R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #5656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The new lowered bulkheads with the separate motor mount and where the top deck is now at the same height as the battery strap and the car car goes like stink?
Nope haven't seen it, really! But it is about 2/10 faster.
Anonimouse.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #5657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Xray always seems to be one step ahead of the competition.

But I sure would like to see a purpose built TC for carpet and lipos..Very short shocks and towers since we only need 3-5mm of RH. Maybe a real direct dirve 4w TC. I sure hope it will fit lipos. I'm glad to see something new and even more improved. I hope they will get rid of the cvd blades and make some steel outdrives or some great plastic ones like the old HPI Pro 2.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 AM   #5658
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I sure hope it will fit lipos.
It will fit lipos from what I saw.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #5659
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
It will fit lipos from what I saw.
is the updated T2 just for carpet? i'm keen to see it, and wondering if it will have those updated CVD's that xray have been testing? (the 2 point pivot design cvd's that were posted on the xray forum on the official website a while back).
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #5660
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The one's I've seen had the original CVD's

The platinum LiPo won't fit. It's height is 23mm there is only 22 mm distance between the chassis plate and the topdeck... But the Apogee LiMn or the Orion race spec lipo will fit with no problem...
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #5661
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
Darroch w/ XRAY? When did that happen?
Vegas will be his first race with the car.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #5662
Tech Elite

Default I'm looking forward to seeing it.

When's the Vegas race?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #5663
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This a hard question or just one nobody wants to help with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejim911
I need some help with chassis flex. I raced a week ago with bmi carpet chassis and rubber tires. Chassis was very stiff. Car felt real good and easy to handle. Track was kinda slowed down for me and I wanted more speed. Won the B main so I wasn't real fast or real slow. I have been hearing all over that you want more flex for rubber tires on carpet. So this week I put the stock chassis on and set for lots of flex. I did get .4 faster but was never real comfortable driving the car. Also I did have a different moter so that might have been the .4. Am I headed in the right direction with the flex business? Any suggestions on how to go about getting correct amount of flex?
Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:21 PM   #5664
Tech Elite

Default Get the right tire.

Quote:
This a hard question or just one nobody wants to help with?
After that, start tring different flex options. Some even take out the brace between the rear bulkheads. Flex should be one of the last things you do when you have tried everything else. Try looking on X-rays site for setup. There are some good setups there for rubber tires.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #5665
Tech Regular

Am I searching for the right amount of traction? I guess I still don't have a grasp on why you would want flex over no flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
After that, start tring different flex options. Some even take out the brace between the rear bulkheads. Flex should be one of the last things you do when you have tried everything else. Try looking on X-rays site for setup. There are some good setups there for rubber tires.
Duratrax ICE
Old 09-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #5666
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Am I searching for the right amount of traction? I guess I still don't have a grasp on why you would want flex over no flex.
It allows you to fine tune the car. It does work. I did notice a change in handling of the car when I would make it stiffer or with more flex. I would say if you can not feel the change your overall set up needs work. I also think if your a driver that has very consistant lap time your also more apt to feel the difference.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #5667
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

The more easily the tires are able to make contact with the ground , the more traction (usually) the car will have. My stiffening the chassis, this makes the entire car flex less which makes it more responsive but yield less traction. If you are racing on a high-traction surface, such as carpet, a stiffer chassis works better because the surface is already loaded with traction - put it to work by making the chassis stiffer. If you were to make it overly flexible, the added traction would make the car sluggish from the unnecessary about of friction, caused my traction.

On the other hand, less grippy surfaces, such as asphalt, may require a more flexible chassis to give the car added grip.

Chassis flex is basically another variable to play around with for setup and will not fix a poor suspension setup. Also,nothing is carved in stone so make sure you play with your settings and see what seems best.

Oh btw, the XXX Main Setup Guide is an awesome refrence for setup help as well as the stuff that came with your T2.

Good luck & hope this helps

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:47 PM   #5668
Tech Regular

Thank you for the response. Give me something to work with. XXX Main and T2 set up books are great. But neither explained the effects of chassis flex at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
The more easily the tires are able to make contact with the ground , the more traction (usually) the car will have. My stiffening the chassis, this makes the entire car flex less which makes it more responsive but yield less traction. If you are racing on a high-traction surface, such as carpet, a stiffer chassis works better because the surface is already loaded with traction - put it to work by making the chassis stiffer. If you were to make it overly flexible, the added traction would make the car sluggish from the unnecessary about of friction, caused my traction.

On the other hand, less grippy surfaces, such as asphalt, may require a more flexible chassis to give the car added grip.

Chassis flex is basically another variable to play around with for setup and will not fix a poor suspension setup. Also,nothing is carved in stone so make sure you play with your settings and see what seems best.

Oh btw, the XXX Main Setup Guide is an awesome refrence for setup help as well as the stuff that came with your T2.

Good luck & hope this helps
Duratrax ICE
Old 09-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #5669
Tech Addict

Quote:
Chassis flex is one of my favorite tunning option for the t2 it help me improve my driving.
the more flex the better the car grips going through corners, thats what ive noticed. I tried setting mine at medium flex before but recently i found out that the softest flex works best for my driving style. I noticed that the more flex the t2 has the faster I can dive from corner to corner with good tire grip. Well just try adding or removing some screws its all that easy won't take a minute and the results will improve your car.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #5670
Tech Addict

Can someone tell me, what are the gold and silver spring rates..

Thanks