TRF shock on my 415msx and the T2 shocks. I dont have any leaking, just rebuild them every two months and go race.

Last edited by lbckevin; 09-30-2006 at 12:09 AM.
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #5762
Tech Elite

Un-sponsered driver here-I have had no problems with my plastic shocks bleeding or breaking. I like them. I even have a set of TRF shocks that someone loaned me to try, I am going to give them back to him.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #5763
Tech Elite

Personal THANKS goes to RC America. Especially Ralph, Barry, and Paul. They helped me with my car and set-up at the IIC running foam TC for my first time. Had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #5764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 09-30-2006 at 08:53 PM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #5765
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The bottom loading Losi shocks take forever to get built and bled equal. Especially compared to the current shocks like the Schumacher, TRF, (I've never built Xray shocks but as far as I know they're pretty similar, right?) Bladder shocks IMO are much faster and easier to build and get right.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:06 PM   #5766
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

honestly jon,i just built a set of the new schumacher shocks and i am very impressed.i think i like them better than the tamiya shocks.i was very impressed with the coating on the shock bodies.they are the same build as the tamiya shocks but seem a bit more smoothe.i have always been a big fan of the tamiya shocks.now i think i have a new favorite.now if i can just get em in a color other than purple.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #5767
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Look at the flex tech for carpet. Now they are eating words that were said we did not need a new chassis. So now 9 months later the flex chassis is not good for carpet. The Xray club members will stand by and say it is not needed and is an update I am sure. I do not think we will have Juri (don't know how to spell his name right now) come on here and say they screwed up and was wrong about the chassis fr carpet.
Hmmm.... I ran my stock upper and lower deck on my T2 at Vegas last weekend... qualified 21st in 19t foam. I thought about getting a solid lower chassis for carpet foam but I didnt care for any of the aftermarket ones so I just waited until XRay came out with a update for the T2... glad I did as the new car looks great
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #5768
Tech Lord

on high bite the stock chassis is a little bit too flexible.the new one should be a bit more rigid.the vegas race from what i was told was low bite so the stock chassis would probably be better than a stiff one for that application.i believe the new kit or update is a carpet spec kit.the stock T2 seems to be a car that will do both asphalt and carpet to an extent.from what i gathered from the stock chassis is that the multiflex technology in theory is a nice idea but doesnt really work as intended.it seemed to tweak easier than a solid chassis due to the type of material used.component grade carbon fiber is not bad carbon fiber but does not have the memory of quasi isotropic.it works similar to fiberglass in how when it flexes it does not fully return to its origional state.quasi isotropic has more torsional strength than component grade and component grade has more longitudinal strenght.quasi is more expensive due to the material loss when made due to the 45 degree layers.you lose 4 corners and need larger sheets to fill the panel at 45 degrees.if they went with quasi they would need to go thinner to achieve the flex but it couldnt be used for both then.this is why i am a true believer in an asphalt and a carpet kit.it is difficult to make 1 chassis do it all unless you get into 1/12th scales where T plates or side springs do most of the work.
J Concepts
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 PM   #5769
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Hmmm.... I ran my stock upper and lower deck on my T2 at Vegas last weekend... qualified 21st in 19t foam. I thought about getting a solid lower chassis for carpet foam but I didnt care for any of the aftermarket ones so I just waited until XRay came out with a update for the T2... glad I did as the new car looks great

you should check out the complete BMI chassis. I got one two months ago and was highly impressed. the craftmanship was perfect and the car hasn't had a tweek in it since.This chassis is exactly what the car needed, rock solid. best money I ever spent on an aftermarket part. Good job guy's
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #5770
Tech Lord

thanks buddy.im glad you liked it.
J Concepts
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #5771
Tech Elite

Default The Losi were perfect for me every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
The bottom loading Losi shocks take forever to get built and bled equal. Especially compared to the current shocks like the Schumacher, TRF, (I've never built Xray shocks but as far as I know they're pretty similar, right?) Bladder shocks IMO are much faster and easier to build and get right.
I like them.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #5772
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have seen a few BMI T2 chassis... superb workmanship. I didnt pull the trigger and buy one because the roll center is lowered 1/2 mm from stock... 3mm chassis with bulkheads pocket milled 1mm... from what I am told. Maybe Jason can confirm this?
Anyway my point was you can run the multiflex chassis on carpet and do OK. Now the IIC wasnt high bite but how often does anyone run on real high bite? Even Cleveland last year wasnt high bite.
I am not saying the multiflex chassis is the greatest thing ever, just that it does work on most tracks... but since I race carpet I have a 007 on order
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #5773
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 09-30-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #5774
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

By making that change to the bulkheads several mm of material was able to be removed from up high on the car.
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:55 AM   #5775
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
I have seen a few BMI T2 chassis... superb workmanship. I didnt pull the trigger and buy one because the roll center is lowered 1/2 mm from stock... 3mm chassis with bulkheads pocket milled 1mm... from what I am told. Maybe Jason can confirm this?
Anyway my point was you can run the multiflex chassis on carpet and do OK. Now the IIC wasnt high bite but how often does anyone run on real high bite? Even Cleveland last year wasnt high bite.
I am not saying the multiflex chassis is the greatest thing ever, just that it does work on most tracks... but since I race carpet I have a 007 on order
i did lower the bulkheads .5mm over stock for the lower cg.this was what Paul Lemieux asked me for and when he said he liked it better, i decided to offer it to the general public.this did not change the roll center,just the cg.if you lower everything on the car like shock towers,arms and mounts and bulkheads,your roll center stays the same.what you are changing is the center of gravity only.it gives you the same effect as just running a 2mm chassis with added rigidity for carpet.if i was to only lower the bulkheads or only lower the arm mounts,that would be a roll center change.also,from what i have been told,many people had problems at vegas because the bite was much lower than there home tracks so they had to start from scratch on setup.the results from the vegas race is not a good referance for each cars performance capabilities because i do not think we will see low bite like that again.it will be interesting to see how all the new cars run in standard big race conditions.it will show there true performance.
J Concepts