R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #5566
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by impdog
If I could slide in here for a secound, does anyone have a manual or the paper work, setup sheets for the 05 xray they dont need ...LMN Thanks [email protected]
Look at the first post in this thread:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=23104
Old 09-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #5567
Tech Regular

Hi, i'm quite new to RC and just got my T2. I must say that the parts and finish of the car is very good and top notch. I'm from Malaysia and the weather here is hot about 32 celcius during the day and around 29 celcius at night. I'm running on 40R Sorex tires and Type A medium inserts. I set up my car to follow the basic setting for rubber tires as provided with the kit.

I found that my car tends to understeer during corner entry and also during on-throttle corner exit. I can only fully turn in when off-throttle when turning into the apex. The understeering condition made my front tires wear faster than the rear. I also found out that there are scratch marks on the bottom of the chassis on the battery side and also at the rear of the car. I'm setting my ride height to be 6mm on the front and 6.5 at the rear. I wanted to follow some of the team driver setup for xray website but i'm not sure whether those settings are correct for my car and weather condition here.

Kindly advice. Thanks.
oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #5568
Tech Adept

Default T2 R

Hi

I am getting into electric 1/10 from nitro, with a T2R, just wanted to know what would be the best setup to begin with the car should be fast enough to catch up with a stock RRR.....atleast.

What i would like to know........

ESC ? MOTOR ? and batteries.....
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #5569
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
Hi

I am getting into electric 1/10 from nitro, with a T2R, just wanted to know what would be the best setup to begin with the car should be fast enough to catch up with a stock RRR.....atleast.

What i would like to know........

ESC ? MOTOR ? and batteries.....
That is a loaded question...
First on setup....run the stock setup...it is good starting point...
Now for fast as a stock Nitro car...That is kind of misleading... I prefer handing over speed...

For all out speed...Get a Novak GTB 3.5 brushless system.
For managable speed.... Here is my setup..
KO 2363 servo
KO VFS Pro Comp ESC or Hara Twister 2.1 ESC
EA Motorsports 4200 batteries
EA Motorsports KD 19T motor
For more speed...
DC Motorsports 7T Colbalt 2 or Orion V2

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:16 AM   #5570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
Hi, i'm quite new to RC and just got my T2. I must say that the parts and finish of the car is very good and top notch. I'm from Malaysia and the weather here is hot about 32 celcius during the day and around 29 celcius at night. I'm running on 40R Sorex tires and Type A medium inserts. I set up my car to follow the basic setting for rubber tires as provided with the kit.

I found that my car tends to understeer during corner entry and also during on-throttle corner exit. I can only fully turn in when off-throttle when turning into the apex. The understeering condition made my front tires wear faster than the rear. I also found out that there are scratch marks on the bottom of the chassis on the battery side and also at the rear of the car. I'm setting my ride height to be 6mm on the front and 6.5 at the rear. I wanted to follow some of the team driver setup for xray website but i'm not sure whether those settings are correct for my car and weather condition here.

Kindly advice. Thanks.
If you are using the orginal spring set, it may be too soft which leads the car to roll and scrape the sides and rear of the chassis. Also too soft suspension will lead to a break in traction if too much power is applied. To be competitive, you should at least have the optional spring sets and roll bars. I race on very flat and smooth tracks, purple front springs and blue rear, front rear damper 3holes close, 2mm front and 1mm rear roll bar. Car handles like its on rails.
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #5571
Tech Adept

time to buy a new x-ray barry was testing a new t2 this weekend at the IIC warm up race in AZ
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #5572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1armed1

Got a couple set up ?'s.

With freshly cut tires the rear end of my car wants to step out just a little in quick turns and chicanes.
It's not like I'm getting a lot of wear, after 4 packs there was almost zero foam dust in the front of the body and just a little in the back.

After 3-4 packs the rear tires are coned inward and it does not step out as bad.

It's not like the car is out of control, very easy to drive, I would just like to solve tis problem and may it will be a little quicker through these sections.

Maybe to much camber or camber gain?
If it is camber gain what would I change to correct it?

Thanks
Dayton
1armed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #5573
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle

Kindly advice. Thanks.
Hello Oracle
I think you need to give us more info, such as:
what is the track like.
what front diff are you running(multi diff?ball diff?).this should be decieded by the track layout.
the scraping of the battery underside of the chassis is a worry, either too much roll or too much weight on one side of the car.(ground clearance is about right).
Losi Micro-T, Losi Mini-T, Rc18T, Xray M18
Schumacher Fireblade Evo. All Electric
big_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #5574
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Hey guys - the RC bug has bitten me again as a new track is coming to the Atlanta area and with that comes the thought of a new ride.

I've had a TC3 Racer for the last four years (my first "real" R/C) and loved every moment of it, but I feel it is becoming more and more outdated as the belt cars take over the racing scene - correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe a biased forum, but I would appreciate any postive/negative words on the T2 - from what I see it looks incredibly fast, adjustable and built like a tank to boot. I'm also looking at the Tamiya 415, FT TC4, or new proposed "TC5".

$400 for the T2 is a bit much for a college kid - anyone have a good site in mind where it's going for a little less? I know this ride is red hot so it's like asking for a discount on a Ferrari.

Thanks guys - so glad to be back

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #5575
Tech Addict

I have a pair of Team Tamale steering knuckles for the T2 that I am selling for $35 if anyone is interested in them. They have only been used for one race day. Here is the link to the for sale thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128052

I just sold these.

Last edited by Eric Gebhard; 09-03-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #5576
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_boss
Hello Oracle
I think you need to give us more info, such as:
what is the track like.
what front diff are you running(multi diff?ball diff?).this should be decieded by the track layout.
the scraping of the battery underside of the chassis is a worry, either too much roll or too much weight on one side of the car.(ground clearance is about right).
Hi Big_boss,

Sorry about the brief information before. I'm running on a medium sized high bite technical asphalt track. The track is made out of a long straight about 40 feet long, a sweeper and into the in fields.

I'm using stock setup with front one way, ball diff at the back with the diff adjusted to medium tension. Cambers are at -2 degrees front and back. Rear toe-in 3 degrees and front stays at 0. I'm using Tamiya Super Stock RZ at 6.49 gear ratios. I'm using Dodge Stratus 3.0 bodyshell now and will change to a Mazda 6 when it's done.

Somebody told me that i need to purchase Xray springs set along with anti-roll bars. Also heard that those options are unnecessary at stock level. I'm really confused. Kindly advice.

Thanks.
oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #5577
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1armed1
Got a couple set up ?'s.

With freshly cut tires the rear end of my car wants to step out just a little in quick turns and chicanes.
It's not like I'm getting a lot of wear, after 4 packs there was almost zero foam dust in the front of the body and just a little in the back.

After 3-4 packs the rear tires are coned inward and it does not step out as bad.

It's not like the car is out of control, very easy to drive, I would just like to solve tis problem and may it will be a little quicker through these sections.

Maybe to much camber or camber gain?
If it is camber gain what would I change to correct it?

Thanks
Dayton
If your static rear camber is currently 2.0d or more, then I'd reduce it in increments of 0.5d and run it with levelled off rear tires for a few laps to see if the grip gets better in the tight turns. I wouldn't go less than 1.0d though. If your rear camber is less than 1.5d, then I'd suggest going to longer upper camber links to reduce the camber gain.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #5578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
Hey guys - the RC bug has bitten me again as a new track is coming to the Atlanta area and with that comes the thought of a new ride.

I've had a TC3 Racer for the last four years (my first "real" R/C) and loved every moment of it, but I feel it is becoming more and more outdated as the belt cars take over the racing scene - correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe a biased forum, but I would appreciate any postive/negative words on the T2 - from what I see it looks incredibly fast, adjustable and built like a tank to boot. I'm also looking at the Tamiya 415, FT TC4, or new proposed "TC5".

$400 for the T2 is a bit much for a college kid - anyone have a good site in mind where it's going for a little less? I know this ride is red hot so it's like asking for a discount on a Ferrari.

Thanks guys - so glad to be back
First off- is the track near ATL carpet or paved?

Second- the T2 racer version would be a great choice with less of a price tag, and a great value for a "comeback" car.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #5579
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Rumor has it that it will be paved and eventually a carpet track as well - check out www.atlantarcraceway.com

There is already a scheduled race for the 1st of October in the Electric series that has been running.

Thanks for the advice - any idea how much the T1R will be selling for?

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #5580
Tech Adept

no pics alowed, but it has lowered bulk heads, new chassis and upper deck. and is going to be sold as a carpet car
ae4ever is offline   Reply With Quote